Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Good plan? or......

iamme

an idea ive been throwing around...

hopefully by fall of next year, i will be in grad school on my way to an MBA. been looking at the Bus. school @ univ of south carolina, which is highly ranked for international MBA's. soooooo, the difference between instate and out of state tuition is $15k/yr...:woah: i want to do full-time...i dont think i could do part-time, i would burn out.

here's what i need to do -- study for GMAT, take GMAT, apply to schools, relearn french - in that order...these are my priorities. im at job i really dont care for, despite it being a a great company, so wont really mind leaving.

the idea is to move to SCarolina now (Myrtle Beach if possible - all depends on what type of job i can find, if any) to get a head start on residency (im assuming its one yr to get in-state). ill get a job, preferrably in my field (got my Series 7 & 66) and study like hell for the GMAT while down there.

PROS - get the F*CK out of MD, live by da beach, hopefully get out of this rut, work towards residency, did i mention the beach?, and getting out of my HOUSE!!!

CONS - cant save as much (but saving $15k/yr in loans in the future is a good trade off i believe), i might not get into USC's Bus. School anyways so...

my friend will be going with me, even be thinking splitting hte cost of a house, so at LEAST we get our money back instead of renting...and houses are rather cheap there..but thats a whole different issue alltogether, and not my focus as of yet.

so what do you think?? any criticism is appreciated

go~! the money and intrest you save not having to pay back the $$$ could be more than youll save... plus it would something you might regret not doing in the long run... i had two oppurtunities which couldve changed my life for the better but both involved having to leave and i punked out and didnt take either one for a girl who i am no longer with, and the other because i was a pussy... and to this day i regret it... in any event, go for it...

when i started talking about it, it kinda "clicked" and sounded right (despite the fact that ive never been to Myrtle). i know a change is NEEDED too.

what if i dont get into USC? still worth the move? i basically would have sacrificed some monthly savings, but i should know by early next yr (i think) whether i get in or not. so...

p.s. my father told me to make some sacrifices now, even though i will be leaving some friends here, to better my future...starting to agree more and more each day

Personally, I couldn't even fathom going back to school for an MBA right now..if ever...and I certainly wouldn't debt leverage any part of my education, but I understand that that's not an option for alot of people nowadays.

I'd say move to get instate, you don't want to have that high of a debt load...

Personally, I couldn't even fathom going back to school for an MBA right now..if ever...and I certainly wouldn't debt leverage any part of my education, but I understand that that's not an option for alot of people nowadays.

why so?

I would love to go back to school and get my masters. But I am already in debt (credit card and undergrad student loans) so I just can't see getting myself into more debt, A LOT MORE DEBT. My parents pretty much paid for my undergraduate - I am only paying off about 8K...

Plus I just feel like I have no time as it is, let alone having to go to class, study, read, write papers.

Does your salary really go up that much from having a masters? Will it all level out with all money you shell out to go back to school???

I would love to go back to school and get my masters. But I am already in debt (credit card and undergrad student loans) so I just can't see getting myself into more debt, A LOT MORE DEBT. My parents pretty much paid for my undergraduate - I am only paying off about 8K...

Plus I just feel like I have no time as it is, let alone having to go to class, study, read, write papers.

Does your salary really go up that much from having a masters? Will it all level out with all money you shell out to go back to school???

from what ive been told by my "elders", its worth it BY FAR. if not immediately, down the line it will be crucial...also depends on what you want career wise and financially...

so youre talking about doing it parttime while working?? :hung: i dont think i could do that...full time all they way for me.

no debt either at the moment, but instate tuition alone will be $32k/yr :worry:

*whistling* oh it feels..so good to be...Debt Freeeeeeeeeeee

nadim do it man...then move to NY...and buy me dro

:laugh:

ill be happier than a pig in $hit when im done with this :D (did i really jsut say that?)

im definately sold on getting my MBA, and its time i really started using my languages, so its just a matter of the details (what school, should i move, not failing, etc.)

so its worth the risk of moving there despite the fact i might not get in?? thats a biggey...

:laugh:

ill be happier than a pig in $hit when im done with this :D (did i really jsut say that?)

im definately sold on getting my MBA, and its time i really started using my languages, so its just a matter of the details (what school, should i move, not failing, etc.)

so its worth the risk of moving there despite the fact i might not get in?? thats a biggey...

yeah man..u gota take risks in life....just dont 4get my dro

from what ive been told by my "elders", its worth it BY FAR. if not immediately, down the line it will be crucial...also depends on what you want career wise and financially...

so youre talking about doing it parttime while working?? :hung: i dont think i could do that...full time all they way for me.

no debt either at the moment, but instate tuition alone will be $32k/yr :worry:

Well ideally, I would want to go back to school while I'm still working full time. I would like to get my MBA. I heard Felician College is building an accelerated masters program that will roll out soon. Their programs are usually one night a week for so many months. It's expensive though :worry:

Well ideally, I would want to go back to school while I'm still working full time. I would like to get my MBA. I heard Felician College is building an accelerated masters program that will roll out soon. Their programs are usually one night a week for so many months. It's expensive though :worry:

yeah, i could do it part-time here as well, there are some pretty good schools...but i figured if im going to do this, to do it all out - no compromises - hopefully...