Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Junior Vasquez Fridays @ Discotheque (it Gets Straighter Later)

Guest gabo
disco-0604.jpg

JUNIOR VASQUEZ FRIDAYS

"ALREADY THE BEST WEEKLY OF 2004"

at 17 W.19TH ST NYC

doors 10pm-until

junior spins til late --

it gets straighter later

new sound/lights

decor courtesy of howie keck

reduced admission all night on the Clubplanet guestlist

www.clubplanet.com/guestlists

woohoo

i think that its a pretty good party. the place is o.k. (getting better week by week). it isnt a very large space but the set-up is smart, the sound is damn good, and junior vasquez is right there -with the crowd- at work on the decks. for all junior vasquez fans, it is a very solid release, considering that twilo and earth were both closed down in over a two year span.

a big junior fan myself, i was fortunate enough to witness the evolution of sound factory/twilo (which was awesome), and later the conversion of exit to earth (also pretty amazing). that said, it must be difficult to carefully and lovingly build a house, only to be evicted. so we proceed with caution.

keep the faith...

hey

i agree, the party @ Earth i think was shit, it was like "wanna be" Arena but not even half way there.

Exit sucked as a space, in EVERY ASPECT, even the dance floor sucked, this is NY, not MIAMI,

i did love Jr @ Twilo, i thought the room was the perfect size, not to small, but not to big either.

i think the disco party is great!! and look forward to it becoming better!

small is where its at, with this City in this DAY

Nothing to big ever really works, Even in the gay club scene,

olympia<

Xoxox

i dont think its dumb,,

it kinda tells some of the clueless people not to come if you dont wanna be around queens....

its not hard

Is that what's itz saying or is it to imply don't come early if your straight...because I luv to party with Vasquez as I've always done at Twilo, and Earth...but not looking to get turned away if I arrive early...cause that has happened at Twilo before too and it pissed me off BIG time!

i agree, the party @ Earth i think was shit, it was like "wanna be" Arena but not even half way there.

Exit sucked as a space, in EVERY ASPECT, even the dance floor sucked, this is NY, not MIAMI,

just for clarification: i never said that i thought that the party @ earth was sh*t, or a wannabe arena. if i implied that than i apologize, for that isnt what i wanted to say.

what i meant to say was, 'jvm' was doing a great job in transforming a bland and lifeless 'exit' into a vibrant and beautiful new 'earth', before the process was so rudely interrupted. i thought that the place was coming along well and i am sure that it would have become a landmark in nyc nightlife if not for the bad press and the police.

i didnt say it right....

gay people, straight people, blah-blah-blah. love is love. respect earns respect. spread love to 'the world'.

peace...

just for clarification: i never said that i thought that the party @ earth was sh*t, or a wannabe arena. if i implied that than i apologize, for that isnt what i wanted to say.

what i meant to say was, 'jvm' was doing a great job in transforming a bland and lifeless 'exit' into a vibrant and beautiful new 'earth', before the process was so rudely interrupted. i thought that the place was coming along well and i am sure that it would have become a landmark in nyc nightlife if not for the bad press and the police.

i didnt say it right....

gay people, straight people, blah-blah-blah. love is love. respect earns respect. spread love to 'the world'.

peace...

Very well said. I also enjoyed Earth since its inception, and even though some nights were a bit strange, with shady security and a less than intimate crowd, or sometimes half-packed with patrons, the party was always good. I didn't go for the last 2 months or so of the party. I think the last time I went was the weekend after Arena Classics. I think Junior threw some good parties at Earth, had some good performances there, and produced some great songs / remixes during his residency at Earth. Overall, Exit was just a little too big and too far uptown for one of Junior's intimate house parties. Disco's a much better spot.

Exit was great in the beg and i really thought he would turn that place around to something cool. Which were a lot of his parties

He just kept trying to go longer and longer, it got a little ridiculous. Those parties were starting sat night and ending sunday at midnight way too long

The crowd was also scary at the end!

I'm gonna check out this friday night at disco

• 2 weeks later...
That place is NOT Twilo.....but, I guess it's better than nothing?

I don't think anyone who really loved Juniorverse would compare the two parties, but the current party at Discotheque is definitely more than "better than nothing." Junior's been cranking out some wicked beats since the inception of this party, and it's only been getting better. By far, one of the best parties on a Friday right now, with one of the best vibes.