Clubplanet Nightlife Community

My New Website!!!!!!!

3rdrealmsp

YO WHATS UP GUYS HERE IS MY NEW WEBSITE....

IT'S FOR MY PRIVATE HOUSE PARTY DJ COMPANY SO DONT FREAK OUT WHEN YOU SEE THE SONG SELECTION ON THE DANCE PART...NO UNDERGROUND GOODSTUFF ON THAT PLAY LIST... I DESIGNED IT MYSELF, SO I WOULD LIKE SOME CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM E-MAILED TO ME SO I CAN MAKE THE SITE BETTER. I'M WORKING ON PHOTOSHOP AND FRONTPAGE. TTYL!!!!!!!!!!!

WWW.MAGICMUSICENTERTAINMENT.COM

BTW...YES IM REPRESENTING CP ON THE SITE BY PUTTING A LINK ON IT FOR CP!!!! :pint:

i called up the people that are hosting it and they said they are having server issues, once resolved my site will be back to normal. so by tomorrow morning everything should be going through perfectly! :type:

server issues my foot! they're probably smoking crack! :pint:

it's HUGE...you should really scale down the whole thing a bit.

try not to use graphics for everything... try using tables and actual text when possible. right now, each page is made up soley of one oversized image 2400x3300 pixels (but scaled down to the current view)...not sure why you did it this way, but it's going to take much longer than necessary when you want to make edits later on. also, try not to use so many different font styles and font colors in one place (and not all so large and in bold). consistency in these issues will give it a much cleaner look. there's an old saying in design: "less is more".

ditch that POS called FrontPage and get a decent web design proggy like GoLive or Dreamweaver for better results. (GoLive CS actually integrates seamlessly with Photoshop now, and saves a lot of time with layout management).

i'd offer some more suggestions, but your site went down again... let me know if you ever want a host with 99.9% uptime.

im also getting into webpage making.....and damn theres alot of code to get familiar with....its a challenge...but once u get it....i think it shouldnt be to hard...... Tonie is the one that is doing her site.....she's got a bit of help from an expert...but for the most part its her and i sitting in front og the puter, and figuring it out..... check it out!!!!!!!!!!

www.tonieaguilera.com

if you want to have a good sound system for your mobile gigs or rentals then you need to get one of these.... http://www.nexo.fr/set_4.html

for the site there are too many things, here are a couple of tips though, don't use bmp for images, just jpg for photos, and gif for logos or text, also you need to use photoshop to get the images to be the right size, you can't use the img tag's width and height, or they come out distorted... and try to keep image size below 100 k... only use more when you think you really need it

damn guys, thanks for the replies!!!im a little bit swamped with school work this week, but i plan to hit up some of the tips you all sent me. the sight is pretty important to me so i will take in consideration what you guys have told me...i knew i could count on my CPers! :beer:

Yeah, nobody with a dialup could possibly use this site. I'll second the other suggestions. Keep all images under 30k. Most pages should be no more than ONE "PageDown" in length. Either reduce font size or break it up into multiple pages. Remember that you are not in the newspaper, so you don't need to fight with anyone for attention. Font size only needs to be readable, anything larger is just silly. Maybe a little larger for titles to break up the page and make reading easier. Believe me, I understand that it is a lot to learn. I would second the suggestion of Dreamweaver.