Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Spider Man 2

phunk303

TEEN ARRESTED FOR VIDEOTAPING SPIDERMAN 2

LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- A teenager was arrested early Wednesday in a California theater showing "Spider-Man 2" after a projectionist using night vision goggles saw him using a camcorder to make an illegal copy of the superhero sequel.

The 16-year-old could be charged under a law that went into effect January 1 and makes taking a recording device into a movie theater a crime punishable by up to one year in jail and a maximum fine of $2,500.

The Los Angeles District Attorney's office will review the case and decide whether to charge the teen, who was released to his parents' custody, said Sgt. Mel Amoroso, a spokesman at the Los Angeles Police Department's Devonshire Division.

The film industry's trade group hailed the arrest and credited its recent initiative to offer cash rewards of up to $500 to theater employees who turn in moviegoers attempting to make illicit film copies.

"In theaters nationwide, there are now thousands of eyes looking for camcording-pirates and this incident proves that pirates who use these devices in theaters will be caught," said James W. Spertus, vice president and director of antipiracy operations for the Motion Picture Association of America.

Camcorders account for 92 percent of all illegal copies of films that are sold online and on street corners worldwide, according to the MPAA.

The teen, whose identity was not released, was among the throngs of midnight movie viewers across the country who crowded theaters for the debut of the "Spider-Man" sequel.

According to the MPAA, the projectionist at the Pacific Winnetka theater in the Los Angeles suburb of Chatsworth spotted the teen using a camcorder a few minutes into the start of the film.

He and two others with him were removed from the theater and turned over to the police.

The camcorder contained a recording of the beginning of the film, the MPAA said.

ok, i will be the one to go against the grain...just saw the movie, and yes the special effects were spectacular, but wtf did you expect with today's movie- making technology? the movie itself was good, but i wouldn't care to go watch it again. i'm sure the kiddies off on summer vacation will make this one of the highest grossing films in history. on a side note, the spiderman ride at islands of adventure is the BEST ride i have eva been on.

Collecting Spidey comics as a kid was a hobby....

You have to know the story line behind it, to really get into it..

Just saw it today......Kirsten Dunst does a HELL of a job as MJ. :bowdown:

She is able to capture "that lovely girl next door" essence with the loving eyes..

Definitely better than the 1st one. :aright:

Wonder how creative they will get with Spidey 3? :pint:

Collecting Spidey comics as a kid was a hobby....

You have to know the story line behind it, to really get into it..

Just saw it today......Kirsten Dunst does a HELL of a job as MJ. :bowdown:

She is able to capture "that lovely girl next door" essence with the loving eyes..

Definitely better than the 1st one. :aright:

Wonder how creative they will get with Spidey 3? :pint:

the 3rd one could go either direction, But I hope it be about the Lizard, Since Doctor Connors was in the movie, He will eventually turn into the lizard. :)

the 3rd one could go either direction, But I hope it be about the Lizard, Since Doctor Connors was in the movie, He will eventually turn into the lizard. :)

This is true. That would be interesting see. :cool:

Did you see Stan Lee in a short cameo in the movie? :)

I think it will go in the Green Goblin's way due to the last scenes...

I wonder if they would ever bring the Sandman or Venom into this production?

THAT would be the shit! :bounce:

This is true. :what:

I wonder if they would ever bring the Sandman or Venom into this production?

THAT would be the shit! :bounce:

To do a movie about Venom, I think it would take two movies, the reason cause before Venon apeared, Spidey had the alien suit, And then later on, It gets into Eddie Brock who then becomes Venom.

To do a movie about Venom, I think it would take two movies, the reason cause before Venon apeared, Spidey had the alien suit, And then later on, It gets into Eddie Brock who then becomes Venom.

You know the story line well! :clap:

Something I noticed on the MOVIE story line:

They are fusing Gwen (Blonde) & MJ (Redhead) together as one person....

I.E: She falls off the bridge (MJ) & he saves her.

That is not the original story line.

You know the story line well! :clap:

Something I noticed on the MOVIE story line:

They are fusing Gwen (Blonde) & MJ (Redhead) together as one person....

I.E: She falls off the bridge (MJ) & he saves her.

That is not the original story line.

I used to watch the SpiderMan cartoons from the 1990s, It featured all the characters. :)

I used to watch the SpiderMan cartoons from the 1990s, It featured all the characters. :)

Well, CHEERS my brother! :beer:

I caught a few of those episodes back then myself.

I think I saw a few of them in Ebay on DVD for sale.

Let's keep our fingas crossed so that they dont step too far away from the real deal..

Toby Mcguire was an excellent choice for Parker.

If he had not shot the movie as scheduled due to his back injury,

I dont think the movie would have opened as well

as it did on the first week($45 MIL) :eek: