Clubplanet Nightlife Community

HOLY SOUNDFACTORY... errrrr... MERGE

well it was definitely a factory crowd, and that was good in a way

I love Tsettos & Rydell, but tonight was on a whole new level that seaside (or jersey for that matter) hasn't seen before. JP tore that place apart, I can barely move now. I can barely hear now too, my ears are ringing so fuckin bad

had a blast... it was great seeing everyone

I'm spent.... peace

im gonna say that normally im not really a peters fan, i've experienced quite a few nights where he was just terrible. with that out of the way, i have to say that last night was absolutely sick. the man could do no wrong (except for that one trainwreck towards the end of the night, but whatever), he was on fire. it was my first time at merge as well and i have to say that i was pleasantly surprised. the system in there is pretty good and peters kept it on the edge of distortion all night long, the bass was HEAVY. my ears are soo fucked right now, but it was a great night, well worth it. hot girls everywhere, good dancers everywhere, and actually a party with a great vibe, looked like everyone there was out to have a good time.

What was everbody wearing? I was trying to picture who's who from this message board. I know you were out there!! I was looking around and saying to myself oh "this one is Notallthere" or whateva.....I saw Gambit---Heyyyy!

I met "Kosta" too.... Whassup guys it was nice seeing you...

What was everbody wearing? I was trying to picture who's who from this message board. I know you were out there!! I was looking around and saying to myself oh "this one is Notallthere" or whateva.....I saw Gambit---Heyyyy!

i was wearing a shirt with 1989 on the back... i definitely ran into some kid from cp because he was saying... yo johnny is ripping it siiiiiiiiick... lol, too funny... had a great time.. luckily im not driving tonight so i can have more than 3 or 4 drinks..

i was wearing a shirt with 1989 on the back... i definitely ran into some kid from cp because he was saying... yo johnny is ripping it siiiiiiiiick... lol, too funny... had a great time.. luckily im not driving tonight so i can have more than 3 or 4 drinks..

I saw you!! I was cracking up/LOVING some of the t-shirts I saw:

JP#1 DJ

JP makes my nipples hard

Real men wear pink

JP 004

Classics never die

there were so many more....

Who was the skinny dude with the sunglasses, longish messy hair--looked like an artsy punk type (like johnny rotten or iggy pop or something)?

the nite was great!

the only real good time i've had at a JP party since his last nite on 46th street

he was on point, that trainwreck at the end I'm pretty sure was a fuckup with final scratch, crowd was great, Merge staff was great, no complaints at all.

As for what i was wearing, tall kid with a lite blue tank on, was hangin out like on the side of the stage on the walkway between the bar and the dancefloor on the bathroom side of the club for most of the nite

red shirt?

if so i saw u there

yep... that's me... the name is dan in case anyone off cp ever wants to say what's up..

anyone see the big rico suave looking dude wearing the sunglasses down on his nose?? lol classic..

yeah I saw u too

it's funny I prolly see a lot of people on this board all the time, but I've just never met them so I have no idea

that dude with the suglasses down on his nose was hilarious

i was the kid with the spiky hair, haha, oh wait. i haven't seen peters since new year's at exit so im not really familiar with his track selection. however, one mix was absolutely tight, when he dropped the silence acappella (sp?) over steve lawlers's lost, shit was tizite

yep... that's me... the name is dan in case anyone off cp ever wants to say what's up..

anyone see the big rico suave looking dude wearing the sunglasses down on his nose?? lol classic..

had a white cut off on and a white sweatband? if that was the same kid he was mad cool, i was grubbin smokes off him all nite b/c i forgot to buy a pack on my way there lol

definitely a great night even though I had to leave early :( JP was on point and that system is bangin. I finally got to meet Kosta...if you're reading this I loved your "drug sniffing dog." I loved everyone's t-shirts too, they were so funny...I was wearing a pink cheerleader kind of skirt and a black mesh tee-shirt btw

so what songs did he play??

In no special order these are some songs I remember:

Santana-his own ver. of black magic woman

Danny T- esperanca

His own whacky version of Whitney H "its not right, but it's ok"

Voices

I believe in love-Paula cole

Sylver- all this time

luz divina-in your eyes

THAT PUTRID SATANIC SONG-DONT KNOW OR WANNA KNOW THE TITLE

That Latin-y vocal song he always plays (anyone know the artist/title?) luff it!

Some awful-way-too-techno for me tracks..

Sun is shining

Let the Sun shine

A new wavey male vocal song with Hapiness in the title

I personally LOVE when he plays vocals and latin/percussive stuff and hate the hard house tracks but that's just my opinion and I know he has to build up to the vox etc....

Hope this helped answer the original question :)

Danny T- esperanca

Voices

Sylver- all this time

luz divina-in your eyes

That Latin-y vocal song he always plays (anyone know the artist/title?) luff it!

Sun is shining

Let the Sun shine

I personally LOVE when he plays vocals and latin/percussive stuff and hate the hard house tracks but that's just my opinion and I know he has to build up to the vox etc....

Is that the right spelling for the Danny T track...I've never heard of it?

Danny T- esperanca

Voices

Sylver- all this time

luz divina-in your eyes

Sun is shining

Let the Sun shine

I am the opposite of you, except I don't "hate" the vocal house he plays

IMO, when JP plays hard prog house/tech, I think he's the best there is. I honestly dance till the point just before I have a heart attack, and then I only back down long enough to grab a few gasps of air and then go back at it again. Some of the shit he played fri at merge just blew my mind... I wanna ask for track IDs but I have nothing to go by cuz there's no words (hey anyone know that track jp played at 11:04???) lol.

I personally don't like when he mixes the fuck out of a vocal for half an hour, and I am definitely tired of stuff like 'all this time' & 'in your eyes' which I've heard waaaaaay too many times at factory/black (however I do like some of it, like when he mixed the fuck out of 'my love is your love' during classics)

BUT

I realize many of JP's fans love that shit, so I'm willing to put up with it, and I still get down to it. It's all a matter of personal taste, so its not worth arguing about anyway. :)

I dont throw the word around...ever....but is WAS...SICKKKKKK!!!!

If u blanked out the fact that you were at MERGE, and just focused on the music, the energy, the crowd...it brought back memories of the old factory...if even only for justy a little while!!! :)

VIP section was GREAT!!!! Totally worth it. I was wearing a white shirt - Dublin 63.

Lots of 5-0 though. Yes???

Lots of 5-0 though. Yes???

Really? I didnt notice any at all inside.

Leaving was another story, there were a shitload mulling around outside, but they do the same thing whenever i'm down there and leave temps at closing anyway from what i can remember, and they wernt even paying attnetion to the ppl walkin out, they were all just standing there talkin to each other