Clubplanet Nightlife Community

JP at Spirit now?

hey erkine2 how old are you? and you might not like junior NOW but you gotta respect all hes done for house music. Defintely commands respect. And if you think he hasnt done shit then you dont know anything. As for jp i thought he was great up until 1997 now he spins pots and pans.

right on silverbull!!!!!90% of these jp fans have never even heard junior spin.most of them think the original sf is on 46th st.none of them know it was jp comming to juniors parties listening to his weeving and spinning not the other way around.where do u think jp tries to get his style from?Sorry but jp would never be where he is today without junior.Junior Vasquez was set to spin at the new sf when it opened not jp.junior was not happy with the new place and said no..thats the only reason jp got residentcy there.and as i recall junior started his own party at the legendary palladium called Arena.which in the short 1 and a hf that it was open blew away any party jp ever threw at sound factory,which jp didnt even have control of mr grant did.noone and i repeat noone throws a party like junior.soo whatever all of you that think jp is god and noone is better....thank god some of us know the real deal and who the real superstar dj is....JUNIOr Motha Fuckin Vasquez....often copied but never duplicated.soo put that in your crystal pipe and smoke it :gang:

Junior is the godfather of NYC house music, but hes history books now and u know it, hes not even selling out discotheque on fri's and that place is the size of my room, and hes not the same junior he was@ Twilo, his time been over :type:

im a junior fan and agree that he hasnt been the same since twilo but the 2times ive managed to catch him at discotheque were amazing.I think a lot of junior bashing from this board is cause he caters to a gaycrowd. Im a straight guy and i know a few straight junior fans so dont be scared to go and see junior.

I never heard Junior live, but his mixing on his KTU show is really bad. It seems like he doesn't even care. If a mix is off, he just leaves it. Most dj's at least try to fix a mix when it's off. Johnathan Peters at this point in time is way better than Junior Vazquez. The only bad thing about Jonathan Peters is that he will throw in a cheesey song once in a while, but his mixing is definately really good on most nights. He's very creative. The Sound Factory Sunday morning/ afternoon was the best place to be. Not to many guidos either. The crowd was'nt that bad. Regardless you can't really blame the dj too much for the crowd. Look at DT he speaks out against drugs all the time, and his crowd is just as drugged up. I think Jonathan Peters is going to do a really good job. I'm looking foward to hearing him.

He's very creative.

How is looping a track for 45 minutes in any way, shape or form creative? Watch Carl Cox spin with 5 decks, now THAT is creative. His mixing skills are absolute garbage. And most of the crowd is either too dumb or too fucked up to realize that or what else is going on for that matter. Classic example, when JP played in the Hamptons last year, he showed up late. The club put on one of his Sound Factory CDs until he arrived. Most of the idiots in the crowd didn't even have a clue it was a full CD playing for 2 hours and were shouting Johhnnnnnnnyyyyy as if he were in the booth. LOL

The Sound Factory Sunday morning/ afternoon was the best place to be.

It WAS good about 4-5 years ago.

Not to many guidos either. The crowd was'nt that bad.

Not too many Guidos? You've GOT to be kidding me. :laugh: And the crowd the last few years was horrible. It was kids that were to get fucked up. Very few gave a damn about the music. Very few could care less if JP played Going Through It or Silence over Lethal Industry all the fuckin time for the billionth time

Regardless you can't really blame the dj too much for the crowd. Look at DT he speaks out against drugs all the time, and his crowd is just as drugged up. .

He's not totally responsible, but being a meth-head, he sets the tone of the party and sets the example for everyone else. It's no secret JP gets seriously fucked up, even while on the decks. I'm sure he's chilled out some since the crackdown at Factory, but he's had a history of getting wacked. And more importantly, it doesn't matter if he's not responsible for the crowd, because these degenerates will follow him everywhere, putting heat on any club he has a residency at. Have a few overdoses or a few people busted at Spirit for selling, and the NYPD will be all over that place till it's padlocked.

Oh and Erkinie2, how fuckin old are you? You sound like you're 17 and just started clubbing this year. It's ok to be an amateur, we all were at one time. Just don't sound like an idiot in the process, which you seem to do on a repeated basis.

JP #1 DJ!!! :peeleft::laugh:

Thanks.

... Classic example, when JP played in the Hamptons last year, he showed up late. The club put on one of his Sound Factory CDs until he arrived. Most of the idiots in the crowd didn't even have a clue it was a full CD playing for 2 hours and were shouting Johhnnnnnnnyyyyy as if he were in the booth. LOL...

:whoa: That is hysterical...did that really happen?

I never heard Junior live, but his mixing on his KTU show is really bad. It seems like he doesn't even care. If a mix is off, he just leaves it. Most dj's at least try to fix a mix when it's off. Johnathan Peters at this point in time is way better than Junior Vazquez. The only bad thing about Jonathan Peters is that he will throw in a cheesey song once in a while, but his mixing is definately really good on most nights. He's very creative. The Sound Factory Sunday morning/ afternoon was the best place to be. Not to many guidos either. The crowd was'nt that bad. Regardless you can't really blame the dj too much for the crowd. Look at DT he speaks out against drugs all the time, and his crowd is just as drugged up. I think Jonathan Peters is going to do a really good job. I'm looking foward to hearing him.

ur insane. the ktu show he does is the only thing worth listening to on the god foresaken station..for fucks sake he mixed in nirvanas smells like teen spirit into a set flawwwwwwwwwlessly!!...ive finally had the pleasure of hearin junior live..and i gota give stuuuuupid props to the man.

as for JP..im not goin down that road...theres a reason the drug crowd follows him everywhere

Seriously Jp is a sickkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk DJ .... pots and pans are you fucin kidding me I heard the ebst vocals of my life from JP. and afetrhours is the problem... and he ahsn't ruined shyt . Sf closed down it was opened 7 yrs..... all clubs eventually close... don't blame him... no other dj can destrot a song liek hima nd make it still sound fucin insane. He has skills he's what nyc is about. You want to hear commerial kt shyt go tot he shore and shut ur mouth and let JP be . Spirt will be sick with him its the origial factory..... and if you don't liek him don't come and stop being so negative and give the man a chance... He's been around so long for a reason!!!

"now he spins pots and pans."

saw him at merge , tavren and black a few timessss recently..... not pots and pans know what ur talking about before u open ur mouth..... he still aplys sick vocals, music that blows me away in away no other dj can adn guess what I was sober... so enough with this all jp fans are drug addict shyt please....

so enough with this all jp fans are drug addict shyt please....

Most are also dyslexic/illiterate, as your two posts demonstrate and posters on JP's board demonstrate on a daily basis. English next time. :aright:

..for fucks sake he mixed in nirvanas smells like teen spirit into a set flawwwwwwwwwlessly!!...ive finally had the pleasure of hearin junior live..and i gota give stuuuuupid props to the man. ...

I loved that!!! Teen spirit is def one of my favs.

And as far as live...JR will have you tearing up the dancefloor! :bounce:

"Most are also dyslexic/illiterate, as your two posts demonstrate and posters on JP's board demonstrate on a daily basis. English next time. "

You should really know what your talking about... sweetheart. Because everyone on here are perfect typers right? and that's the only thing you can say lol pathetic!!! it's like 5th grade bs. If you don't like JP don't go and don't be ignorant... and I am anything but dyslexic hun lol I'm in NYU medical school right now not bad for a JP crackhead fan I guess!!!. What the fuc are you doing with your life that gives you the right to put other's down? Going on message boards and being negative ? good for you!

"Most are also dyslexic/illiterate, as your two posts demonstrate and posters on JP's board demonstrate on a daily basis. English next time. "

You should really know what your talking about... sweetheart. Because everyone on here are perfect typers right? and that's the only thing you can say lol pathetic!!! it's like 5th grade bs. If you don't like JP don't go and don't be ignorant... and I am anything but dyslexic hun lol I'm in NYU medical school right now not bad for a JP crackhead fan I guess!!!. What the fuc are you doing with your life that gives you the right to put other's down? Going on message boards and being negative ? good for you!

I went to a top tier grad school and I make well over six figures pookie, and have for several years. But this isn't a pissing contest. I don't give a fuck if you went to Oxford, then got your master's at Harvard, then got your MBA at Wharton, then got your medical degree at the Mayo Clinic. You still sound like a fuckin dope. But I did notice that your spelling and grammar improved slightly in your last post. Keep that up. :beer:

I don't think it's fair for someone to say that he's "fucking horrible" that is just as ridiculous as saying he is the greatest.

He draws a certain crowd, no question, but it's not as if the crowds at PVD shows or S&D shows aren't soaked in chemicals...it's just that his crowd is not an E crowd anymore and shit got ugly...

Junior is the godfather of NYC house music, but hes history books now and u know it, hes not even selling out discotheque on fri's and that place is the size of my room, and hes not the same junior he was@ Twilo, his time been over :type:

you need to go again... cause the times I have been there it has been packed.........

I actually like the smaller venue... it is a more personal experience.....

and his music and style is still uncomparable.... LEARN! Tenaglia is the only other NYC DJ that gives JV a run for his money.....

There are other deeep house DJ's that are insane also but its a different genre of HOUSE!!!!!

im a junior fan and agree that he hasnt been the same since twilo but the 2times ive managed to catch him at discotheque were amazing.I think a lot of junior bashing from this board is cause he caters to a gaycrowd. Im a straight guy and i know a few straight junior fans so dont be scared to go and see junior.

whats up silverbull we met at the LLV appearance at Virgin mega at union square..

I have to agree with you as a straight JV fan I dont know what or how I would have approached djing if I had not experienced JV for sooo many years....

Its better to keep the scared homophobes away from this party.....

you need to go again... cause the times I have been there it has been packed.........

I actually like the smaller venue... it is a more personal experience.....

and his music and style is still uncomparable.... LEARN! Tenaglia is the only other NYC DJ that gives JV a run for his money.....

There are other deeep house DJ's that are insane also but its a different genre of HOUSE!!!!!

Junior post twilo is a whole diff sound then Junior now`, teh fact is that he went from packing out SF/ tunnel/ twilo/ ministry of sound etc to not even packing out discotheque on a fri night. If u want to see disco packed go on a night Morillo is there. Junior had his run, but his time been over, thats y hes on KTU now.