Clubplanet Nightlife Community

school ties...

lets say someone was in your homeroom or in a class with you... but you were never friends with them or just one of those ppl you gave the gratuitous "head knod" to as you passed them in the hallway... why is it that years and years after school when you bump into this person they feel the need to "Catch Up..." lmao... you never really spoke to the person then, what is there to catch up on now~!? i dont get it...

lets say someone was in your homeroom or in a class with you... but you were never friends with them or just one of those ppl you gave the gratuitous "head knod" to as you passed them in the hallway... why is it that years and years after school when you bump into this person they feel the need to "Catch Up..." lmao... you never really spoke to the person then, what is there to catch up on now~!? i dont get it...

is that worse than when you see people like that, or at least acquaintances from school, and you both look at each other, but still pretend like you have no idea who they are. i always find that weird...

I hide from people like that. Since I'm so observant, and always looking around and what not... I usually spot them first and run away.

At this point, I don't even feel the need for a "head knod".

I look at it from this angle.

If the person was shy, they might just be trying to start conversation.

I could see how, even thou neither of you spoke to each other, there was a non-verbal "aknnowledgment" of each respective existence.

That may not be enough to start a convo, but at least it's something :half:

Some girl I went to HS with who I NEVER talked to wound up being my roomate in college....To both of our surprise...we got along great while we were there & are still good friends

I guess if I saw someone from my my old school I'd stop & say hello....People change anyway...It's not like you didn't talk to certain people b/c you didn't like them...you just didn't know them

its weird bc yesterday i saw some kid that went to my high school (a few years ahead of me....but we partied w/the same people) on the beach...i avoided eye contact! i so wasn't in the mood for one of those superficial conversations.....

:hat:

lol yeah same thing with this kid i bumped into... he was friends with my gf at the time, but he and i never hung out or anything really... but he felt the need to talk to me and go through the usual twenty questions... i swear one day i just going to make shit up... "how have you been, what are you doing now, you still dating~!? etc..." and ill reply: "awesome, things couldnt be better... im a ninja now, yeah a ninja business is really picking up now... i just got married to her, yeah but we divorced a few days later we were piss drunk and high on coke when we tied the knot in belize..."

..i always talk about this....especially when out somewhere low key....local....it's BOUND to happen.......i got cornered once....in a bathroom.....by a girl who myself and ALL my friends..and well everyone hated....it even actually came to blows once...

..and she was all...OH MY GOD....how are u ...i hear u do hair now..blah blah......

..i just looked at my friend...looked at her and lost it.........are u kidding....if u wanna be mature and say HELLO....but i kicked your ass! lol....don't pretend we are pals.....

yeah, it's one thing if they're acting like they know you and corner you and talk your ear off

but it's another thing if they're just being nice and considerate and want to shoot the breeze... I dunno, im an open type, so ill shoot the shit

And School Ties with Brendan Frasier was a good flick :aright:

i didnt talk to ppl when i was in high school and i still dont...

btw what is with your avatar???

oh man i always get those two ass clowns mixed up... sean astin and chris odonnell... but whatever... the movie the other was in was toy solidiers~!?

Hahaha

you mean Brendan Frasier = school ties/encino man

Sean Asstin= the goonies/rudy/sam gamgee

chris o'donnel = must be rosie o'donnel's relative, cuz both are gay and not going anywhere

:aright: