Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Any thoughts on MIXED RACE couples............?

Hey there. I'm in a relationship with a black guy (I'm 100% Korean). My very first interracial relationship. But I didn't enter into the relationship purposely for the interracial aspect. It just kinda happened.

What ever it was that brought us together is definately keeping us together . . . but it really has nothing to do with color . . . love never should.

BlueAngel

------------------

"Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage."

- Lao-Tzu pkiss2.gifangel.gif

in response to your question, no. no, i have no thoughts on interracial couples because there is nothing about them that warrants "thoughts" any more than mono-racial couples. wait, i take that back; in some cases, i think strict mono-racial dating can be considered cliquey

yes. i have one thought.

MORE MUTHAFUCKIN POWER TO THEM! i feel that interacial couples reflect true open-mindedness (word?) heh heh....they are people that have incredible self respect, and respect for other races.

i wish you the best sweetie.

------------------

A man makes his sunshine, and he makes his rain. Look at what you have, and where you are, before you say, "I've had a horrible day" Appreciate what you have, and realize how much others wish they could have that much. Live Life, and LOVE IT! --Me

"The Suspense is TERRIBLE....i hope it'll last!" -Willy Wonka

flash02.jpg

TrippinTrance, have you become a hero???

Interracial couples are good..very good. Theres absolutely no reason why it should make a difference, especially since youre not going to judge someone by the color of his or her skin or race if you want to develop a relationship with him or her right?

------------------

THE BEAT IS IN MY HEAD

AIM:Turbo SC300

Guest crystalmethodny

I dont believe in mixed race couples...

I believe in only one race, the Human Race.

We're all the same.

------------------

"We're going to build things up slowly... are you with me? Here we go."

"I think of you, how I used to do on Sunday Afternoons."

www.extremegroove.com

Crystalmethodny, while its nice to think that there is only one HUMAN race, you're ignoring the fact that each of us has a different background and have unique cultures. That's what makes the United States and in particular NYC so interesting. We may be the same on the inside, but we are definitely different on the outside and ya gotta embrace those differences, not merely tolerate them.

Know history, Know Self!

No history, No self!

<<<PEACE>>>

------------------

"I'll take my problems to the dancefloor!"

blueangel ~ I agree with you, love should be color-blind! It "just kinda happened" with me, too... I never sought out one particular race or type. It can be hard though, especially when traditional parents get involved... hopefully yours are as open-minded as you are! I realize a lot of times, problems don't arise from the two parties involved, but from parents/grandparents/siblings/friends, etc...

ReginaP ~ awe, thanks hon! I'll be sure to pass the compliment along to him, I'm sure he'll appreciate it...

trippintrance ~ GREAT pic, hehehe... Thank you so much for the well-wishes! smile.gif

g-money ~ hmm... I guess interracial dating between different Asian ethnicities isn't considered mixed in a majority of the US, but it probably would be over in Korea/Taiwan/Vietnam, etc? BTW, I agree with you about appreciating others' differences... the world would be a pretty dull place if we were all the same. cwm9.gif

------------------

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." ~JFK

panda_fly.gif

Originally posted by happykittn:

blueangel ~ I agree with you, love should be color-blind! It "just kinda happened" with me, too... I never sought out one particular race or type. It can be hard though, especially when traditional parents get involved... hopefully yours are as open-minded as you are! I realize a lot of times, problems don't arise from the two parties involved, but from parents/grandparents/siblings/friends, etc...

i think that's the hardest part about being in relationships - especially interracial relationships. no matter how you feel about one another, your family's involvement (if they're disapproving) is bound to put a strain on things.

a friend of mine has been dating her boyfriend for over 5 years (she's korean, he's black) and she's tried numerous times to talk to her parents about it. basically they're in denial and refuse to believe that the two of them are serious and plan on staying together. it's a difficult situation, but in the end it's about them, not her parents. it's her choice and they can either learn to live with it or not.

anyway, it sounds like you're really happy and i hope things continue to go well.

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Guest crystalmethodny

G- Money

I hardly ignore that aspect at all. You misunderstood my simple statement. We are all Humans, which constitutes a Race, by true deep definition. We are the Human Race, thus, there should be absolutely no prejudice to someone who may be of any skin color or any culture.

Culture is a beautiful thing, it represents the different aspects of the Human Race. It shows the true beauty of our people's of the world. I've lived in New York my whole life and am all for this country, because all these cultures intermix and continue to grow.

------------------

www.extremegroove.com

Happykittn, (Cute name BTW)

I'm a white-ass cracker motherfucker and after looking at your pic, if you every have any problems with your bf (not that I wish anything but the best for you two) I will certainly be there for you. wink.gif

BTW, in answer to the post, I think interracial dating is great and try to practice it as much as possible biggrin.gif, but my parents don't frown.gif. I've never tried to take any of my non-white girlfriends home to meet the folks, but that would be very awkward indeed. I think if I ever wanted to marry a non-white girl I just wouldn't tell my parents, and claim to be single. (Yeah, it's harsh. I'm from Virginia what can I say?)

JohnB

could it be that people mix cuz they dont want to be associated with the same crowd. even though on the outer level, they won't admit it but subconsciously they are. i know a lot of asian girls that won't don't asian men for some reason, maybe cuz of the way they act, sterotyped, cheap, small or just... YUCK!.... 1.7 billion chinese people and they can't find 1 good one? hmm...

i wholeheartedly agree that it's more about the person than the race....but seriously do you think anyone on this board would actually say "i'm against interacial couples"??

this is new york, not down south....we are fortunate enough to have family trees that branch

------------------

beer is the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems

I was just wondering if any of you are currently half of a mixed couple, if you ever have been, if you would like to be, or if you have any opinions either way about them. I'm 100% Asian (Chinese), and have dated Caucasian guys, black guys, and a Latin guy in the past (as you can probably tell, race has never been an issue with me). My sweetheart right now is an all-American white boy, and I *love* my "gwai lo!" cwm38.gif

(By the way, I finally had Halloween pics from Twilo developed, and might get around to scanning them someday. I dressed up as Sailor Moon (short tie-top, tiny blue satin skirt, thigh-high red patent leather boots), and my honey was a bleached blonde prisoner in an orange jumpsuit.)

------------------

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." ~JFK

panda_fly.gif

good grief? what the heck is wrong with my post ?? i posted a related message. you can roll your slanted eyes all you want it's you who is weird . btw you look ugly i feel sorry for your b/f(if he is indeed your b/f) he could've done much better.

*choosing to ignore kyoung's post* Good grief... rolleyes.gif

I know what you mean. I've been dating my bf for 1 year now and just recently told my mom. She still chooses not to acknowledge the fact. I think she goes to church everyday and pray that it's only a phase. Oh well.

I know she doens't approve not because of his color. My mother is not racist, but her disapproval comes from how she knows my society (Korean) will treat me. The rumors and gossip that I have to face along with verbal badgering. She worries about me, her daughter. It's all outta of love . . . I know that. However, my bf and I will fight that battle when we come to it . . . together.

Just stay strong. Recently I learned that love by itself CAN NOT conquer all . . . you have to have faith and believe in what you and your bf stand for. You have to BELIEVE in your relationship. Good luck!

BlueAngel

------------------

"Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage."

- Lao-Tzu pkiss2.gifangel.gif

Well I think whoever makes you happy and treats you well and of course who your compatible with is what you should measure if your going to be in relationships with the person, I for one like girls of different ethnic backgrounds I think women of different ethinictiy are very sexy (hint to any nice girls out their = )

No but seriously it can be hard in this day and age but if you truely like and respect one another more power to both of you.

Originally posted by crystalmethodny:

G- Money

I hardly ignore that aspect at all. You misunderstood my simple statement. We are all Humans, which constitutes a Race, by true deep definition. We are the Human Race, thus, there should be absolutely no prejudice to someone who may be of any skin color or any culture.

Culture is a beautiful thing, it represents the different aspects of the Human Race. It shows the true beauty of our people's of the world. I've lived in New York my whole life and am all for this country, because all these cultures intermix and continue to grow.

I am with you in a big way on this one CM. Our individual cultures must still exist and be recognised. But the global comunity is the bigger picture.

I think it's a shame that this question is still being asked in the year 2000. But it just goes to show there is still work to do.

Guest crystalmethodny

Hey B2B,

I know man,I know, sad.

Did you know a new trade magazine is launching within a month called Extreme Groove?

Be sure to keep in touch, I'll send you a free copy. I forgot to mention it to you.

smile.gif

Steve

------------------

www.extremegroove.com