Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Dumonde!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HELL YA!!!

I didn't know you were there....not that I know how u look like but would like to meet you....I met Oldtimer and a few other peeps (not from CP).

when did the party actually ended?

I am hearing they ended it at 7AM....I left around 6:40...was just too tired and starving LOL.

But Dumonde was scheduled to play till 8:30AM...so what happened?

going to sleep now

:bounce::bounce:

what a great night!!!!! :party::dj:

you were there??? what were you wearing?? i was wearing a pink shirt and black jeans..

anywho... dumonde was insane... closed the shit out.. just got home.. lange was ok.. he probably would have had a nicer set if they turned the volum up a bit... i was waiting for dumonde to play running but it just never happened..

they played two of my favorite old tracks...

binary finary

crw "i feel love"

ill post more tomrrow when im more with it...

Dumonde was great. You can't expect anything less from 2 word class Dj's. The music kept me going and going. Much respect to German hard trance...tribal and all other shit doesn't even stand close.

for these parties what room/floor do they use?

3rd floor....to be honest I was surprised there weren't more people.

Well, the important thing is that DI.fm was doing live streaming of the show and there is this program called streamripper ;) ....I love computers

I thought Lange was much better then Dumonde. Lange played a nice mix of trance and house. Dumonde needs to play some more uplifting trance. Every trance song they played was hard trance. It just didn't have a rhythm to it. I'v heard much better hard trance sets then this one.

I was pissed they closed up at 7 15. I wanted to hear Roxxia.

Did anyone go downstairs to that rave they were having for teens?

They had some really good house djs. There was this DJ named Miss Lisa.

This girl was playing some sick house music.

Dumonde - wasnt too great, they need a lesson on mixing and track selection.

angel falls remix was insane though. i loved it.

crowd- worse crowd i have ever seen in my life. a disscussting mix of candy ravers and underagers.

venue- dump ( system is ok though, even though they did not turn it all the way up)

:ghey:

I have been waiting to hear Dumonde in NYC for a while, what a great night.

Bugout did a great job opening up.

Lange was cool as shit. Jan Johnston, Dj Manilo (probably massacred that), DJ Macguyver, Victor Dinaire ( i only heard he was there) all came out to hear Dumonde. They were all cool as hell too.

Nice seeing some CP heads I haven't seen in ages.

Sick party, great vibe. I had a blast.

oh man, where to begin on this night. i had a good time but there were just some things wrong with this party.

first of all, was anyone else appalled by the total shityness of the sound system? i mean you're inviting two world class djs and you put them into a room that looks like a bad frat party. the sound was so washed out, had absolutely no highs, and wasn't loud enough. it felt like the whole party was taking place in someone's basement.

in general i think the space was wrong for these types of djs, the party was completely underpromoted cause im really surprised they couldn't even pack a room of that size, which is quite frankly, tiny. i wouldn't be surprised if these guys don't really feel like coming back to the states anytime soon. you bring them over for the first time in their careers and they end up playing for 200 kids in a dark basement, i mean cmon.

musically i thought dumonde was great. they played a sound that they are known for, dropped many of my fav tracks. i thought the mixing was good, didn't really have that much progression just cause they kept dropping hard track after hard track, but i didn't have a problem with it. wasn't impressed with lange at all, it's like the guy picked out every generic sounding trance record and just stringed them all together, bleh. i don't know who heard him play any house, i got there 130ish and all i heard was fluffy trance till dumonde went on.

anyway, good night musically, not such a good night venue wise and crowd wise. i think it's just that im gettin a little old (22) for hangin out with all these 18 year olds running around with their backpacks and ufos. i like a clean looking venue, nice lighting, a GOOD sound system, and these are just some of the things that just weren't there. i hope shelter has good luck throwing their raves but if any other big name djs come into town it's def not teh venue for them.

It was a great party.

Like the venue.

You should stick with getting new talent. and not fall into the NYC trap of having the same fucking dj's spin every month.

How about Blank and Jones next? I have their agents info if you would like.

This party has potential, Please dont take it to a chi-chi "clean" venu, w/ bottle service etc.

I like the dark and dirty feeling.

And to the 22 year old who said he feels old.

You got a lot of life ahead of you, I WISH I could be 22 again

HELL YA!!!

I didn't know you were there....not that I know how u look like but would like to meet you....I met Oldtimer and a few other peeps (not from CP).

when did the party actually ended?

I am hearing they ended it at 7AM....I left around 6:40...was just too tired and starving LOL.

But Dumonde was scheduled to play till 8:30AM...so what happened?

going to sleep now

naa i DEF would of wanted to meet u and oldtimer, this was VERy last minute,

i was wearing a green halter top, long brown hair, my friend was wearing a white shirt and jeans, we were dancing in the back most of the time :) we left around that same time,maybe earlier, so i dunno, i thought the party would of kept going till 9 or 10?

The funniest part of the night. Did anyone see that old guy in his 70s hitting on every girl. When that rave ended for those teens. Alot the teen girls then went upstairs to the room with Dumonde. The old guy was then hitting on them. When I was leaving Shelter, I hear this girl complain that only that old guy approached her. lmao

Dumonde was awesome on Friday. They played hard and epic trance all night. Not too much variety, but they're Dumonde so, whatever. The turnout kind of sucked for some reason which was a bit of a downer, but like everyone said, the music was great and made the night worthwhile. Personally, I really like Shelter as a venue, especially for that type of event. I really hope the kids throwing the party don't get discouraged by the turnout, and keep this thing up. If they keep bringing in talent like last night, the numbers will follow. Again, it was definitely a good night.

Didnt get a chance to go, but from the reviews, DuMonde was okay. Im surprised they didnt build up a good set or maybe they did? Considering they are hard trance DJs they might have started out with some, for lack of a better phrase, "lighter hard trance" traxx and built it up from there.

Unfortunately, its hard to tell because NYC is not exposed as much to the hard trance music esp with European DJs so to say they played hard stuff all nite is understandable because hard trance DJs as the name would imply dont start out with uplifting or even soft trance music. I dunno just my 2 cents.

For one thing, I did see Cosmic Gate in Montreal and similar to Dumonde, they started out hard. I just the style of their sets. Being a DJ myself and spinnin a good amount of hard trance, the genre can have difft levels of hardness if you know what I mean.

I personally love hard trance. This is the true music for the night clubs. It gives you energy to dance and just keeps you going. I fall asleep to Sasha, Digweed or some other weak s..t. Saw Dumonde, Warp Brothers, Marco V and Judge Jules live, all of them played some sort of hard trance...the crowd simply loved it, except for those who were on pills of course. Those were just waisted and couldn't move cause the music was simply too hard to handle for them.

Dumonde pounded the floor with their set. They played what you expected them too. Venue wasn't that great, as well as the turnout. I'd like to think that getting a venue like Shelter helped keep ticket costs down to $22? They could've left Lange at home so Dumonde could've started earlier then 3:30. I hope this doesn't discourage Dumonde to come back to NY and Airborne to continue their hard trance events.

"Does anyone know when Digitally Imported is gonna replay their set?"

This set is already on the Internet. I was able to load mine. Keep on listening to it and experience the night over and over again:)Visit some of the file sharing hubs or use the pograms you use to search for music.

Does anyone know when Digitally Imported is gonna replay their set?

I talked to a guy from DI who was broadcasting from their laptop in the booth, they said they were going to continuously play it on their replay channel.

I enjoyed Lange's set, I didn't think it was bad at all. Lange himself said he wasn't too pleased with it, but when you are on before Dumonde, what really can you play? I think he sayted pretty uplifting throughout his entire set and it seemed as if a lot of people enjoyed it.

The venue was pretty small, but as the night progressed it filled out a little bit. I was happy it wasn't jammed in because there was plenty of room to dance.

Did anyone see that big black dood dancing in front of the booth? He was awesome!