Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Jeter is one hell of a competitor!

That play along with every other HEads up play and never take an inning off attitude makes him great not good but great....nuff said

all you Jeter haters on the board can EAT IT

AND WHERE WAS NOMAHHHHHHHHH??????

DNP boy will be shopped around this week

must win game and Mr Mia Hamm is sittin on the bench watchin

Jeter may not be the best defensive shortstop or the best offensive shortstop, but his heart is what carries the team. This is why he is the captain and this is why he is the ss for the NY Yankees.

Jeter can't be measured in tangible things like stats. That's what people who compare him to A-Rod, Nomar, & Tejada don't understand. It's the little things that don't show up on a boxscore that makes Derek special...

Jeter is all heart PERIOD... The man loves NY and he Loves the organization he is a part of. And it shows everytime he takes the field. He hustles on every hit and every play.

He truly has played an incredible shortstop this season thus far. Yeah some errors. He is human I believe. But the one thing you can count on. His head is in the game with every pitch, every pitch count, and all situations going on. He has shown this with many amazing plays he has made over the years. It is very rare you see him make a fielding mistake as far as where to go with the ball, where to be when he is not a direct part of a play. I guess it is fundamental but I cannot remember a single mistake he has made as far as how a play is to be played. He never sits in the dugout, he is always up cheering even when they are down by 8 runs. It is heart and leadership like that which makes a team stay in a game even when everyone else thinks they dont have a chance.

Some people say over rated. You know what. Jeter playing on another team that is not always part of the spot light who knows how well known he would be. Who knows if he would be able to put up the same numbers. But you know what. NY is a tough place to play and he fits the personality and talent to play for a team that is and always will be built around superstars. It is not easy to shine on a team with 8 All-Stars and other great players. But yet he still shines...

I know I sound corny... But hey. Give props where they are due. Even if you hate a player... Or you hate the Yanks...

Congrats to Jeter on Junes Player of the Month...

Ok you clowns, reality check. Lemme break it down 4 ya.

Jeter ran into that wall and over to look good. Come to think of it... it was just an out during a regular season game. Torii Hunter makes similar or better plays in the outfield almost daily. The fucking guy played the next game too..to prove what?? and no one mentioned how he sucked at it and yamkees lost the game too. With A-Shit lurking in the shadows, this guy will trot onto the field on crutches to maintain his spot (not that he's anything special-Nomar beats him by a mile).

Like I said, Jeter sucks major ass. :)

Jeter ran into that wall and over to look good. Come to think of it... it was just an out during a regular season game. Torii Hunter makes similar or better plays in the outfield almost daily. The fucking guy played the next game too..to prove what?? and no one mentioned how he sucked at it and yamkees lost the game too. With A-Shit lurking in the shadows, this guy will trot onto the field on crutches to maintain his spot (not that he's anything special-Nomar beats him by a mile).

You are just filled with utter hatred... Gotta love it.

Just to mention... Jeter played the same baseball before A-Rod came to the Yanks... He always offered himself... No reason to argue with you here. I spoke my peace... You will always have your hatred... :blah: :blah: :blah:

6 Games up at all-star break. depending on what happens today... Heres to the second half of the season. cheers:pint:

thanks for breakin it down skippy...your babseball instincts are uncanny and coming from you that means so much.

gee i guess Pokey reese did the same thing that game...just to show off ...jeter was running full speed and caught the ball in Fair territory to save the game at that point. Gee just an out in a regular season game ..

I guess thats the difference between a gamer like Jeter and a crybaby like nomar who wouldnt play in a must win game for the Sux

stay away junior.. I have not released you yet

i will let you know when im done owning you

Jeter shouldn't have even been in the all-star game this year let alone the starter. :rolleyes:

Keep on hatin Cody ...yeah the whole world was waiting with baited breath to watch Michael Young start the game

and DJ was VOTED in thats who people wanted to see and he delivered 3 for 3

and take away his atrocious first month of the season , he def. deserve to start , he is putting up big #s including power stats this yr. and his defense has been great this yr..

yeah giambi was voted too. Jeter is good, plays a good game, does not have the stats (compared to others) but plays big as the game is big. End of story.

He is not the best in the game and if you were starting a team he would not be the #1 pick, but he has shown he plays when it counts or if his team needs him. That is why he is captain. Still not as good as oniell was(as a captain), but is coming close.

yeah giambi was voted too. Jeter is good, plays a good game, does not have the stats (compared to others) but plays big as the game is big. End of story.

He is not the best in the game and if you were starting a team he would not be the #1 pick, but he has shown he plays when it counts or if his team needs him. That is why he is captain. Still not as good as oniell was(as a captain), but is coming close.

yeh as we went over this ad nauseum in another thread , its a popularity vote simple as that

Giambi def. didnt deserve to be there he knew it , fans even booed him pretty good during announcements

Dead on about your assesment of DJ ..thats all i was trying to do pointing out another accomplishment in a BIG spot by Derek

have said it before i know he is not he greatest player to put on a uniform , but day in and day out his legend grows, the guy is a winner and his stats can compare with the best in the game

and yeah the guy is only 30 now and being named the captain adds some more pressure , but at this point guys can and do look up to him ..he aint a new jack anymore...

by the way as much as i loved Paulie O and a team leader he was ...he was never named captain

Jeter shouldn't have even been in the all-star game this year let alone the starter. :rolleyes:

How can you say that Cody... Yeah he started the season shitty. But the last 2 months he has been on FIRE.

Besides HR's and a few RBI's he has a higher average than A-ROD. He has been making some great plays this season thus far. ( Always has and will )

I am not a huge Jeter fan. But respect a man when he deserves respect. He is talented. And definately All-Star Material.

no shit paul was not a captain. That is bullshit. Then again he was not a yankee from the get-go like jeter so maybe that plays into it.

He was the man though, every time i watched him i would always wonder why the sox could not get someone like that.

no shit paul was not a captain. That is bullshit. Then again he was not a yankee from the get-go like jeter so maybe that plays into it.

He was the man though, every time i watched him i would always wonder why the sox could not get someone like that.

I hear ya ... Paul was a damn good player and might have put up hall of fame numbers if he played his whole career with NY

and when he was in Cincy, Lou Piniella wouldnt even let him bat against lefties

Yes there are better defensive shortstops and there are better offensive shortstops in the league. All things said, I'll take JETER over any other shortstop in the game TODAY. He is so clutch and he brings so much more than his skills, similar to the way teammates and fans appreciated Mark Messier. Jeter is a competitor, he'll do anything to win and he proved it again with his dive into the stands. No one makes the toss in the playoffs to get Giambi at the plate, no one. Most career postseason hits. No doubt a 1st ballot Hall of Famer.