Clubplanet Nightlife Community

George Alvarado/one of miami's originators

drsatan

because he never toots his own horn, I figured I would give a shout out to one of Miami's true underground electronic dance music originators, George Alvarado.

George is one of the guys that is partly responsible for the birth of the entire scene here. In fact, George gave a few of Miami's "superstar" DJs thier first big break (and they oddly never mention it) He always has supportive words for all the up and coming DJs and never has anything bad to say about anyone.

RECOGNIZE!

Your right about that, Its unfortunate that he no longer works for Party 93.1 as he had one of the best live mixes shows on the radio every saturday nights, I've always enjoyed his sets even durring the late 90s on the radio, He can spin from Techno, Progressive House, Or Trance.

What happen to George Alvarado?

Nothing happened dude, I was just saying how he used to do live mix shows on the radio, He first started out mixing for Power 96 durring the late 90s, And then he moved to part 93.1 and started doing his show there.

Nothing happened dude, I was just saying how he used to do live mix shows on the radio, He first started out mixing for Power 96 durring the late 90s, And then he moved to part 93.1 and started doing his show there.

You said he doesn't work for 93.1 anymore...why? What happen? That's what I meant when I said what happen to him...

Joey Beltram - Energy Flash EP [R&S Records]

A Guy Called Gerald & Carl Craig - FX [Columbia Recordings]

Second Phase - Mentasm [R&S Records]

The Beloved - The Sun Rising (Norty/Zanzibar remixes) [Atlantic Records]

808 State - Pacific [Tommy Boy]

Inner City - Good Life [Virgin Records]

SoHo - Ride (Moby remixes) [Atco]

thank you George :)

i have to give george props as well.. if you guys remember long enough.. you should know that george is one of the 1st to start playing live sets on the radio in the "late night laboratory" not on 93.1 but on "power 96" before it went to shit in the late 90's !! i still have a few of his mixes somewhere.. and in my opinion IS a great dj .. could mix any type of music really well . but most of all he helped start opening alot of peoples ears to electronic music !! i have much respect for the guy and see him every once in awhile in his store on bird rd !! "BIG PROPS TO GEORGE" !! :bowdown::rock::aright::clap2:

yes,,, all this is true! definitely... i remmeber in 1998 / 2000 i'd listen to power 96 just to get my trance fix he he he.

musicworld, his record store is great too !!!

xxx arturo

i used to go there every weekend and hang out for hours and listen to music !! he even let me have the shadow lounge 2nd year anniversarry double cd's that were by - george acosta and the second by dj taucher !! really kool guy as well !!

Indeed. I will always remember George Alvarado, as he was the one who brought to my ears the latest and best introduction to the elctronic dance music ( majorly trance in the time.. that was 1999) during the Late Night LAboratory. I remember staying up until 1-2 AM just to listen to that show on Power 96. George Alvarado was definetly one of the main players who opened up the ears to South Florida audience.

George Alvarado...he is a tru pioneer of the Miami electronic dance scene..not only that...but the man is down to earth ...cool guy!!

Mad respects George ...thanks for being so cool with me always ..n supporting the new local djs out there...

If you down with Mr. Alvarado..than go support his record shop..If u need some tunes...and don't want to travel to the beach..then go check him out..

class act....always helpful when i go to his record store...always remembers what kind style of music u like (for vinyl) and always has recommendations ready for ya...down to earth and just a nice guy....MAD props to George Alvarado...

ps

get rid of the Hip Hop section George!!! its getting TOO big..:tongue:

Alavarado is one of the Easiest guys to work with as well as being a true Miami Pioneer.....

He showed me much respect even before he found out my ties to the industry... which earned the biggest props in my book..

Ironically most of the DJs who are building up the scene are rarely exposed to it or acknowledged by it...

…. Haven't heard from him in a while but i'm sure he's still meticulously working on something good!

Awesome Post Dr.S ..... :type: We need to have an underdog thread like this monthly…..