Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I'm so upset!

Freakin' Summer is NOT the time to lose weight...atleast for me its not...I've gained weight instead...UGH!!!! :splat:

Between the cruise that my BF and I went on, Fourth of July weekend, boat outtings, and diff. friends of mine BBQ'ing every weekend I've gained like 5 LBs. Also, I'm working 2 jobs now so I can't get to the gym 5 times a week like before. Now I'm only able to go like 3 times week. This blows! I'm so upset at myself :(

I went back on SUPER strict diet this morning. I need to stick to it before it's too late.....sigh.

Is anyone else here having this problem over the summer???

Freakin' Summer is NOT the time to lose weight...atleast for me its not...I've gained weight instead...UGH!!!! :splat:

Between the cruise that my BF and I went on, Fourth of July weekend, boat outtings, and diff. friends of mine BBQ'ing every weekend I've gained like 5 LBs. Also, I'm working 2 jobs now so I can't get to the gym 5 times a week like before. Now I'm only able to go like 3 times week. This blows! I'm so upset at myself :(

I went back on SUPER strict diet this morning. I need to stick to it before it's too late.....sigh.

With the exception of this year due to injuries I was always the same way. But I look at it as all my hard work during the winter. I get myself to a goal weight by summer and just enjoy myself. Why get yourself looking great for the summer and then not enjoy it... I always put on a few lbs in the summer. There is way to much going on to constantly watch yourself. BBQ's every weekend, large consumption of alchohol, parties, beaches, etc... etc...

Just enjoy yourself and work extra hard when you go to the gym...

With the exception of this year due to injuries I was always the same way. But I look at it as all my hard work during the winter. I get myself to a goal weight by summer and just enjoy myself. Why get yourself looking great for the summer and then not enjoy it... I always put on a few lbs in the summer. There is way to much going on to constantly watch yourself. BBQ's every weekend, large consumption of alchohol, parties, beaches, etc... etc...

Just enjoy yourself and work extra hard when you go to the gym...

i definitely feel u.... i never stick to the gym as hardcore as i do during the fall/winter... i feel when its hot out, its lazy time :tongue: and i work days when i dont get a break to go to the gym and by the time im home im BEAT plus the nights i work till 2-3am and im exhausted the next morning and i can never make it there... i definitely need to just watch what im eating moreso than usual b/c i dont work out as much as i should be now that its summer...

I guess you guys are right...might as well enjoy myself now and keep working out and worry ab those 5lbs once summer is over...which is 2 weeks from now (time flies =/). It def. is much easier to eat right and work out regularly when I'm back on a reg. schedule and not a summer one.

Thanks for the boost Lina and Element ;):rock:

5 pounds, pfffft.

:rolleyes:

I could gain or lose that in a weekend and not even notice. Come back and whine when you've put on some serious flab.

Um, 5lbs for a girl can be a lot!:rolleyes:

Not to mention that when "that time of the month" comes around it goes up about 2-3 LBS for that week-week 1/2 and that can suck big time when u look down at the scale and all together it = about 8-9 lbs more than pre-summer :rolleyes:

just throw up after each meal..you should be fine in a week

Um, 5lbs for a girl can be a lot!:rolleyes:

Not to mention that when "that time of the month" comes around it goes up about 2-3 LBS for that week-week 1/2 and that can suck big time when u look down at the scale and all together it = about 8-9 lbs more than pre-summer :rolleyes:

it is kind of a downer when u see that ur gaining weight... esp when u start to notice it all at once its even harder to get rid of it-- just dont stress about it too much cuz itll make u feel worse and the stress wont make it any easier to lose the weight... just try to eat better and get to the gym as much as possible even if its like once a week.. just try to get there... ull feel better if u dont give up completely.

fuck it..i bust my ass all winter long so if i want to have some beers and bbq im going to...its all about moderation ive put on a few lbs it deffinetly sucks losing the gains but u gotta wieght out whats means more to you fun with friends or 5 lbs over the summer...just gotta be strict during the week ya know and keep those 5 from turning into 15

good luck on ur new diet

it is kind of a downer when u see that ur gaining weight... esp when u start to notice it all at once its even harder to get rid of it-- just dont stress about it too much cuz itll make u feel worse and the stress wont make it any easier to lose the weight... just try to eat better and get to the gym as much as possible even if its like once a week.. just try to get there... ull feel better if u dont give up completely.

;):aright:

but u gotta wieght out whats means more to you fun with friends or 5 lbs over the summer...

Fun with friends :bounce:

just gotta be strict during the week ya know and keep those 5 from turning into 15

good luck on ur new diet

I concur. Thanks! Good luck to you as well :tongue::pint:;)

Nope, I 'm down to 124 pounds now, from 155..

I'd tell you my secret, but I would have to kill you...

I'm the opposite... in the Summer I lose weight because when it gets really hot I tend to lose my appetite. During the Winter I don't go out as much because it's too cold. That's when I tend to eat a lot because I'm sitting at home bored...

its the opposit with me... i've always had a harder time working out and staying in top shape over the winter... its cold, its darker, and you wear heavier clothing so you dont even notice when you start to go downhill. summer means more skin and time at the beach, and that gets me juiced to work out.

and five pounds isn't shit, i've lost that much in a day because i didnt eat anything.

but anyway. the key is to get mad. get fucking pissed at yourself and go kick your own ass in the gym.

if you don't live in nyc, just go spend a weekend there. everytime i visit i lose 5-8lbs, food is too damn expensive and it's hard enough to fit in 3 meals in a day there, let alone 5.

btw i have put on 15lbs since the start of april, on purpose. 5lbs isn't even noticeable.

you looked pretty ok to me a couple of weeks ago :tongue: sooooo stfu and stop complaining :tongue:

• 2 weeks later...