Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Friday nite Carl Cox review

got in around 2:15am. . . Carl was already pumping. i was amazed at the number of people that were there!! by far the most for Coxie in a loooooong time. . .

things went along kinda slow, but at or around 4am, it was kicked into high gear. . . energy was pouring off the dancefloor. finally.

it was anthem night. . . dropped "Knights of the Jaguar," "Betterman (Remix)," AND "Scorchio." craziness. as the night got longer (or shorter depending on yr perception) it got more progressive with the end being almost trance-like. "AC/DC" rocked the joint apart. . . didn't hear it at S&D last week, and kinda missed it actually. . . eeeeooooowww eeeeeooooowwww eeeeeeooooooowwwwww eeeeeeoooooooowwwwww. . . fuckin' brilliant.

the encores kicked it as well. . . whatever that song was with the vocal "you wack-ass mothahfuckah" absolutely destroyed me. . . i will own it.

the meet-up was good: cosmicgirl, ez, dee, diva, nikki, p00h, jammy, the d, alpha, smashlips, trippin, apotheosis. . . damn. . . lotsa peeps.

and newbies too!! met like FIVE or something. . . god i suck with names though. . . you know who you are!!

and the end, for me at least, was absolutely blissful!! cwm38.gif

fun, fun, fun. . . gotta clean now. must utilize energy!! cwm35.gif

------------------

i wanna give you everything, i wanna give you energy. . .

WEIRD night for me.

Kind as if it "wasent maant to be".

(big shrug - oh well)

I love CC but some reason I didnt feed the crowd last night and security was incredibly tight.

and for the crew:

BIG PROPS to: uknj,smashlips,ricfuture,trippintrance,mrylin,mikey m, ummm saw jammy for a bit, cosmicgirl and met new people Spoonyd and Andy1020. Did I forget anyone?

------------------

Use email DJmikeDR@aol.com

PM way too slow!

Originally posted by kingpharaoh:

WOW

the man was off the hook....people were looking good, couldn't have picked a better night than last night to meet you fellow heads. cwm44.gif

just you wait. . .

next week will be off the hook. . . cwm35.gif

------------------

what's up to all the people from the board I met last nite

(only if I could remember... EZdreamer your one cool mutherfucker)

I got there at 5:30 expecting to hear cox

but when I looked at the stage instead of a fat black dude it was a skinny mexican

He had the crowd pumping through out the morning

fucking nuts, the whole vibe was electric

**doesn't TWILO close at 8am.. I was pissed when the lights came on at 7

------------------

IMAG0014.GIF My music starts at 170 BPM not 140...

[This message has been edited by gonzojournilist (edited 11-04-2000).]

Well, last night was a good way to understand the difference between Techno and trance. I found last night a bit repetitive but I had a good time while I was there. AS usual, the People we were with made it more fun.....Too bad the music wasnt as good as I hoped, imho.

Thanks to all there having fun....

And I KNEW EZ would be there...;p....

------------------

Myrlin

druid3.gifwizard.gif

Got there around 2am only to find out that Coxy has been on the decks since 11pm. I wanted to catch some of the house. Yeah, he did play a few BIG tunes. ie The dance, Dave clarke mix of Zombie Nation, Touch me (136 bpm fukin tune!), Jaguar, What the fuk!, and some off the classic coxy tunes.

Nice to see everyone having a good time. I myself prefer prog. house but I need my techno fix every once in a while and Carl Cox is the one to take care of that.

The cat after Cox was Mark Lewis (LA) supposedly part of the Ultimate Base crew. He wasn't bad either. I left around 6'ish.

Well, well.....another amazing night for me as well.......got in around 1:00 w/Al(trippintrance) only to meet up with everyone and blast off.......Carl kicked in hard by 3:00........rolled through till 6.......and rode the rest of the night out just sittin back listening to Mark Lewis close it out........can't say enough about it....just another to add to the list.....

What's Ups: Al(trippintrance), Andy(andy1020, thanks for the little present), Mikey(apotheosis), Ric(ricfictures), Myrlin, Nicki(uxnj2), Jammy, Ashley(smashlips), Andy's friend Mike, FletchNYC & friend Dave, Dave(kingpharoah, thanks for the ride home,lol), Charlie(ezdreamer, thanks for the hook up), Dee(nycdee), Mikey(noiseboy, no shot from you but I'll hit you up anyway).....

Sorry if I forgot anyone.......really good to see everyone again.......craziest fuckers I know......

Mikey

------------------

"Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger......"

i thought carl cox was off the hook last night. i looked for you guys but didnt meet up with anyone. I asked a few people if they were from this board and they gave me the strangest looks. Oh well even though i didnt get to meet anyone i still had an awsome time, im gonna have to go to one of the dinners so i can meet you all.

------------------

im a writer, a poet, a genius, i know it, i don't buy cheebah i grow it!

What up everyone.

I finally just woke up. What a fuckin' night I had last night. It was great meetin everyone. You guys rock. I don't even think I could name everyone but I'll try.

Trippintrance-You are THE coolest motherfucker in the whole world. and I know I am not alone in thinking that.

Mikey-What up kid-check your pm's

Dee-always good to see ya.

Ric-what up I hope my present helped.check yo pm's.

fletch-what up kid? I'll be seein you soon.

Kingpharoah-You were lovin' life last night.LOL.

Apotheosis-It was good meetin you.

Divaliscious-I hope you had a safe ride home. That was lkind of bugged out when I saw you in my cab a few blocks from Twilo.

uknjx2-Hey cutie, I hope babysitting went well today, we'll talk more at the next meetup.

To everyone else I met, I was real fucked up so I hope I didn't forget you. But whatup to everyone I met briefly EZdreamer, myrlin, noiseboy, sugarlips?Ashley(love the hair).

Alright my brain is totally fried, anyone else I apologize but I forgot.

You guys are awesome, You made my night last night, and my boys think you guys were grreat too.

I'll see everyone on Friday.

-Andy

------------------

Lets Go METS!!!!!!!!

test.jpg

Originally posted by andy1020:

To everyone else I met, I was real fucked up so I hope I didn't forget you. But whatup to everyone I met briefly EZdreamer, myrlin, noiseboy, sugarlips?Ashley(love the hair).

Alright my brain is totally fried, anyone else I apologize but I forgot.

As I said Iwas real fucked up and still dazed when I wrote this post. So to Miss Ashley I apologize for calling you sugarlips, I meant Smashlips.

Oh man I swear I cant even think coherently at all right now.

------------------

Lets Go METS!!!!!!!!

test.jpg

Shit, I just remembered one more person I forgot to blowup. JAMMY!!!!! whats up baby,did you have fun?

I wasdancing with my boys on the floor at one point and I turn around to see Jammy just straight Groovin. She wass definitely in the ZONE.

-Andy

------------------

Lets Go METS!!!!!!!!

test.jpg

aw, we missed the meetup. mattyparsons and i were just dancing away by the back stairs

this whackass dumbshit guy was trying to hit on me, told me he's a DJ, and he didn't even know what kind of music he spins and couldn't name any parties he's done. i hope this wasn't anyone on this board. if it is, i'd laugh

Gotta say WHAT UP TO THE CREW

Mikey- Always a pleasure...must chill soon.

andy-it was my pleasure....hope to see you at PVD. Thanks for that little present wink.gif

Ric-YOU DA MAN! you know what im talkin bout!! (how's the arm???)

fletch-what up kid? hope i made ur night proper

Kingpharoah-yo it was a blast, thanks for the ride to port A.

Apotheosis-Thanks for taking out those few mins to have a serious convo. you're awesome listening to your CD AGAIN (4th time in 2 days)

Divaliscious-keep dancing your ass off! you rock!

uknjx2-hi hun! how are ya??!???! im waiting for my PM, or letter, or email. LOL

Smashlips-always a pleasure.....gotta get ya some bubblelicious.....gotta stop wit those straws!!!!!!

Jammy...U DA SHIT.....you know you can glowstick. dont play yourself. smile.gif

Myrlin-seein ur face after my vicks....awesome lol

EZ....COMIN IN CLUTCH!!!!!! i got you on Friday.

noiseboy it was awesome meeting you

to all that i am forgettin....u know i love you..alrighty folks...gotta go on to other posts now, seeing as to how bust i am here at work.

LOVE ALL OF YOU. Be GOOD

-Al

cwm32.gif

------------------

A man makes his sunshine, and he makes his rain. Look at what you have, and where you are, before you say, "I've had a horrible day" Appreciate what you have, and realize how much others wish they could have that much. Live Life, and LOVE IT! --Me

"The Suspense is TERRIBLE....i hope it'll last!" -Willy Wonka

flash02.jpg

Originally posted by mikey_m:

Mikey(noiseboy, no shot from you but I'll hit you up anyway).....

sorry man. . . i know you were there. . . not gonna forget one part of our exclusive little club. . .

next meet-up, Mikey's rule. . .

cwm35.gif

------------------

Originally posted by twilogoddess:

Carl Cox was awesome....I was sober..danced the entire night. Muzik was slamming. I went to the power bar @ 6 and saw some peeps talkin...i didn't know what to do or say. So I bounced. Although i didnt' meet any heads off the board i had a sick night.

DJ

didnt know what to do or say?! c'mon hun! say HI!!!!!!!!!!....thats where it all starts!....at the end of the night...you walk away with up to 20 new friends. 3am powerbar meet-up at PVD

------------------

A man makes his sunshine, and he makes his rain. Look at what you have, and where you are, before you say, "I've had a horrible day" Appreciate what you have, and realize how much others wish they could have that much. Live Life, and LOVE IT! --Me

"The Suspense is TERRIBLE....i hope it'll last!" -Willy Wonka

flash02.jpg

Thanks for the shout outs there Andy & Al smile.gif

I had a great time @ Carl Cox that night (my first Carl Cox)....I got away with a few smacks on the rump on a couple of unsuspecting lads cwm27.gif ...Thanks to all of you guys & gals for making that night unbelievable!!! smile.gif

~*Jam*~

------------------

...I can't see you, you can't see me! as-slow.gif ...