Clubplanet Nightlife Community

*SpiRiT sAtuRday!!!*

to be completely honest, i dont mind the shows all that much... they are usually god awful but it's usually a good time to go to the bathroom and reup on my long island iced teas... also with the smoking ban it's a good time to go smoke a cigarette.. too bad we have to pay more to hear these horrendous acts..

oldtimer .. i agree with you .. i did not care for those shows at spirit .. they were annoying, if u ask me .. and they just took from the dancing time ..

and the only time i saw them dancing . they all had indian costumes . native indians that is .. whats up with that .. i did not think that was funny .. but then again i am not native indians ..

the club itself tho is big and the A/C is very nice .. i dont mind go there again .. excpet the crowd .. hmm i duno . not many dancers .. and many drugged people .. sorry no offense . but not my cup of tea

peace

the MASK

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do admire the few nightclubs that still try to create some type of atmosphere by hosting a few shows here and there. I haven't been to Spirit since JP started his residency there, but I do remember many of the SF shows, dating back to 98 or so. Some people conisdered the shows to be tasteless, while others considered them to be a necessary element of the overall vibe.

It's good that Spirit is making the shows a part of the Saturday night party, and is at least trying to bring back what many of JP's fans are accustomed to. No one's saying the party will ever be the same as it was at SF, but it must - and will - continue.

the club itself tho is big and the A/C is very nice .. i dont mind go there again .. excpet the crowd .. hmm i duno . not many dancers .. and many drugged people .. sorry no offense . but not my cup of tea

peace

the MASK

to each their own when it comes to the shows... but what time were u there from. You can hardly dance any time earlier then 3am. It was WAY too packed, so i just stood in VIP dancin cause there was MUCh more room. After 430ish when the drunken crowd left ( and i say drunken cause i seen so many ppl act wildly drunk, bump into ppl, and pound on the bathroom doors for foolishness) it was all about the dancing. Many circles were formed and many battles going on. The crowd was YACK before 4am. Many weirdos. Afterwards it was a mixture of young kiddies an old sf heads.

to each their own when it comes to the shows... but what time were u there from. You can hardly dance any time earlier then 3am. It was WAY too packed, so i just stood in VIP dancin cause there was MUCh more room. After 430ish when the drunken crowd left ( and i say drunken cause i seen so many ppl act wildly drunk, bump into ppl, and pound on the bathroom doors for foolishness) it was all about the dancing. Many circles were formed and many battles going on. The crowd was YACK before 4am. Many weirdos. Afterwards it was a mixture of young kiddies an old sf heads.

well .. i went to spirit twice .. the first time .. i can't even remember when .. must be couple of months ago . and that time the crowd was dead .. no vibe and lots of drugs .. something i dont care for

the last time .. was when Acosta, and Denaire were there .. as well as the local talent Powerstar Im .. and the night was pretty good actually .. and many ppl were having fun ..

in any case .. it is good to see dancers in spirit .. we need those in all major clubs not only spirit

peace

the MASK

the guy , rafi, who did the shows at sf does them at spirit on theme nites like last sat. some other guy organizes the dancers n watnot n regular nites. party usually ends between 7-8 am.

hey girlie...i haven't been to this party yet...what time does it close? so they're still doing those shows like they did at SF?

I don't here anyone complaining about the "drugged out" asian crowd being there so I guess they didn't have an impact this time around? If you are a CP member there is a list there right? How much would it cost? The reason I ask is because I may attend this weekend. Does Paris work the door there too? Dress code? How was JP's set music wise?

when the heck did this happen? i heard about one girl the first nite b/c my friend went and got the bouncer when he saw her like pass out...and nobody who truly wants the party to go on wants some g'ed out moron to ruin it for everybody. attitude is, if you're gonna do it, and you've done too much ur friends better get you the hell outta there b4 u make a scene and a problem for everyone. cant be reckless u know.

The music and the system sounded sick, i wasn't too crazy about the crowd. Did you guy see how many girls got carried out looking like they were dead. Thats scary. I saw about 3 girls

i answered someone who asked that on one of my other posts... yeah theres a cp list, and many others most of them give you reduced 20 bux from 30 before 130 am. first 2 weeks there i paid 20 bux, then last week was a theme party so it was 25 reduced. there is a lil bit of an asian group there but very small lol n they stick to their own lil corner so its all good :) i'd heard paris was supposed to work but i havent seen her yet, the dress code is pretty relaxed. trendy/ casual, just look nice. guys wear jeans, t shirts but gotta be neat and wear nice sneaks if you want they dont seem to make you wear shoes. girls can wear watever they want basically . last two weeks jp's been pretty nasty lol not too many vocals, lots of techy shit n hard stuff. the system was DEFINITELY a lot louder and deeper bass this week...i mean A LOT. i was shaking when i walked in and it was NOT like that the first two weeks. even if you dont usually like jp, its a really good vibe in there, worth checking out :)

I don't here anyone complaining about the "drugged out" asian crowd being there so I guess they didn't have an impact this time around? If you are a CP member there is a list there right? How much would it cost? The reason I ask is because I may attend this weekend. Does Paris work the door there too? Dress code? How was JP's set music wise?

oh your such a bad girl :devil::clap:

lol i wish it was b/c of that and i was bein DEVIOUS...but actually the ppl i drive in with dont have the STAMINA to stay till closing..so i have my early crew...and the closers who i leave with lmao wish it could b more SCANDALOUS :hat:

i only bring was absolutely necessary b/c most times i dont leave w/ the same ppl i came in with, so i cant leave it in their car or watever.

what do you mean u dont leave with the same ppl u came with .. watttttttttttttttttttt

does your dad know about this .. hehe .. totally kidding .

cool kid

peace

the MASK

PS ... oooops .. just saw your posting above this were you explain that .. hehe .. ma bad .. but still .. does u dady know .. ;)

yea tell me about it...i had the ticket n everything..bastards but wat r u gonna do, they still have it i just have to wait to get it. could b worse tho....no one told me to walk out w/o it like an ass lmao

wassup with the "color" test .. :gang:

peace

the MASK

The music and the system sounded sick, i wasn't too crazy about the crowd. Did you guy see how many girls got carried out looking like they were dead. Thats scary. I saw about 3 girls

SweetGirl - Stay that way,,,,,,

That's fucked up, Are you sure they where not getting her help.

That Staff-Security looked on to me "alert"...

One should never leave someone in a hole ->get some sugar into them, or dropping into a coma ( keep them moving )....

At least make a call to 911, if they are falling fast... You can call from a pay

phone and then leave if you must~

Enough of the bigbrother bull shit ,,,,

Ask SilverBull for a nightclub to hit up ....

Mask,

You are my kind of people,,,,

Ever take a road trip and some crash's everyone is watching

no one is helping? What's up with that!

My thought is either help or get the fuck out of the way and let the pros in....

Biscuit .. i totally understand you kid .. totally ..

prob is .. many people nowadays just watch as if it is a show . not of their business .. no more .. i will get involved .. i will help that person . whatever happened to good old values man .. this sucks

aiight enough lecturing .. hehe

peace

the MASK

don't worry i have to do the same thing.

lol i wish it was b/c of that and i was bein DEVIOUS...but actually the ppl i drive in with dont have the STAMINA to stay till closing..so i have my early crew...and the closers who i leave with lmao wish it could b more SCANDALOUS :hat:

wassup with the "color" test .. :gang:

peace

the MASK

my daddy is AWESOME....first off im 23 so daddy has no say lol and he thankfully never really pried into my social life...me n him r very much alike n he knows i need MY SPACE lol. actually, him n the fam went away for the week...and bein the LOVELY person he is..he left me a few spare dollars for the week and told me to have a good time at spirit!!!!! gotta love unexpected financial donations from the pops when ur DEAD BROKE lmao :bounce:i didnt mean to use yellow..my computer is schizo lol

My thought is either help or get the fuck out of the way and let the pros in....

thats not always a wise choice either -- I G'd out around people who had no clue what I was on (stupid) and they called 911, I woke up in the ER with a bunch of nurses getting ready to put me thru a battery of unnecessary (and painful) tests to try and figure out what i was on, and then when i told them G they had no clue wtf it was, and one asked me if it was still legal to buy at GNC...so point being many times 'professional' help might cause more harm then good

are u the same bernie from jpe?

thats not always a wise choice either -- I G'd out around people who had no clue what I was on (stupid) and they called 911, I woke up in the ER with a bunch of nurses getting ready to put me thru a battery of unnecessary (and painful) tests to try and figure out what i was on, and then when i told them G they had no clue wtf it was, and one asked me if it was still legal to buy at GNC...so point being many times 'professional' help might cause more harm then good

this is a good one....

one time i was at joey's in clifton and i saw some girl hit the deck... she completely just fell back and landed on her head... she wasnt moving and everyone is just crowding around her like idiots.... i just finished like my 6th cpr class ever a week before that so i decided to grab her wrist to see if she had a pulse.. (i dunno i was drunk, i thought it was a reasonable thing to do though) but her friends didnt think so and promptly told me to stop touching her.. some girls are fucking morons... if i was trying to get a cheap feel in would i really go for the wrist??? i mean c'mon now... dumb jersey broads...

this is a good one....

one time i was at joey's in clifton and i saw some girl hit the deck... she completely just fell back and landed on her head... she wasnt moving and everyone is just crowding around her like idiots.... i just finished like my 6th cpr class ever a week before that so i decided to grab her wrist to see if she had a pulse.. (i dunno i was drunk, i thought it was a reasonable thing to do though) but her friends didnt think so and promptly told me to stop touching her.. some girls are fucking morons... if i was trying to get a cheap feel in would i really go for the wrist??? i mean c'mon now... dumb jersey broads...

that is soo funny ... like u will be doing a passed out woman .. how do these people think .. ... :fridge:

peace

the MASK