Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Which of Tenagalia's compilations are a must have?

I haven't been on these boards in ages, because of exams and all, but I felt the need to return. I'm sure people can't wait for this weekend!! Anyways my question is I have a lot of cd's but not that many of Tenaglia's sets. If I decided to start collecting his compilations which ones are a "must" have? I know there are many Tenaglia fanatics on these boards so please feel free to share your opinion on this topic. The same goes for Carl Cox. Which cd's of his should I have to add to my collection?

Essential mix miami 94

Straight from DT himself This is not him (Essential Mix). He has never recorded a live set and put it on the internet. I have 2 radion shows from Japan that he did back in 93. They are on his board if you would like to hear them.

I got (DT) the Athens set and the Back to Basics (I think it is in the car) both are surperb.

Does anyone have Tourism?

Straight from DT himself This is not him (Essential Mix). He has never recorded a live set and put it on the internet. I have 2 radion shows from Japan that he did back in 93. They are on his board if you would like to hear them.

I got (DT) the Athens set and the Back to Basics (I think it is in the car) both are surperb.

Athens is off the chart

London is great

Mix This Pussy and Mix This Pussy II ( Can Your Pussy Do The Dog ) Are good.

Back To Basics is a great Set

Choice A Collection of Classics - To those who like the House music of today. You will not like this CD. But for those who are very open in there musical taste and want to here some music from way back when. This Comp is for you.

Tourism is one great track after another. Not a mix CD though as Matt Said.

And one that I really enjoy the mix of. Was not sold. It is approx. 25 Minute mix that Danny did for DMA Magazine in the July 1999 Issue. It also has a Video interview...

Tracks in the MIX are

Be Yourself ( Intro ) - Twisted

Westworld - Yoshitoshi

Be Yourself - Twisted

The Gateway Release - Addictive Records

Eclypse - Glow

Resurrection - Hooj Choons

• 3 weeks later...

So to RECAP: the Athens set and Back to Basics is good? GU London so/so? Are these sets a couple of years old? Back to mine too? Also when will Arc's last party cd be out?

i think every huge DT fan like me will say that none of his cds come even close to his best live sets-- seriously, not even close.

however, 3 cds suggest what he can do:

best: back to BASICS.

2nd best: gu london

3rd: gu athens.

but if u know dt from live sets, his cds will disappoint, or at least only hint at what he realy does.

having said that, once u hear back2 basics or london about 10-15 times, you WILL love them.

dt needs MORE live cds, ess. mixes, arc 5 year anniv, etc etc etc

given his status as one of worlds best djs, dt is one of the most UNDERREPRESENTED djs on cd ever.

Id like nother GU DT set but i hear its not happening.