Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Fahrenheit 911

kiddskydrol

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

oddly enough, one would have a good case in defining Moore as a " propoganda idiot who takes advantage of peoples fears and misunderstandings"

and hes making a shitload of money from it....something to think about.

maybe , but nothing compared to the Garbage you see on a Daily basis from much of our media outlets in this country . . . People seem not to have peripheral vision in this country , kinda reminds me of the horse cariage in Central park .

Michael Moore is not my cup'o tea...his editing style is overrated, all this shooting at the screen to make it "more documentary style" all the use of newspapers clippings...ughhh!!! seriously, his technique is coffee-shop film-making 101...all his movies are like long trailers...meant to keep you on the edge of your seat...and of course leave the theatre hating whoever he targeted.

Michael%20Moore.jpg

Yo, Michael Moore take those two fat fingers you hold up faking your love for peace and stick'em up your 3-whopper-eating fat ass!!!

Believe me, Tony, I'd rather not have the need for a weapon, but in today's society, it is the unarmed person that has the most to worry about. I think guns are cool from a scientific/geek perspective, not from a "oh let's whack someone" perspective, even though some people have it coming to them.

no issues here with ones right to bear arms. however, when it is more difficult to get a drivers license(lol except in florida :D) ; then a gun license we have issues. guns in the hands of poorly trained individuals; is as dangerous as unlicensed drivers getting behind the wheel of a car. both are potentially deadly combinations; which can affect innocent people.

And that is why I advocate screening and classes for firearm purchase. I don't think (in peacetime anyway...if things go south and the government establishes martial law, go get a gun now by any means necessary!) that guns should be just sold over the counter at Wal-Mart. As for the classes, most ranges offer gun safety and handling classes.

theres alot of arguing here which is great....cuz it opens peoples heads to whats going on out there from different peoples points of view!!!!!!!!!!!!

micheal moore is a slob, but hes got good story telling ability....hes got points of views that we all dont agree with, and some that we do....but u could say that about every other human on this planet.....u will never agree with anybody else wholeheartedly!!!!!!!!!! watch both films!!!!!!!!! pick them aprt, and keep the discussion going....but the problem that is lacking here is that nobody wants to try to understand the opposing points of view....which if u really look at it nobody here is wrong!!!!!!!!!! but alot of people like to look down on thers just cuz they think differently....this country is fundamentally ripping itself apart.......but the dynasty has to end sometime!!!!!!!!!! we cant be a world powr forever....could this be the begining of the downfall of what has been the greatest empire, dynasty, power, ever!!!!!!!!!!! and if it is it wont happen overnight........there need to be a revolution of thinking and tolerance, and with this i will end my babble.....cuz most of u probably dont care anyways!!!!!!!!!!! but ill party with any of u anyday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cuz all i really care about is good times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

the screening process for hand gun licenses is minimal

there's no such thing as a "handgun license" in the state of florida.

the screening process for a handgun purchase is: go to a federally-licensed firearms dealer, fill out some paperwork, present a valid form of picture identification, have your name run through ncic (background check), and wait for 24 hours.

the screening process for a concealed weapon permit is: fill out more paperwork, "demonstrate competency with a firearm," get fingerprinted at the local police department or sherrif's office, submit any needed court documents, submit a passport-type photo, have your application notarized, pay the $117 fee, and then wait 90 days for processing.

Exactly. I'm not suggesting everyone pick up a gun...yet. But it is nice to have the option of a very effective personal security system.

Most of all, get educated if you do purchase one. Don't go off and get a .45 and think you're in a John Woo film.

Exactly. I'm not suggesting everyone pick up a gun...yet. But it is nice to have the option of a very effective personal security system.

Most of all, get educated if you do purchase one. Don't go off and get a .45 and think you're in a John Woo film.

The problem is some DON'T get educated, and that's when the problems arise...

there's no such thing as a "handgun license" in the state of florida.

the screening process for a handgun purchase is: go to a federally-licensed firearms dealer, fill out some paperwork, present a valid form of picture identification, have your name run through ncic (background check), and wait for 24 hours.

the screening process for a concealed weapon permit is: fill out more paperwork, "demonstrate competency with a firearm," get fingerprinted at the local police department or sherrif's office, submit any needed court documents, submit a passport-type photo, have your application notarized, pay the $117 fee, and then wait 90 days for processing.

I then stand corrected. the fact that there is no required safety training is even more frightening. dade county actually has one the most aggressive gun policies in the state. it takes the states 3 day waiting period (for background checks, etc) and extends it to 5 . further requiring background checks and waiting periods on the sale of ALL firearms; including those sold at those infamous gun shows.

oh my, i really hope no one out there thinks of moore as an objective observer!!!!!! a post pod made a few pages back made me wonder how anyone out there could actually consider moore to be objective!?!?! moore represents one side of an argument. i see him like a lawyer (just go with me on this court analogy, ok?)- he is vehemently fighting for HIS side, and like all lawyers, at times he gets a bit ruthless. he has to make his presentation as strong and compelling as possible because it's his one shot at convincing others that his side is in the right. and i can guarantee you that the other side's argument will be delivered just as unobjectively and ruthlessly as moore's. the public is like the jury here, and though we will never all agree enough to reach a conclusive verdict, we are each entitled to form our own opinions on the matter!!! the real problem comes when people form an opinion based on seeing only one side of the argument. that's not moore's fault though. it's up to the individual to be skeptical and to investigate the opposing sides of an issue before buying into either. :)