Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Bling's Review of Danny Tenaglia@ Envy

Bling

had one of the best times ive ever clubbing . Not only was the music absoloutely fantastic, the vibe was there, the drinks were strong and the CP/CJ women lookin oh so sexy........

I arrived at envy around 1045 and they didnt open till 12 .But the door staff was extremely friendly to me. Thanks again for the First rate treatment to everyone at the envy door

First off, let me mention the new sound system. It def was way better then what was in there previously but the bass was too high at times and like space if ur not wearing ear plugs it will hurt ur ears if ur there as long as i was..

The club was set up completely different they had new lights and they took out the couch in the dj booth and the tables and chairs by the bar to make more room for the massive crowd. The club was decorated futuristic like with hanging planets overhead and the walls were setup to look like a spaceship of some kind.

The opening set b Bruno was sick and he was kickin ass and takin names as always. Bump into Ardis who is lookin beautiful as always. Bruno's set was deep house tonite as opposed to his normal tribal house. By the middle of his set especially he was droppin some killer vocal deep house tracks. that had myself macboy, and carisa dancing our asses off

It was great to see such a huge CJ representation especially. Always wonderful to see the beautiful Lilly who met myself and renzo at the door along with the ever sexy Sasha (IMalwaysdancing)

Want to thank Macboy (dan) for the very strong long island iced tea. that drink got me wasted beyond belief. thanks so much i needed that i was trashed . u all saw me trashed for the first time . LOL, thanks dan. ITS A CELEBRATION BEOYCHS!!!!!

Great to see Blendprod without his sling. sorry for hitting ur arm I forgot LOL, and mrsblendprod as well. Also good seeing Trancelator, Levelistic. Turbo, Bruno and Ardis, Juan Mejia, Andrew Chibale.. (meeting Andrew Thomas), Great to meet a few new faces thanks to Carisa including the cousin of Luis Puig (very cool guy. sorry i forgot ur name). And also to that guy that i promised to mention in my review. ugh i forgot ur name right now but please respond to this thread so i can edit later... As well as the cute brunette who remembered me from the Delano party for Miguel Migs.

So Danny Tenaglia took the decks at 3 am . And man did he bring it big time..... The set had so much energy... it was incredible. I loved how Danny had the flashlight and was waving it around into the crowd. I remember he did the same thing at space. Phillipio u would have loved the set. I loved it. And from what I was hearing, Danny was gonna go tilll 4 pm tonite with his marathon set. :bowdown::bowdown:

Special thanks goes to Carisa for hanging with me all nite. You looked so elegeant in that dress with those long earrings :) very sexy... I had such a blast with you tonite. Ur a doll. Cant wait till ur birthday bash in two weeks at crobar. Great seeing Lilly as well..though we didnt hang out as much as i had liked i still enjoyed hanging with you, and I cant wait till we get that picture off of Bruno's camera as well as the pic we got from the guy from clubhoppers.net.

So I finally walked out at 730 am. Yep. and i would do it all over again for Danny Tenaglia.....

Yeah this review is subpar IMHO but that drink and the being up 27 hrs straight does that to a person

I had a blast as well last night/this morning... I am at work this morning and surprisingly feel amazing.. I guess

a great set will do that to ya!! Nice to meet you Bling!

CUTE BRUNETTE AKA nden1078 :biggrin:

cool LOL hi......... :)

My Polished Review

My more polished review

Danny Tenaglia known throughout the Dj community as the DJ's DJ made a statement last nite at Club envy in Downtown Miami. He orchestrated an incredible set last nite for all of those in attendance.

The club was completely revamped for his arrival. The walls were done up to portray a spaceship of some kind, and there were planets hanging on the ceilings, Furthermore, a new lighting system was installed and the Dynacord system(I believe thats the one) was installed to add that extra oomph that a set of DT's magnitude deserves. The system still needed a bit of fine tuning though as there were a few technical difficulties but def something that wont happen again I am sure.

To Id a Danny Tenaglia set is very difficult for the 4.5 hrs that i was there for his set I could not ID a one. Then again I have never been a trainspotter for house music. I just let the music take me on a journey.

AT first it was not too crowded but by the time 3 am came on envy was as packed as I have ever seen it. But never did it get too out of hand. IT was def enjoyable. The only place that got a bit too hot was over in the corner by the video wall around 7 am as many of us were sweating it up..

The doors opened at 12 am a bit later then advertised but they had to set up for Danny so i have no qualms. The door staff was more then generous with myself and definitly treated me right. I have nothing but good things about the staff at envy.

DJ Bruno's set was very different but quite refreshing nonetheless. ON his plate, a selection of deep house goodness. Myself, along with fellow Junkies' Macboy (Dan) and CrzyC(carisa) were definitly shaking our "groove thangs" to the vocal soulful house tracks Bruno was feeding us.

The man of the hour finally took the decks from Bruno at around 3 am. The large crowd in attendance cheered at his arrival. Right off the bat his set had energy to it. No long buildups he just dropped it :) Danny was definitly into it. He had this huge flashlight and was waving it into the crowd, he was dancing and he also had this white napkin or something that he held over his head a few times.

I truly wish i could have paid more attention to the master of house but a Long Island Iced tea had other ideas for me. I do want to thank all of those that made my nite a special one.

AT around 730 am completely exhausted i made my way out of envy. From what I heard DT was going to spin til 4 pm today. The man is truly a machine. A Dj that def showed me what house music is all about. This was my second time seeing the man spin and this set was light years ahead of what he spun at the closing party at space. Anytime DT is back in town I am there.

My first time with DT and I have to say I wasnt that impressed. The music was good but nothing special, place never got to packed. Highlight of the night was Brunos set....:kiss2:

MANY, MANY, MANY CP/CJ peeps out and it was great hanging with all of you. It made the night worth it. Special thanks to Bling for staying by my side when I needed it last...you werent the only one that was trashed.

See ya next time!

BTW, Bling Luis' cousin is Izzy. Stand out guy!!!! :D

I am with you on this one Bling. Danny was fucking awesome. Hadn't seen the guy in years but it was so nice to see him again with his sick ass tunes and his flashlight, hehe. Like you said, I couldn't fucking ID one of his tracks the whole night either. The place had an awesome vibe and all the regular Space people were there! Awesome to see you all.

CrzyC, you were just like they all say, truly stunning.

The only thing that sucked ass was the 40 dollar cover !! I got there at 5.30 AM !!

See you all in the patio @ Space...

I am with you on this one Bling. Danny was fucking awesome. Hadn't seen the guy in years but it was so nice to see him again with his sick ass tunes and his flashlight, hehe. Like you said, I couldn't fucking ID one of his tracks the whole night either. The place had an awesome vibe and all the regular Space people were there! Awesome to see you all.

CrzyC, you were just like they all say, truly stunning.

The only thing that sucked ass was the 40 dollar cover !! I got there at 5.30 AM !!

See you all in the patio @ Space...

But I would like to see a review written by someone who stayed until close and was able to listen to DT's entire set! EVERYBODY who has heard DT at Vinyl knows that he really gets going toward the end of the set with true house classics and even the occasional NY garage track. Did anyone stay until close? :D

But I would like to see a review written by someone who stayed until close and was able to listen to DT's entire set! EVERYBODY who has heard DT at Vinyl knows that he really gets going toward the end of the set with true house classics and even the occasional NY garage track. Did anyone stay until close? :D

I wasn't actually there until the end.. but I did speak to

someone that was.. and they said he slowed it down with

some Madonna and Color me Badd!?! Is it usual for him

to finish off a lil strange like that??

I wasn't actually there until the end.. but I did speak to

someone that was.. and they said he slowed it down with

some Madonna and Color me Badd!?! Is it usual for him

to finish off a lil strange like that??

In fact, yes it is! But I've never heard him play a Color Me Badd track before. Did he play any of the following:

'Be Yourself' - Celeda

'Elements' - duh!!!

'Turn Me On' - DT & Liz Torres

'Music is the Answer' - again, duh!!!

'Finally' - KOT

'Vogue' - Madonna

'Keep on Movin' - Frankie Knuckles

'The Light' - Michelle Weeks

'Follow Me' - Aly Us

:D

danny tenaglia is definitely one of my all time favorite d.j.'s...but the set he played on friday was probably one of the worst sets i have ever heard him play...IMO, he was terrible, never took it to another level, same shit all night.

and that place has to be one of the ugliest clubs ive ever been in...that bright blue ATM sign, and that vip that looks like it was built in the 70's, felt like i was in a strip joint...and about that decoration they had, it looked as if they went to home depot and bought a bunch of spray paint and cardboard and hired some elementary school kids to do a science project in there.

overall, IMO, a really bad night...would love to see danny tenaglia back at Space...he definitely had some great sets in the past at that club.