Clubplanet Nightlife Community

flyin down from NY

reggie123

Need some help ppl...planning a trip down to FL with the gf...we need a place we can relax and justlounge all day on a nice beach..but at night we are lookin to party hard!! any suggestions..

i was thinkin of stayin in ft lauderdale and then just driving over to south beach at night...is this a good idea? not really familiar with the area down there...so was lookin for some opinions on whether this would be a worthwhile thing...

fuck staying in lauderdale!!!! i mean, sorry, but that is just pointless imo!!!! that would be a hell of a commute every night (if you rent a car, you'll have to pay out the ass for parking, the you'll be drunk and in no shape to drive; and if you take a cab you'll be wasting a lot- A LOT- of money!!!!). i say stay on sobe. depending on yer budget you may wanna stay anywhere from the damn best western to the ritz carlton. just don't stay in one of the little hotels on ocean because they are super noisy becuase of all the bars around them. south beach is a lovely place to stay, the actual beach is beautiful and a great place to enjoy a day at the beach. then you'd also have access to the nightlife of sobe all by foot or at worst, an inexpensive cab ride!!! cheerz to heading south :beer:

gosh when people come in here asking for advice i sure wish they'd tell us more about themselves (i.e. budget, etc.), it would make it a bit easier to help them!!!! ;)

thanks for the info...as for the $$ i wanna spend..im lookin to spend around 700-800 for air+hotel...i figure if we stay in sobe we wont really need a car...can i get something nice for that amount?? im also lookin to travel last week of august prob 25-29...from what i hear that is usually low season for hotels down there..

Stay in Holiday Inn South Beach Resort. It is *right* on the beach. Has its own parking garage. Has car rental onsite. Has tour operators onsite. Right at 23rd and Collins. And it has fairly reasonable rates. Of course, there are tons of other cool hotels down here, as well, so you certainly have your pick. It is the off-season, so you can get some good rates.

look online for deals. then look up the number for the place (sometimes the web sites won't have em cuz they want you to book through them instead of through the hotel) and call the hotel directly to find out about thier location and any other questions, as well as if they offer a better deal with direct booking as opposed to online booking. my fam did this when they were coming down here for my graduation :)