Clubplanet Nightlife Community

A Question for You? Yes You? Everyone!!!

I have noticed including with the people on the message boards that many people arent spending their weekend on the Jersey shore like all the summers past!!! What is the reason why???

If you do then dont answer this if you arent I know there are a lot of people wondering why??? Every venues numbers are off this summer (combine Temps and XS because most people moved from one club to the other) and there doesnt seem to be one clear cut answer. I know the weather has definitely been better this year then many summers before.

PLEASE THOSE WITH THE ASSHOLE COMMENTS STAY OFF THIS THREAD.

For me personally I feel Ive had enough......................from 98/99 til last summer I had a blast and put aside many things that needed to be done at the homefront.............this summer I see things differently and only come down two weeks on two weeks off(aprox)................also I go home on sundays cause Im a lot more serious about my Job...............Father is closer to retirement and I need to show him I can handle the take over and not be a screw-up like I was in the previous years.........

But thats just my reasoning

for me and my crew its a combination of more serious jobs, reponsibilites, more bills, getting older...I still love going down the shore and going out but it seems much harder to get my friends motivated to go out these days, and we are only 24, 25 years old, its sad but i think we are getting burnt out from partying so hard for the past 6 or 7 years..sucks.

For me personally I feel Ive had enough......................from 98/99 til last summer I had a blast and put aside many things that needed to be done at the homefront.............this summer I see things differently and only come down two weeks on two weeks off(aprox)................also I go home on sundays cause Im a lot more serious about my Job...............Father is closer to retirement and I need to show him I can handle the take over and not be a screw-up like I was in the previous years.........

But thats just my reasoning

I couldn't have said it better myself......well maybe I could've.....but still nicely said.....there comes a time in your life that you gotta claim your stake....bottom line time to make $$ and stop blowing it...I'm retiring at 32....so it's hustle time...

seriously though.....as much fun as the shore is....your priorities change as the you get older.....what I think the problem is.....is the young-ins they gotta step up to the plate and show their shit and rep. it at the shore.....they are def. weak!....the rise of the scummy crowd and bad rep of seaside in recent years doens't help the cause either...just my 2 cents...i expect change please....

The young kats are the ones that need to take over now... there will definitly be a slow transition period... but if we spend a little time to find out what exactly is that the youngins are looking for we can bring it back twice as hard, it will require help from pros of the jersey shore but im sure they are more then willing to pass the word on to others so they can have just as much fun... maybe even the party scene needs to grow with the crowd cause me personally I like to chill listen to bangin beats but not like I used to now its all about relaxing and having a good time. The crowd down the shore has changed alot and theres not much the accomodates there needs.. X's is the only hot spot that plays hip hop and House... I know many of you guys might not like the fact the hard core house scene is changing but you cant deny the fact that the crowd prefers choice if we want to bring back seaside lets reinvent it..... HOLLA

888.USE.SYN3 (888.873.7963) www.syn3.org

i agree with stiffler. i was down the shore every single weekend practically since i turned 21. now im 23 and i gotta tell ya, it gets old. the same people, same music, same scene, which i love, dont get me wrong, but you can only take so much at a time. and now that its 18 in seaside its another reason to try and switch it up and find more upscale parties. i love belmar and seaside but ive done em enough for a lifetime. i will definitely pop back down every so often, but its nice having a variety of things to do. clubs arent everything as some people think. it seems like the rampent drug use is getting a little out of hand too. not that i didnt party this summer but im over it, and to some people thats all that matters. i guess its just that everyone is growing up a little. and i think that's a great thing.

I'm 24, I been going clubbing down the shore since I was 18/19, I was young and loved it.

It's not that I don't have fun anymore when I go to the shore, I always do have a great time, it' s, I just don't have the urge(like i can't miss Tempts this weekend) like I used every friday to get all pumped up and drive 1 1/2 to 2 hrs there and home on sunday. I have lost the energy I once had.

As long as there is something going on up north ,like a barbque, going out on the boat and so on, I'm not really forcing myself to go the shore.

Plus I have a shit load of weddings/bachlor parties I must attend.

I also don't get drunk drinking anymore like I used too, so I don't feel like drinking from the time I wake up to the time I go to sleep, spending like $300 doing so for a buzz

but after saying all that, when I do go down ,I have a blast all the time

it's just like I said, I don't have the urge to go all the time like I used to .

I have yet to go down the shore this year to any clubs..The reason being for me it's alot closer to go to the city so I save myself an hour drive. Also I don't like the fact that everything in NJ closes so early.

I'm sure I will make it down there sometime this summer but like someone said earlier your priorities change and you just don't have the desire you had to go down there like you did with all the previous years.

I agree with some of the opinions on this thread....as u get older u have more to lose, more responsibilities, etc. Also, its almost like people are wondering looking for that "energy" and "vibe" from years past and can't find it. At least from what I saw, and I have not been to Seaside in a while until this past weekend.

I think a lot of us here experienced partying at 1000% and now 100% just wont do. Maybe people realize that it will never be the same (not to say that it cant be fun to just hang out with your friends and have a good time no matter where u go) and are giving up? or maybe people are looking at other things that will provide entertainment and just as good a time, but in a different environment? I dont know if the decrease in drugs has anything to do with it too....or if indeed that is the case even. Just speaking out loud....but I think what I said before is more applicable.

I have come to the conclusion that it wont be the same, so I have embraced just hanging out with friends, drinking, b-b-quing, enjoy the beach and the weather. Dont get me wrong, you will see me at Spirit for JP this fall and winter, and at a bunch of different spots, but it will be for different reasons and with different expectations. I will ALWAYS have a good time no matter where I go, I enjoy clubs, music, seeing good people out and sharing a drink with them, etc...which is why I go out...not sure if that is the case for all though.

The way I see it....if someone could figure out what it is that would get people "interested" again...they would make a ton of cash. But what is it? that's the million $ question.

Great seeing u Serg. I have some ideas that I will want to run by you towards the end of the summer. Hope to see u soon, thanks for everything as always. XS (aka - Deko South?!?! :)) looks great.

I couldn't have said it better myself......well maybe I could've.....but still nicely said.....there comes a time in your life that you gotta claim your stake....bottom line time to make $$ and stop blowing it...I'm retiring at 32....so it's hustle time...

seriously though.....as much fun as the shore is....your priorities change as the you get older.....what I think the problem is.....is the young-ins they gotta step up to the plate and show their shit and rep. it at the shore.....they are def. weak!....the rise of the scummy crowd and bad rep of seaside in recent years doens't help the cause either...just my 2 cents...i expect change please....

tru Bobby tru, u did say it better............I definitely left out the "YOUNG PUNK WEAK" theory..............

As was said above, I'm just too gosh darn old to do it the way I used to! I've turned into a Sunday person and work prohibits me from coming down every week, even every other week. Plus my recovery time isn't as quick as it once was, one night out makes me feel like :hung: So sad! But I really wish the younger people would step it up a notch! God damn it, get silly!

As was said above, I'm just too gosh darn old to do it the way I used to! I've turned into a Sunday person and work prohibits me from coming down every week, even every other week. Plus my recovery time isn't as quick as it once was, one night out makes me feel like :hung: So sad! But I really wish the younger people would step it up a notch! God damn it, get silly!

Oops! That was me, I posted under my boyfriends name! Sowwy!