Clubplanet Nightlife Community

why the f... Avalon invites the same djs over and over????

Why the hell Avalon invites the same Djs over and over again??? I mean who the f*ck would go see Boy George??? Marco V, Gabriel and Dresden etc are all talented Djs but there are just so many more out there. Cosmic Gate, DuMonde, Blank and Jones, Talla 2 XLC, Dj Tomcraft and so on.

It would have been so much better if Dumonde came to Avalon rather than Shelter. I enjoyed the music a lot but was a bit shocked that this world famous duo was invited to play in such a horrible place.

Why the hell Avalon invites the same Djs over and over again??? I mean who the f*ck would go see Boy George??? Marco V, Gabriel and Dresden etc are all talented Djs but there are just so many more out there. Cosmic Gate, DuMonde, Blank and Jones, Talla 2 XLC, Dj Tomcraft and so on.

It would have been so much better if Dumonde came to Avalon rather than Shelter. I enjoyed the music a lot but was a bit shocked that this world famous duo was invited to play in such a horrible place.

its called residencies. all these dj's have monthly or bi-monthly residencies. thye bring in other dj's now and then. theyve had tiesto, ferry corsten, carl cox...and def alot others that i cant think of off the top of my head.

luckily dumonde wasnt at avalon. shelters is obviously smaller and even that place was pretty empty. could u imagine how empty avalon would've looked with that amount of ppl?

Residencies??? Those would be every 2 month residencies? JOOF was a resident at Arc when he was showing up every two weeks. Marco V every month. You could count on them being there because their residency was officially announced. Showing up once in two three month is nothing more but inviting the same djs over and over, not having them as residents.

sometimes a bigger venue isnt necessarily better

i liked the dumonde show a lot...the intimacy of a small venue like shelter was awesome...

best time i ever had seeing PVD was not at central park or roxy or space or ultra....it was at Arc/Vinyl.... and not just cuz his set kicked ass and it was only $10 on a monday night-- the vibe in there was unbelievable...everyone felt like we were there in the booth with him ...

Residencies??? Those would be every 2 month residencies? JOOF was a resident at Arc when he was showing up every two weeks. Marco V every month. You could count on them being there because their residency was officially announced. Showing up once in two three month is nothing more but inviting the same djs over and over, not having them as residents.

it could be a quarterly residency..... :idea:

I haven't officially read or heard of those DJs having residencies @ Avalon NY. IMO answer is an easy one...those DJs bring a certain amount of "#'s". As long as the #'s keep showing...the same DJs will be booked.

It's quite simple.

diman .. as a general concept i do agree with you .. the better and more DJs the better of course ..

however, if you look at avalon .. and then compare it to other big clubs, you might agree with me that they still bring a lot more variety of DJs as opposed to other clubs ..

so while the more the better .. truth is avalon has been doing an outstanding job in bringing a lot of different DJs ..

sometimes it might also be a matter of the availbaility of those DJs ..and the deals made some time ago ..

peace

the MASK

For those that are tired old the same of music.... Next Friday at avalon, I will be spinning with some other guests... I promise to bring something new to the table... I produce my own tracks and remixes, and have fresh new trance promos from europe. Gonna be dropping some serious sounds. For those that are intrested and want to attend this event send an email with first/last name to

VIP Guest List VIP@NYCVIPONLY.COM

In order to get into this event, YOU MUST BE ON GUEST LIST! And YOU HAVE TO USE THE SPIDER CLUB ENTRANCE ON 20th!.

AvalonFront.jpgAvalonBack.jpg

Don`t forget..... to avoid the lines and wait, USE the Side entrane on 20th and 6th. Look for the Yellow Club It Up Hummer. And don`t forget, to get on the list VIP@NYCVIPONLY.COM

Don`t forget..... to avoid the lines and wait, USE the Side entrane on 20th and 6th. Look for the Yellow Club It Up Hummer. And don`t forget, to get on the list VIP@NYCVIPONLY.COM

can we bring guests? if so how many and do they need to email separately? or could i include in my email? also is this a 18 or 21 over event?

thanks in advance!