Clubplanet Nightlife Community

My Jersey Shore Review

As any good New Jersey person should do, I made the trek down the Parkway for a weekend at the Jersey shore. The weekend had a lot of promise. Nice weather on Saturday at least, Richie Santana spinnning classics at XS, and Oscar G at Surf on Sunday.

Got to XS and saw a bunch of CP'ers: 3rdflrfactoria, njstacked, deelite, stardo, etc. DJ Unique was playing decent hip hop (not exactly my fav), and I couldn't wait to hear Richie Santana.

Had a couple drinks and went to the bathroom. I personally get a little stage fright and like to use the stalls wherever possible. Came out of the stall to a fat, baldheaded bouncer/undercover cop named Joe who grabbed me and brought me outside. The uniformed cop in the back stood by and watched as this cocksucker first read me my Miranda rights and told me he was going to arrest me. My mind was racing as I was trying to figure out what did illegal.

He told me I was in the bathroom too long and he needed to search me. I was seriously thinking about refusing to let him do so (just to spite the motherfucker), but I realized I was in a little corrupt town and the guy probably would have invented a disorderly persons charge and arrested me. So I very calmly let him search me (I had nothing on me), and he let me back in the club after telling me that I need to understand he is trying to combat the "club drug situation at Seaside". Asshole.

I go back in and Richie Santana was horrible. "Sandstorm", "Derb", "I Turn to You", and "Zombie Nation", and a bunch of other shitty songs from the past. Thankfully, he finished at 2 and the other guys came back on. I realized at that moment that the night could only be saved by a slice of pizza and a good night of sleep. The weather sucked on Sunday, so no Surf.

I heard from a couple of my friends who went to Temps and Merge that both clubs were pretty empty and not worth going to.

I learned a few things from this weekend. 1) If you have drugs on you, DO NOT USE THE STALLS AT XS. That fat piece of shit Joe will grab you with intent on turning you over to the police. 2) Seaside does not bring enough people to have 3 big clubs. I know XS and Temps is owned by the same people, so one is probably a money laundering center anyway, so it's not a big deal for them, but I can't understand Merge (maybe they're doing great financially, who knows?). 3) Denny is the best DJ in NJ. Richie Santana isn't close. And most importantly, 4) The shore is nice to go on the beach, and have some drinks with your friends. It is NOT a place to go clubbing. If you want to go to a club, go to a real club in a REAL city (NY, Philly, etc). I AM DONE FOREVER IN SEASIDE.

Good seeing you last night...

I have a different take on The Shore and the clubs there...I always have a good time if the right people are there...I usually enjoy all types of music hip-hop, rap, reggae and house....It really sucks that you came down on a pretty dead night....but it was good seeing you and Sue! Peace...

As any good New Jersey person should do, I made the trek down the Parkway for a weekend at the Jersey shore. The weekend had a lot of promise. Nice weather on Saturday at least, Richie Santana spinnning classics at XS, and Oscar G at Surf on Sunday.

Got to XS and saw a bunch of CP'ers: 3rdflrfactoria, njstacked, deelite, stardo, etc. DJ Unique was playing decent hip hop (not exactly my fav), and I couldn't wait to hear Richie Santana.

Had a couple drinks and went to the bathroom. I personally get a little stage fright and like to use the stalls wherever possible. Came out of the stall to a fat, baldheaded bouncer/undercover cop named Joe who grabbed me and brought me outside. The uniformed cop in the back stood by and watched as this cocksucker first read me my Miranda rights and told me he was going to arrest me. My mind was racing as I was trying to figure out what did illegal.

He told me I was in the bathroom too long and he needed to search me. I was seriously thinking about refusing to let him do so (just to spite the motherfucker), but I realized I was in a little corrupt town and the guy probably would have invented a disorderly persons charge and arrested me. So I very calmly let him search me (I had nothing on me), and he let me back in the club after telling me that I need to understand he is trying to combat the "club drug situation at Seaside". Asshole.

I go back in and Richie Santana was horrible. "Sandstorm", "Derb", "I Turn to You", and "Zombie Nation", and a bunch of other shitty songs from the past. Thankfully, he finished at 2 and the other guys came back on. I realized at that moment that the night could only be saved by a slice of pizza and a good night of sleep. The weather sucked on Sunday, so no Surf.

I heard from a couple of my friends who went to Temps and Merge that both clubs were pretty empty and not worth going to.

I learned a few things from this weekend. 1) If you have drugs on you, DO NOT USE THE STALLS AT XS. That fat piece of shit Joe will grab you with intent on turning you over to the police. 2) Seaside does not bring enough people to have 3 big clubs. I know XS and Temps is owned by the same people, so one is probably a money laundering center anyway, so it's not a big deal for them, but I can't understand Merge (maybe they're doing great financially, who knows?). 3) Denny is the best DJ in NJ. Richie Santana isn't close. And most importantly, 4) The shore is nice to go on the beach, and have some drinks with your friends. It is NOT a place to go clubbing. If you want to go to a club, go to a real club in a REAL city (NY, Philly, etc). I AM DONE FOREVER IN SEASIDE.

Wow.. that friggin SUCKS!!

It was nice seeing you too :hung:, and if I spilled any drinks on you I apologize..

this is officially my last summer down the shore..........next year im venturing off to KENTUCKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

there is prob nothing for digga to do in kentucky, but who gives a fuck......it will sure as hell get rid off this sunday twitch, and hot flashes!!!!!!!!!!, and definatly get rid of this leprichon that i see every sunday...................

GOD HELP ME!!!!!!!!!

I go back in and Richie Santana was horrible. "Sandstorm", "Derb", "I Turn to You", and "Zombie Nation", and a bunch of other shitty songs from the past. Thankfully, he finished at 2 and the other guys came back on. .

actually, richie doesnt play like that often. It was a CLASSICS NIGHT as far as the house was concerned. I dont know if unique and klutch were also doing hip hop classics b/c i wasnt there...

but all week long the promotion was that richie was dropping a classics set...

actually, richie doesnt play like that often. It was a CLASSICS NIGHT as far as the house was concerned. I

agreed....

some of the songs he played in his set were signature tracks he played back in the day at Bunk

actually, richie doesnt play like that often. It was a CLASSICS NIGHT as far as the house was concerned. I dont know if unique and klutch were also doing hip hop classics b/c i wasnt there...

Yeah, last night is probably not a fair assessment of him as a DJ, it was classics night. I hear from a lot of people that when he is on, he is good.

Stacked, it was great seeing you and the Mrs. Sorry we didn't get a chance to talk more. Congrats again!

Maybe DJais next week early...

Shouldve went to SPIRIT

SICKKKKKKKKK

Pretty much exact same thing happened to me to at XS last year.

[quote name=carguy

XS is a great party and I like going there but the times of going religiously to any club week in and week out are done.

Good point.... i feel that the times of going to see the same resident dj ,week in and out, playing one style of music are not as strong as the past years.....no matter how much better or worse they have got...but everything works in cycles so years like 98 and 99 wil be back in the future....

not just when he's on.....all the time....

you've seriously never heard richie spin before?

He absolutely leveled Surf club memorial day weekend!!

Tore that shit down son!

If you want to hear richie when hes on i promise you he will turn it the fuck out thursday night at the all new house night at deko. Come check it out, ill leave a comp for you at the door and first round of drinks and shots are on me. I can pretty much guarantee that hell impress you. Let me know if your down.

Tore that shit down son!

If you want to hear richie when hes on i promise you he will turn it the fuck out thursday night at the all new house night at deko. Come check it out, ill leave a comp for you at the door and first round of drinks and shots are on me. I can pretty much guarantee that hell impress you. Let me know if your down.

Thanks a lot. I'll try to make it one of these weeks. :beer:

It was great to c u and Sue!!! Sorry about what happened!! Funny how when a drug problem was REALLY a drug problem, noone ever did anything like that. Drug problem in Seaside? Holy crap, there was 1000 times more drugs in 99/00/01/02 and my friends BARELY got frisked then.

We will make up for it with a Spirit run. So I have spoken, so it shall be done :)

I was a bit disappointed that I caught Richie on a classics night..which is not one of my personal favorites "theme" parties....but he is still the man!! lol

I have yet to go to any NJ shore clubs yet this year. I was never to crazy over any of them. I guess it's still just the same shit going on down there as all the other years. I agree though there is no place like clubbing in the city, nothing else really compairs.

U spillin drinks..........pffffffffff....naaaa.....i could never fathom that site........

I was a walking tornado ripping drinks from everyone.

ONE EMPANADA... thats all I had moco... One Empanada...

The best was my key?????? No my key is in the bathroom, my key is in the bar, Rod has my key, no Brad has my key.. pffft.. Bad Me!!

I can't believe I still have friends after that Minastisness.