Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Is Proggy Dead???

marcodavalos

It has been talked over and over and over for the past couple years ... no news there. It bores the hell of many ... big room or small room ...

Watcha guys feel? (except Phillipio - please!!! )

:pint:

definately not marcos !! :cool:

I read some of the reviews for Lawler ... that is what made me bring the subject back to the table. :type:

IVE SEEN BORING AND GREAT PROGRESSIVE HOUSE DJ'S... and even tho i really like lawler ... i told everyone before he spun at space ... i like lawler .. but imo .. his music is better for a lounge or small club than a room like the blue room at space.. some music imo is just not meant to be played in a big room...

although when i saw hernan cataneo at space before this last time ... i thought he had alot of energy and had the room going nutts !! so i guess its not the genre of music but the dj you choose to spin where :cool:

there are good records and bad records .. prog or not prog .. just look for the good ones. :)

prog is not dead .. just ask john digweed.

True ...

My question would be ... how often would you listen to it nowadays if it weren't for JD playing the sporadic appearance in Miami?

I listen to prog house VERY much! That's why I asked House or Trance??

I think of it this way:

Everyone bashes Proggy House for one reason or the other for the past 3-4 years...yet

Proggy house DJ's are still spinning, and producers are spitting out CDR's like seeds from watermelon slices!

Otherwise DJ's like Digweed or others in his Bedrock label wouldnt be where they are today!

I can sit here and name you dozens of DJ's & producers I dig:

Satoshiie Tomie, Deepsky, Way Out West, James Holden, Layo & Bushwacka ....etc, etc, etc...

and people are STILL attending the shows when they play!

SO,... is it dead? I think not my friend.... :bounce: