Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Deep Dish @ Crobar, Sat 6/19

To bad it conflicts WITH Peter Rauhofer....you know I'm a Euro...Montenegro has the offices, but isn't on the list, yet. Hoping Peter could pull some strings...I want that Euro Passport. I already have the other two.

That is more important to me, right now. Wanna be able to travel on that train freely. but, I'm sure it--the dish boys--will do well. :love:

C*

I hope they don't use that DJ booth in the corner.

use the stage :aright:

It's funny, I met Sharam this weekend at a club in DC and asked him where they will be spinning that night and he said he didn't know....

my vote is for the stage too, althought I've seen DD a couple of times already and they have not blown me away yet, maybe that night?

was @ a club this Saturday and watched a DJ clear the dance floor with their new song Flashdance....

It was pretty damn funny... They had the crowd going pretty good, then about 2 mins into this song, the whole crowd left and went and got drinks...

was @ a club this Saturday and watched a DJ clear the dance floor with their new song Flashdance....

It was pretty damn funny... They had the crowd going pretty good, then about 2 mins into this song, the whole crowd left and went and got drinks...

That pretty funny b/c obviously those people dont know what good music is..that song is so much fun to dance to...Howells dropped it at his last arc set...S&D dropped it at Crobar Sander K a few months back at Crobar and the crowd was lovin in. Roger Sanchez dropped it at Spirit last month too and everyone was cheering. I dont think these guiys would include it in their sets if it didnt move a crowd.

Yeah but the song is getting really played out.... especially here in DC where DD are idolized and imitated...

I like it, it's catchy as hell and I loved it when S&D dropped it at the end. I'm looking forward to this night, as DD have a habit of keeping a lot of Yoshitoshi and Shinichi stuff unreleased until after they have played it on tour, so there should be a lot of good new tracks played.

I think that's a great track...that riff has been stuck in my head for a while now! But it doesn't have any massive breakdowns or is particularly hard, so some folks might not appreciate it's...sublimeness (i know, not a word) I would think a DJ could build a lot off it, or keep coming in and out of it. DD obviously produced a track that can be a good DJ tool.

Speaking of DD, I used to see them play in some tiny russion themed bar in DC way back when I was going to GW. And now they are GIGANTIC. funny.

What type of music do they spin? I heard them at space at this year's music conference and i remember the music being crazy. Talking to other people, everyone says they play more mellow shit. I dont know, maybe they just went nuts in miami, either way i will be there on sat :bounce:

I have heard a lot of good things about DD too. I also too want to know about the style of music they play? What type of house is it? What other djs is their style similar too? Tenaglia? Seaman? It will help me out in making a decision on I where I go out tonight in NYC. Any info would be appreciated.

What type of music do they spin? I heard them at space at this year's music conference and i remember the music being crazy. Talking to other people, everyone says they play more mellow shit. I dont know, maybe they just went nuts in miami, either way i will be there on sat :bounce: