Clubplanet Nightlife Community

FAO Miami People / Danilo Vilgorito Review

rcrespo

where the fuck were you last night? You can dish out whatever money to see Tiesto, but someone like Danilo Vilgorito comes into town and the fuckin place is half empty at 3am? The man played an amazing set of techno and he covered all the bases minimal , glitch , techysleazy , hard whatever the hell you wanna call it we were even treated to a healthy dose of acid towards the end. To privilege I thank you for bringin down a talent like Danilo. It gives me hope in this city. Its a shame that peopele are not more open here, but anyway I'm tired of wasting my breath. It was good to see Nelson (DJ Nova) and Eric and Armando supporting and I was completely loosing my mind yesterday and I had a flashback as if I was in detroit. The music was fucking amazing. If this party wouldve been in Detroit it wouldve been slammed, but no this is Miami .. people get a fuckin clue open your minds. :)

To you trainspotters .. I didnt recognize a single track except for Mathew Jonson's Typerope.

This has been a public service announcement by the minimal nation.

PS: For those of you asking for Richie Hawtin to play here its not gonna happen if we continue to have nights like yesterday. It seems I have to get on another fuckin plane to see Hawtin play.

oops I forgot to add It was great to see Pete there as well with his 'Techno Inside' shirt. :)

Techno tshirts were definitely the fashion statement last night. I had my Plastikman and Nelson had his 'I REP Detroit Techno' *SCAN 7* and Pete with his shirt. :)

Maybe I need to print up some 'MinimalimiaM' shirts? :)

I have to agree, he was great, some really interesting mind expanding kind of tracks there

on the other hand you can complain about the crowds all you want, but the fact is his set was a bit too abstract for people here, there was a nice crowd on the floor when I got there, and I think he could have kept them if he had taken it easier and played a bit more on the funky side...

don't get me wrong, he's an extremely talented DJ and producer, I definitely enjoyed his set, even though I wasn't quite in the mood for Techno last night, he had me moving a couple of times, but just like Beto Cerruti, who is also extremely talented, and gets all of my respect in that department, he just didn't know how to entertain the local masses

like I wrote before, the TRUE techno fans were there, people who claim to love Techno also have to realize that if Privilege brings in a big name Techno DJ for their Saturday, I love Techno party, then it's going to be good, don't doubt if for a second, even if you've never heard of Danilo Vigorito, trust the fact that these guys at Privilege know good Techno and you won't be dissapointed.... just because you've never heard him, or any mix CD's from him, you don't have worry that you're not going to like his style, I realize people get worried about wasting a Saturday night on something they're not sure about.... but in this case you have to trust the venue, they won't steer you wrong

that said, all I have to add is that although I'm not nearly as experienced as these guys they bring into Privilege, I live here and I know what people want to hear, and I know I could do a much better job of entertaining the crowd then 9 out of 10 Techno DJ's that have played at Privilege, maybe you think I'm a dick tooting my own horn or whatever... I'm just telling it like it is, and if you disagree then you're wrong, period... I cant' pack the house, I'm not a promoter, I don't have a following, but if you get the people, I'll make them stay and dance, blah blah blah, I'm getting sick and tired of having to tell this to people who don't want to listen, but I'll keep saying it until I get a break around here, or somewhere, so get used to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:splat:

yep! i have been telling this you all along Ramon

people in Miami rather pay $40 to see a cheesy trance "nameless" dj than go see someone different and hear other genres....

Yeah its a shame. It seems another trip to Detroit is in order.

Just curious, where was the promotion besides posting on CJ/CP and throwing around a few flyers? Yeah, sure, we knew about it, but they've got to spend money to make money.

Yes. I even heard Radio promotion 93.1 while stopping for a slice of pizza.

As I said before the music was great those missed out fuckin missed out. If you liked the stuff domingo used to play at Jazid that clickityboombeep bleeps stuff or Dennis and Domingo's set at Flip's it was like that , but with more acid. :)

Yes. I even heard Radio promotion 93.1 while stopping for a slice of pizza.

As I said before the music was great those missed out fuckin missed out. If you liked the stuff domingo used to play at Jazid that clickityboombeep bleeps stuff or Dennis and Domingo's set at Flip's it was like that , but with more acid. :)

there are only a handful of people around here who get into that clicky, bleepy, glitchy kind of stuff.... it's over rated if you ask me

AWESOME Night ............... Vigiritto is the man.... Nice guy toooo, Asked him if he was gonna play hard stuff and he said (Nope) Gonna open with some minimal.... Then asked him to Play (Fill Me with Acid) BTW Wink Patio Space Noon, Its gonna Fill Space with Acid...... Vigiritto droped it second song in and fucked with it, so cool.

The crowd early on was great but not enough people knew what Vigiritto was playing to enjoy it....

Domingo Played a nice opening.....

where the fuck were you last night? You can dish out whatever money to see Tiesto, but someone like Danilo Vilgorito comes into town and the fuckin place is half empty at 3am? The man played an amazing set of techno and he covered all the bases minimal , glitch , techysleazy , hard whatever the hell you wanna call it we were even treated to a healthy dose of acid towards the end. To privilege I thank you for bringin down a talent like Danilo. It gives me hope in this city. Its a shame that peopele are not more open here, but anyway I'm tired of wasting my breath. It was good to see Nelson (DJ Nova) and Eric and Armando supporting and I was completely loosing my mind yesterday and I had a flashback as if I was in detroit. The music was fucking amazing. If this party wouldve been in Detroit it wouldve been slammed, but no this is Miami .. people get a fuckin clue open your minds. :)

To you trainspotters .. I didnt recognize a single track except for Mathew Jonson's Typerope.

This has been a public service announcement by the minimal nation.

PS: For those of you asking for Richie Hawtin to play here its not gonna happen if we continue to have nights like yesterday. It seems I have to get on another fuckin plane to see Hawtin play.

honestly ramon i didnt even hear about this dude :confused: id of gone if id know about it ! especially if bingo was opening :confused:

i like minimal but only 4 a little while... i enjoy the harder stuff myself.. but like the minimal stuff as well , just not as much... but i can def listen to bingo all night long ..and if its him with dennis :aright:

yep! i have been telling this you all along Ramon

people in Miami rather pay $40 to see a cheesy trance "nameless" dj than go see someone different and hear other genres....

you need to stop being a shit talking little bitch and keep your hatin ass comments to yourself !! and go hang out on cj with saleen ... you 2 together should be great ! thank you and have a nice day ! :)

Interesting. Take a look at the flyer:

Where does it say anything about Domingo? If you guys had mentioned that, I might have stopped by.

Different domingo although I think it would be very cool to see Domingo open up for a Techno DJ ;)

:type:

PS: You guys think I wouldn't have mentioned that bingo was playing at Privilege? :)

you need to stop being a shit talking little bitch and keep your hatin ass comments to yourself !! and go hang out on cj with saleen ... you 2 together should be great ! thank you and have a nice day ! :)

i can say whatver the hell i want you wanker! obviously you got up on the wrong side of bed .........

see how tough it is down there.

only the commercial formula seems to work. open up a club, buy the top 100 dj mag and just book numbers 1 thru 10 and you've got yourself a packed club.

the problem is that everybody sees it just like you, it either has be totally abstract and underground, or completely cheesy and commercial

what about the middle ground, that's where I'm at, and a lot of people are ready for it too

so do something about it. start your own night. don't wait around for someone to start it for you or wait until the next big break for a local up and commmer. u have to go out and get yours kid!

been there done that .. it not as easy as you think.

so do something about it. start your own night. don't wait around for someone to start it for you or wait until the next big break for a local up and commmer. u have to go out and get yours kid!

I'm always looking for opportunities, and playing parties and one-off's and anything that might expose me to the right people who can help me take it to the next level, I even wrote an email to those guys at Privilege telling them they need to get me in the main room, they probably think I'm nuts by now but anyway I'm trying a lot of different avenues all the time, I'm even setting up gigs out of town, but I can only do what I can do, I'm not a socialite, I can't just blow into some club and expect a ton of people to show up just because they want to be my friends, I've got to expose myself for my musical taste and style, and that takes time, but like I said I'm on it ;)