Clubplanet Nightlife Community

an hour of cardio before each lifting session..

Negative...................this is the opposite of what you should do.

The first thing your muscles will go after for energy is your glycogen stores (sugars in your muscle). If you do cardio first you will have depleted your muscles of glycogen and have no strength left for lifting.

Lift first, deplete your glycogen stores that way, then go do cardio. Now that your muscles have been depleted of sugar from lifting 1st, your body will be more likely to use your fat stores for energy during cardio since it has no sugars to use.

The first thing your muscles will go after for energy is your glycogen stores (sugars in your muscle). If you do cardio first you will have depleted your muscles of glycogen and have no strength left for lifting.

Lift first, deplete your glycogen stores that way, then go do cardio. Now that your muscles have been depleted of sugar from lifting 1st, your body will be more likely to use your fat stores for energy during cardio since it has no sugars to use.

Exactly!

If you do a 5-10 minute light warmup of cardio before your workouts, you'll be fine though. Its actually better to have some sort of warmup and stretching period before you lift.

cardio after a workout ALWAYS

Guest brwneydtrouble

Bingo. Thats what I was told too, and it makes sense. I do 45 min, keeping my heart rate around 125. What are your thoughts on heart rate/speed etc for best results? I see people on the treadmill jogging or running but I know that my heart rate would be through the roof if thats what I did. I do a pretty brisk walk, set the machine to 3.0 with 1.0 incline and that keeps my heart rate steady at about 125.

Exactly!

If you do a 5-10 minute light warmup of cardio before your workouts, you'll be fine though. Its actually better to have some sort of warmup and stretching period before you lift.

cardio after a workout ALWAYS

agreed