Clubplanet Nightlife Community

WTF is Goin On This Summer???!!

I'm not bashing XS...

BUT when XS is busier than Tempts and Merge combined??? I love the set up at XS and always have... but changing music back and forth drives me NUTS!!

When I went to Tempts they were lettin people just walk right in it was so dead...

GOD - Stone Pony and DJ's are more packed on a Thurs night then Tempts is on a Sat anymore....

I really think I'm just gonna give up on Seaside for the rest of the summer... this summer is just not making any sense...

:...:

Ohhh..

And good seein some of you I know from this board...

Anthony (NotAllThere), Kosta - Happy Bday again bro!, Anthony (not sure of your name on here but I know your Alexia's friend!), and yer gf I think...

PM me when you get that picture developed or on da computer!

I guess I got out the perfect summer, I really think people do not go to the shore anymore

The happening place in the summer is the city..... I cant tell you how packed the city is, I have been going to Spirit religiously for the past couple weeks, that is the party of all parties....

I havent seen such a giid oarty in a long time in the city

I guess I got out the perfect summer, I really think people do not go to the shore anymore

The happening place in the summer is the city..... I cant tell you how packed the city is, I have been going to Spirit religiously for the past couple weeks, that is the party of all parties....

Yer absolutely right... I went to Spirit last weekend instead of bothering with Seaside... AND I LIVE AT THE SHORE...

I'm def hittin up Spirit next Sat instead of around here... and if it's nice out I'm gonna check out Cleve at the SkyLounge... A lot of my friends from the city were callin me to come up last night but I stayed around here ... WTF was i thinkin...

I'm afraid to even spend $$ venturing over to Surf and Tempts tonight...

Yer absolutely right... I went to Spirit last weekend instead of bothering with Seaside... AND I LIVE AT THE SHORE...

I'm def hittin up Spirit next Sat instead of around here... and if it's nice out I'm gonna check out Cleve at the SkyLounge... A lot of my friends from the city were callin me to come up last night but I stayed around here ... WTF was i thinkin...

I'm afraid to even spend $$ venturing over to Surf and Tempts tonight...

Since I don't have big tits, and I'm not a chick for that matter, how do you get the orange bracelet so you can get into the sky lounge?

At Black? You need a special bracelet now to go to roof?? My bad if you thought I was talkin about Spirit's Roof...

Yup..at Black...now called Ikon. You need a bracelet to get up there now...and I'm pretty sure Cleve was up there last week.

U got that right pal. i tried going to Spirit last night and that entire neighborhood was mobbed with club goers and traffic. I circled the block spirit is on for about an hour or more looking for parking. all the lots were full. The line for crobar was packed which is right around the block, the new scores is right next to crobar. Also u have club Marque right off the corner by Spirit and club Quo which is also in that area. Theres about 6 - 8 spots to check out right in that one area and they were all packed. I couldn't believe the amount of people and traffic in that area on a regular summer weekend. Unfortunately i didn't get into Spirit, damn i didn't even get out of my car except for one time to read a street parking sign to see if i was able to park there. I gave up and bounced but I'll be back without question.

Oh yeah, the hell with the shore i've barely been down there and i have a summer house in belmar. I'll be back and forth for the duration of the summer but come fall/winter the city is the spot. Honestly the city was always the spot.

I'm not bashing XS...

BUT when XS is busier than Tempts and Merge combined??? I love the set up at XS and always have... but changing music back and forth drives me NUTS!!

When I went to Tempts they were lettin people just walk right in it was so dead...

GOD - Stone Pony and DJ's are more packed on a Thurs night then Tempts is on a Sat anymore....

I really think I'm just gonna give up on Seaside for the rest of the summer... this summer is just not making any sense...

:...:

were u just getting to XS at liek 130 last nite?? Thought it was u but i was throwin shit in the ktu truck and when i turned aroudn u were gone..red shirt i think?

well if you think about it, Seaside has been pretty much the same for 6-8 years now....thats a hell of a run, longer than any other party I can think of...which means it has to die out soon

maybe...just maybe....people are realizing that it isnt as fun as some people make it out to be on this message board, and those people stopped going....now the diehards are going to empty clubs, so they stop going..

how many times are you willing to go to the same place before you get tired of it?

i'm ready to go out on a limb here as per my reasoning of why Seaside mite be dead this summer...

When I look back to mid January, i Kinda think back to MTV TRUE LIFE: I HAVE A SUMMER SHARE. I think people who were cotemplating getting a shore house in seaside changed their minds after watching that, thinkin to themslves "I don't wanna be compared to that guy Tommy". When MTV did the TRUE LIFE: I'M A CLUBBER, that kinda nailed that coffin shut on Soundfacotry. So it makes me wonder if by showing MTV TRUE LIFE: I have a Summer Share...did that nail the coffin on seaside?

Yeah but that still wouldn't explain why XS is packed every Saturday....and the people you used to see at Tempts are now at Xs....it's just very bizarre

my comment as on why SEASIDE mite be dead this summer. nothign to do with Xs/ Tempts or Merge

but since we are on the subject....

From what i have heard from a very realiable source, alot of the tempts regs who GREW UP are hangin out at places like Headliner, Osprey and DJAIS these days.

maybe 5% of the tempts regs from previous summers are at Xs

as far as merge, no answer. the last time i seen Merge packed on a non-holiday, non-speciall event nite was the saturday befor the raid in summer of 2002

i'm ready to go out on a limb here as per my reasoning of why Seaside mite be dead this summer...

When I look back to mid January, i Kinda think back to MTV TRUE LIFE: I HAVE A SUMMER SHARE. I think people who were cotemplating getting a shore house in seaside changed their minds after watching that, thinkin to themslves "I don't wanna be compared to that guy Tommy". When MTV did the TRUE LIFE: I'M A CLUBBER, that kinda nailed that coffin shut on Soundfacotry. So it makes me wonder if by showing MTV TRUE LIFE: I have a Summer Share...did that nail the coffin on seaside?

THE HYPE!!!!....wazupppp!....

hmmm.....good theory.....nice delivery...but i'm not sure on that...A for effort though man....cause after seeing tommy i did raise an eyebrow or two myself...

Even Sunday nights aint the same this summer...

Oh well... everyone had some good valid ideas...

I've always supported both XS and Tempts though... I remember a few summers ago XS used to get packed pretty decently... I still went to both XS and Tempts.... Just shocks me to see Tempts so dead I guess....

1. peolple 24 and youger, the majority of club going age, grew up on more hip hop than older temps regulars. where me and my friends think its just a bunch of niggers trying to sing/sound thuggish, they actually enjoy listening to that music and rather hear a mix of music (house /hip hop) when they go out

2.the crowd at temps in recent years was made up by a bunch of followers. everyone with spiked hair,diesels jeans and sneax, etc. etc..

once a XS started to pull a crowd, they followed to that party.

unlike the majority of the old school heads, they were not in there for "the music" like we all were(my friends). all they really cared about was being at a "hot" spot and going where the "hottest girls" were

3.the nightlife party scene has drifted from X and K to more of a crowd that parties w/ coke. a reason why there is no such thing as a vibe anymore. that same younger crowd hasn't experienced what it was like to take a pill pre 2k, and have the music take you on a journey. therefore, thats why i think they like coke better

there is a HUGE difference of being all f'ed up on coke and listening to house music, then it was trippin to the beats of years ago

i'm bias though cause i think coke sucks

1. peolple 24 and youger, the majority of club going age, grew up on more hip hop than older temps regulars. where me and my friends think its just a bunch of niggers trying to sing/sound thuggish, they actually enjoy listening to that music and rather hear a mix of music (house /hip hop) when they go out

sad but true -- i'm 21 and everyone i know for the most part listens to taht shit, i cant fucking stand it but its whats hot rite now -- look at radio in the NY market, there are 2 hip hop/R&B stations in NYC (hot97 and power105) and both of them are pulling CRAZYYYYYYY numbers, while KTU's last book was one of the worst in recent memory....granted ktu isnt as much of a 'dance' station as it should be but it still serves as a valid representation of the market that wants and does listen to that shit over anything else out there.

XS capalitized on this and is doing a dam good job of it, i've been there 3 times so far (working) this year and it was packed every time (even on non holiday wkends) but personally if i'm going out it would either be to temps or merge cause i cant take the hip hop, but apparently like i've been saying for a while music to most is just the 'background entertainment' for the nite and just going to the 'in spot' like u said is their #1 focus, sad but tru

2.the crowd at temps in recent years was made up by a bunch of followers. everyone with spiked hair,diesels jeans and sneax, etc. etc..

once a XS started to pull a crowd, they followed to that party.

unlike the majority of the old school heads, they were not in there for "the music" like we all were(my friends). all they really cared about was being at a "hot" spot and going where the "hottest girls" were

3.the nightlife party scene has drifted from X and K to more of a crowd that parties w/ coke. a reason why there is no such thing as a vibe anymore. that same younger crowd hasn't experienced what it was like to take a pill pre 2k, and have the music take you on a journey. therefore, thats why i think they like coke better

there is a HUGE difference of being all f'ed up on coke and listening to house music, then it was trippin to the beats of years ago

i'm bias though cause i think coke sucks

Wow, you couldnt have said it better. Just remember back in the days, pills used to be sooo great, the feeling would last forever, everyone loved one another, danced all night. Now, the pills suck and there arent available the way they used to be. Its sad, but I think that the club scene has been affected because of the different choice of party drugs. Coke doesnt give you the same feeling as E does.

Now, imagine if E was a great as it used to be, like the way they were pre 2K. The energy would be right back up where it used to be. Of course its about the "music", but I think pills add allot to it also.

I used to be a Tempts goer for many, many years now. I have only been there twice this summer. Yeah, I had fun, saw some old faces and met some new ones as well and music was great, but.... since I really dont party anymore, it was different!!!! So, for me now, XS, Dj's and other clubs are more enjoyable. But nothing will compare to all the great years that I have spent down the shore. Its time to move on and as you get older, you change. Nothing stays the same Thats all. That is why I dont go to Seaside as much anymore. :):isok: