Clubplanet Nightlife Community

PAUL OAKENFOLD & HERNAN CATTANEO - AVALON FRI JULY 2ND

Nah, he'll play 56 mins. 46 of which will be with him in the god position. 8 minutes of pretend mixing and 2 minutes looking like he's turning some mixer knobs. If we all get lucky, he may do a 5 minute encore where he stands in the god position once again, for 5 minutes.

Damn, lots of hate towads Oakie on this forum. Ok, so maybe he won't play any marathon sets, but I still respect all that he's done for EDM in the way of producing/remixing and that he generally plays a good selection of tracks when he's live.

When Tiesto played @ Avalon, his set was pretty short, but everyone still loves the guy....

to all the people who are hating on oakenfold just give it up... he's gonna spin a three hour set just like every other dj at avalon.. if you're not gonna give up the hating then atleast come up with some new shit... c'mon... ohhh he's gonna stand in the god position and turn some knobs... :jerkoff::blah::blah::blah:

i've seen only seen him 2 or 3 times within the last few years and i definitely wasnt disappointed... i'll most likely be attending this event, depending on if my flight gets in on time

to all the people who are hating on oakenfold just give it up... he's gonna spin a three hour set just like every other dj at avalon.. if you're not gonna give up the hating then atleast come up with some new shit... c'mon... ohhh he's gonna stand in the god position and turn some knobs... :jerkoff::blah::blah::blah:

i've seen only seen him 2 or 3 times within the last few years and i definitely wasnt disappointed... i'll most likely be attending this event, depending on if my flight gets in on time

last time when he was at Avalon, he did 2 hours set! :yuck:

Keep ridin his cock my man. Whatever floats your boat. Have fun.

ill be the first one to give the guy respect no doubt but he is not the same guy he was 4, 5 years ago. that guy was a dj - i dont even know wtf he has turned into now but its def far from what he used to be. im not gonna hate im just sayin if you havent seen him recently then your prolly in for a surprise.

Ive kept up with Oakey since 1997, seen him out many many times across the world.

His 2004 set WILL surprise you-- he plays a lot of white label progressive tunes. These tracks will blow you away. he also puills out a few trancey tracks that are tasty, reminds you of 98/99 when he was among the best in the world.

unfortunately he also plays a few ;pop; tunes like off his crappy bunkka cd. or like coldplay or madonna or sm other commercial crap.

but basically, he will play 110 mins of great stuff. and maybe 10 mins thats not so hot.

oakey played 2 sets at centrofly in 02/03 that were 3-4 hours. they were fantastic. i dont think he'll do that again but hernan can be great & oakey is worth seing for the unreleased progg white labels he'll pull out.

reespecccttt **

ps I'll be attending derrick carter & DT this weekend, not oakey.

but I'll be back for oakey thnaksgiving eve!!!!!

Ive kept up with Oakey since 1997, seen him out many many times across the world.

His 2004 set WILL surprise you-- he plays a lot of white label progressive tunes. These tracks will blow you away. he also puills out a few trancey tracks that are tasty, reminds you of 98/99 when he was among the best in the world.

unfortunately he also plays a few ;pop; tunes like off his crappy bunkka cd. or like coldplay or madonna or sm other commercial crap.

but basically, he will play 110 mins of great stuff. and maybe 10 mins thats not so hot.

oakey played 2 sets at centrofly in 02/03 that were 3-4 hours. they were fantastic. i dont think he'll do that again but hernan can be great & oakey is worth seing for the unreleased progg white labels he'll pull out.

reespecccttt **

ps I'll be attending derrick carter & DT this weekend, not oakey.

but I'll be back for oakey thnaksgiving eve!!!!!

Now you got me thinking. You are right about some great tracks he plays. But he has definitely lost his musical uniqueness and appeal since 1999. I think the success has gone to his head and that's really what bugs me about him. I also haven't been feeling his sets over the past couple of years. His recent sets over the past 2 years at the WMC were boring and uninventive.

BUT, maybe what you say is true. Maybe he'll play something new this weekend. Maybe it'll be a great 2 hours. Who knows. His track record lately hasn't been so great. I'd be willing to give him another try. In any event, there's always Hernan =)