Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Jose Contreras...

i hope not

It has to be hard having all that money traveling around america while your family lives in a one room house on a communist island.

Then again maybe having his family here will distract him even more.

i hope not

It has to be hard having all that money traveling around america while your family lives in a one room house on a communist island.

Then again maybe having his family here will distract him even more.

I guess time will tell....

Does anyone think Jose Contreras will become a more focused pitcher now that his family is with him again. Do any of you think his family being left behind had any effect on his game...

Speak your mind...

Allow me to chime in :)

Contreras is a phony !!! This dude had some awesome stuff last year. He played good even with his family still in Cuba..if anything, it bothered him more coz it was fresher in his mind than this year. He certainly didnt have a problem pitching a 1 hitter againt the miserable Detroit Tigers. Now he's lost his control at the plate.... him and his fragile ego (Benitez...anyone?) lol. Mark my words, so long as he lets the pitch count get away, he'll always be lit up. Even now his wife is here, all that pussy he's gonna get daily will fuck his concentration. Get ready to ship his ass out. :)

You know what Scott.. I was about to start a thread myself about the guy.. who cares what he should have been, should be, or will be as far as pitching is concerned.. right now, all I wish him is the best, and I hope a lot of his family concerns are at ease.. it's a wonderful story, no matter who you're rooting for or whether you like the guy or not. I'm really happy for him and his family, and even if he doesn't become the pitcher that all the Yankees fans hope he becomes, I'm happy for him because in the end, your wonderful wife and your two beautiful daughters are ten times more important than an ERA and a winning record could ever be. :)

You know what Scott.. I was about to start a thread myself about the guy.. who cares what he should have been, should be, or will be as far as pitching is concerned.. right now, all I wish him is the best, and I hope a lot of his family concerns are at ease.. it's a wonderful story, no matter who you're rooting for or whether you like the guy or not. I'm really happy for him and his family, and even if he doesn't become the pitcher that all the Yankees fans hope he becomes, I'm happy for him because in the end, your wonderful wife and your two beautiful daughters are ten times more important than an ERA and a winning record could ever be. :)

I hear where you are coming from... I just hope that his head stays in the game and does not get all side tracked. I hope him being re-united with his family will put his head back in the game and not take it out of the game.

Not for nothing, its a feel good story for all concerned. But lets backtrack for a second here and leave the fans and players out of this for a sec. Lets put the real player on the burner-georgieboy

From when contreras went down to Fl to see his family, even the story being a big international saga, the yamkees only issued a "statement" saying he was down there taking care of something. You would think georgieboy would come out and say something (his employee no less) to offer some support.....NADA !! This dude issues a personal press release when Henry throws him a curveball, but cant come out in support for his high priced player. I'll bet you, he's already told Cashman "he's got his family now, this mofo better start winning some games around here or else...."

...and besides, the yamkees wanna buy..ummm er i mean win a championship ASAP. Its a bizness, so to speak. :)

You could tell that his family situation affected him on the mound. Most people have a family or friends to console them when they have a bad day. All he had were the 4 walls of his apartment. I would have to guess he'd be at least a little more comfortable on the mound now that his family is with him. That being said it's put up or shut up time for Contreras. Now he has to go out there and perform like he's capable of. There are no more excuses. He certainly has the kind of stuff needed to suceed so we'll see what happens...

You could tell that his family situation affected him on the mound. Most people have a family or friends to console them when they have a bad day. All he had were the 4 walls of his apartment. I would have to guess he'd be at least a little more comfortable on the mound now that his family is with him. That being said it's put up or shut up time for Contreras. Now he has to go out there and perform like he's capable of. There are no more excuses. He certainly has the kind of stuff needed to suceed so we'll see what happens...

For some reason, i think he will be under more pressure than b4. Guy is backed into a corner, lets see how he claws out. But like i said, the guy was good b4, no excuses, time to step up.

For some reason, i think he will be under more pressure than b4. Guy is backed into a corner, lets see how he claws out. But like i said, the guy was good b4, no excuses, time to step up.

I think it will be a different kind of pressure now. Before it was a lot of internal pressure. Between him trying to justify his contract and dealing with not having his family around, pitching was his only outlet and he went out on the mound with a clouded mind and couldn't focus. While the fans & media have ripped him on occasion, for the most part he's been given a free pass. Now all the pressure will come from the fans & media. The biggest obstacle (so he says) for him to succeed has been removed. Now he has to take the ball and run with it.

Can't complain about his performance today. Four walks is a little high but other than that he was very good. He also catches a break by not having to face the Sox this week. Instead he gets to face the Mets in pitcher friendly Shea Stadium...

Can't complain about his performance today. Four walks is a little high but other than that he was very good. He also catches a break by not having to face the Sox this week. Instead he gets to face the Mets in pitcher friendly Shea Stadium...

Yeah 4 walks is a little high... But 10 K's is great! He was on his game today. Like I said he got into a little bit of trouble here and there. But worked out of it very well.

Lets just see if this was a single good outing. Or if things are gonna change for good.