Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Please explain to me.........

Bling

ok i know its been a weird transition for me but how the hell can i go from trance to soulful house as my next fav kind of edm. weird but true.....

i know lots of you got into trance at the start and moved on to other forms of EDM but has it been a drastic change like mine...... ???

mind u i still love trance i just like soulful house a lot now :)

ok i know its been a weird transition for me but how the hell can i go from trance to soulful house as my next fav kind of edm. weird but true.....

i know lots of you got into trance at the start and moved on to other forms of EDM but has it been a drastic change like mine...... ???

mind u i still love trance i just like soulful house a lot now :)

:)

thank you for clearing it up JQ. u should charge for ur advice :)

Vocals...thats the connection bling a ding...soulful vocals are found in both the soulful house you have caught onto and in trance. there are more than a few trance tracks where I love the vocal...just not the actual trance looped beat it is set to.

undergroundhouse.net

Begin you journey through house blingy....plenty of different styles and genres there....my personal fav. at the moment is the Honey Dijon Set.

Being a musical genius <---now that's a shy way to start a reply ;) I was never really attached to one single style of music (ever) I would listen to punk as well as to reggae, rock, soft rock, new wave, oldies, classic rock, classical...to me it was always about good tunes and talent...if it's good it's good and that's that.

When I first was introduced to electronic music was probably with 12" mixes of Soft Cell, Simple Minds, New Order, Depeche Mode, etc...these where actual extended recording of pop songs meant specificly for mixing...suddenly these records began to share the crate with all the Undergroound Global wave of artists that brought this grandious fuller sound...as I knew it by name...it was trance and I dove deep into it, this was back in the day of Da Mix with David Padilla...I was a Dj at the time and would spin until 4:30am then head down to a very quiet and far-from-trendy Washington Ave. park and stand in line for the afterhours set...wicked.

Even then, being a hardcore trance follower I developed a parallel passion for tribal music...and to get my dose of that I would head to K.G.B. (Now Privilege) the place was not really dressed-up as a club, it was more like just a big room (breakdancing and freestyle on the first floor, tribal on the patio and room upstairs) If I'm not mistaken this was right about the time I was discovering grunge and all bands attached to the "seattle movement" bands such as Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Nirvana and Red Hot Chili Peppers were heavy on my car-stereo's rotation...never popped in a trance tape on my car-stereo...I need to drum rock on my steering wheel in order to concentrate on my drivin' my joke to my terrorized passengers was "I may be a lousy driver, but you have nothing on my drummin" ;)

Gettin' too much of a good thing is not always the best thing to do, it's good to alternate in order not to lose the taste or the love for things...in music is the same...in your case Bling, I think you discovered trance and fell deeply in love with the whole idea of "electronic music for the masses"...being one of the jumpin' heads of a tousand-headed-monster can be quite a rush...that's what trance is to me...you become one with as many bodies are in the room, it just has that elevating power...it's not just a coincidence, it's composed, recorded and produced intentionally that way to create those exact desired effects on its listener...the intros, the athmospheric feel of being in space (no pun intended) the build-ups, the truck-horn and then...THE HAMMER DROP!!!

Soulful vocal house (as you call it) or progressive house is more of an individual kind of music, everyone reacts differently to its powers...you have different layers of rythms to grab onto...I for one, can't stand still when house beging tocome out of the speakers...it crawls accross the room and climbs up my legs ending up all the way inside my head on the part of the brain that generates dance...I'm hooked.

Trance is also more of a physical thing...rougher, if you will...house is more delicate in form and shape, transitions are more suddle, beats are less aggressive and percussive, less accute...it's meant more to make you flow tan jump around, like trance.

Having not really made an inch of effort to get my ass to a trance event in years, I honestly have to say that every single time I'm exposed to it I react exactly the same way I did the first time I heard it...with nothing short of euphoria, it's a psychosomatic reaction...I close my eyes, listen to the music, surrender to its magical powers and suddenly I'm transported to a moment in time when I couldn't get enough of it...everything has a time and moment and if you set your mind to it, you can capture that moment ad make it last for ever.

peace yo! ;)

Being a musical genius <---now that's a shy way to start a reply ;) I was never really attached to one single style of music (ever) I would listen to punk as well as to reggae, rock, soft rock, new wave, oldies, classic rock, classical...to me it was always about good tunes and talent...if it's good it's good and that's that.

When I first was introduced to electronic music was probably with 12" mixes of Soft Cell, Simple Minds, New Order, Depeche Mode, etc...these where actual extended recording of pop songs meant specificly for mixing...suddenly these records began to share the crate with all the Undergroound Global wave of artists that brought this grandious fuller sound...as I knew it by name...it was trance and I dove deep into it, this was back in the day of Da Mix with David Padilla...I was a Dj at the time and would spin until 4:30am then head down to a very quiet and far-from-trendy Washington Ave. park and stand in line for the afterhours set...wicked.

Even then, being a hardcore trance follower I developed a parallel passion for tribal music...and to get my dose of that I would head to K.G.B. (Now Privilege) the place was not really dressed-up as a club, it was more like just a big room (breakdancing and freestyle on the first floor, tribal on the patio and room upstairs) If I'm not mistaken this was right about the time I was discovering grunge and all bands attached to the "seattle movement" bands such as Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Nirvana and Red Hot Chili Peppers were heavy on my car-stereo's rotation...never popped in a trance tape on my car-stereo...I need to drum rock on my steering wheel in order to concentrate on my drivin' my joke to my terrorized passengers was "I may be a lousy driver, but you have nothing on my drummin" ;)

Gettin' too much of a good thing is not always the best thing to do, it's good to alternate in order not to lose the taste or the love for things...in music is the same...in your case Bling, I think you discovered trance and fell deeply in love with the whole idea of "electronic music for the masses"...being one of the jumpin' heads of a tousand-headed-monster can be quite a rush...that's what trance is to me...you become one with as many bodies are in the room, it just has that elevating power...it's not just a coincidence, it's composed, recorded and produced intentionally that way to create those exact desired effects on its listener...the intros, the athmospheric feel of being in space (no pun intended) the build-ups, the truck-horn and then...THE HAMMER DROP!!!

Soulful vocal house (as you call it) or progressive house is more of an individual kind of music, everyone reacts differently to its powers...you have different layers of rythms to grab onto...I for one, can't stand still when house beging tocome out of the speakers...it crawls accross the room and climbs up my legs ending up all the way inside my head on the part of the brain that generates dance...I'm hooked.

Trance is also more of a physical thing...rougher, if you will...house is more delicate in form and shape, transitions are more suddle, beats are less aggressive and percussive, less accute...it's meant more to make you flow tan jump around, like trance.

Having not really made an inch of effort to get my ass to a trance event in years, I honestly have to say that every single time I'm exposed to it I react exactly the same way I did the first time I heard it...with nothing short of euphoria, it's a psychosomatic reaction...I close my eyes, listen to the music, surrender to its magical powers and suddenly I'm transported to a moment in time when I couldn't get enough of it...everything has a time and moment and if you set your mind to it, you can capture that moment ad make it last for ever.

peace yo! ;)

best funk post ever :)

...i know lots of you got into trance at the start and moved on to other forms of EDM but has it been a drastic change like mine...... ???

I pretty much woke up one morning and :puke: my guts out after devouring rotten cheese (see also: trance) for so long and all of a sudden, I felt like a new soul!!! It's house, or nothing! :D