Clubplanet Nightlife Community

spirit

with JP spinning, what do u expect?

the only reason it's successful is cuz it's so small, the same for avalon.

Few ppl go to megaclubs anymore, it's all those stupid fake lounges where a lot of ppl try to flaunt the money they don't have.

but yes, it is like a typical nyc big room, but that's what I like about it (the old Exit vibe) and it isn't (at least not yet) an overwhelmingly Chinese population. There's a mix of everyone.

The vip room needs to go.. it's so lame and takes up too much space. We had enough of JP at sf, we need new artists...there are a ton of good dj's out there who could spin better stuff.

such a beautiful club

was excited when it first opened with all the international talent they were bringing.

sad to see it go to shit so fast turning so domestic into a typical nyc big room

such a beautiful club

was excited when it first opened with all the international talent they were bringing.

sad to see it go to shit so fast turning so domestic into a typical nyc big room

give me back my Twilo!!!

I went to Spirit twice....most likely won't bother ever again with that place

i thought it was tony draper every fri? jp every sat or was tony draper a one time event?

who's at spirit this friday?

I hope what u'r saying is true since I only know of the sullivan room which is true to that statement...it just seems that all the lounges I visited lately cater to that crowd, I read the descriptions which say x place is a chill out lounge, then I go and see the fake dior, prada, etc crowd waiting in line which is enough to make some ppl turn around and walk back to their cars...at least they make the fake dior ppl wait in the lines too!! :laugh:

yo know there are a lot of lounges out there that dont cater to bottle service atmosphere and the music and dj talent is important to them first.

trust me kitty i am soooooo anti trendy and i do tend to go to a lot of lounges during the week where you wont be surrounded by that crap. Once my ankle tendon heals lemme know if your down to see some things. ThERES a whole world of music and dance out there that you wont find at megacubs. And no i dont mean these type of places screw places like SUITE 16, LOTUS,PM, MARQUEE,LOT 61, you know the type.

trust me kitty i am soooooo anti trendy and i do tend to go to a lot of lounges during the week where you wont be surrounded by that crap. Once my ankle tendon heals lemme know if your down to see some things. ThERES a whole world of music and dance out there that you wont find at megacubs. And no i dont mean these type of places screw places like SUITE 16, LOTUS,PM, MARQUEE,LOT 61, you know the type.

he speaks truth, this cat KNOWS whats what n where it's at :bowdown:

space wise .. spirit has it .. it is big and have room to grow ..

crowd wise .. i am confused .. i went there few times and everytime it was different .. i mean . vibe wise .. it was dead sometimes and was amazing other times ...

i think if they bring talented DJs .. they will have great future ..

oh . and if they just cut on the shows .. they wil be better off . in my opinion .. coz those shows are soo lame .. and they serve no one .. except those dancers who wana take a break .. hehe

A/C wise .. spirit kicks ass .. no complains there . unlike avalon .. (which i think are listening now . since the last time we went there .. for marco V .. last weekend .. the A/C was pretty good)

peace

the MASK

yo kahn how was sat/sun did you go and im glad you liked the 718 sessions totally different vibe than these other parties right. Hey samurai and kahn AUG 5TH is a thursday lots of good parties. DISCOTHEQUE has TONY HUMPHRIES,KEY BAR- has JED QUINN and the "fel the love party" SIN SIN- has the PLAYGROUND djs doing there thing. DEMARARRAS- THE HOUSE DANCE CONFERENCE, and most likely i will be at this one CIELO- they will be Havin BEHROUZ. And the next 718 sessions is onaug 8th I CANT WAIT.

yo kahn how was sat/sun did you go and im glad you liked the 718 sessions totally different vibe than these other parties right. Hey samurai and kahn AUG 5TH is a thursday lots of good parties. DISCOTHEQUE has TONY HUMPHRIES,KEY BAR- has JED QUINN and the "fel the love party" SIN SIN- has the PLAYGROUND djs doing there thing. DEMARARRAS- THE HOUSE DANCE CONFERENCE, and most likely i will be at this one CIELO- they will be Havin BEHROUZ. And the next 718 sessions is onaug 8th I CANT WAIT.

holy shit 718 sessions on aug 8th?????? there is a god!!!!

thats the night of my b day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yesssssssss :bounce::beer:

DEFINATELY gunna be there this time. is it gunna be at deep again?

sorry man ... i know u like that type of music and those djs .but Tony Humpheries .. i duno .. not my style at all .. tooooooooo slow .. didnt move me at all .. but i am sure many people like him ..

718 session .. same .. sorry .. good crowd tho .. but music wise .. not my take

playground .. i like those guys .. they have some good beats .. and are creative about their music .. unfortunately i cant make it during the week . sucks .. otherwise i recommend them to people ..

peace

the MASK

its all good mask. Humphries like danny krivit have been doin this for 30 something yrs now and they hav thier distinct sound which people relate to.And some people need HARD FAST BEATS to move them some just need soul. But overall we are hoping to leave any party we go to with sweat dripping off our bodies and pain in our legs and with a smile of a great night we just experiece and thats whats important. And i know its not your style the deep house soulful stuff which i why i dont invite ya to them lol. Its always a surpise to see ya at them but ifeel bad during the night.

i had a friend's party to go to this sat, n was NOT intending on goin to spirit...but of course...situation changes n there i am lol. all i can say is i thought it was a theme party and i missed the flyer...that place was BEYOND packed...5th week now and by far the most ppl. WHERE DID they come from?? music was good, security is RIDICULOUS in there, but i suppose better than crappy , had fun as always :)

space wise .. spirit has it .. it is big and have room to grow ..

crowd wise .. i am confused .. i went there few times and everytime it was different .. i mean . vibe wise .. it was dead sometimes and was amazing other times ...

i think if they bring talented DJs .. they will have great future ..

oh . and if they just cut on the shows .. they wil be better off . in my opinion .. coz those shows are soo lame .. and they serve no one .. except those dancers who wana take a break .. hehe

A/C wise .. spirit kicks ass .. no complains there . unlike avalon .. (which i think are listening now . since the last time we went there .. for marco V .. last weekend .. the A/C was pretty good)

peace

the MASK

its all good mask. Humphries like danny krivit have been doin this for 30 something yrs now and they hav thier distinct sound which people relate to.And some people need HARD FAST BEATS to move them some just need soul. But overall we are hoping to leave any party we go to with sweat dripping off our bodies and pain in our legs and with a smile of a great night we just experiece and thats whats important. And i know its not your style the deep house soulful stuff which i why i dont invite ya to them lol. Its always a surpise to see ya at them but ifeel bad during the night.

that is why you invite me .. haha . that is funny kid .. i hear ya .. it is always good to see you and your bois go down tho .. remind me of the days .. hehe

lets just say .. that when i showed up in those parties it was coz of the people going there .. than the music ..

but it is all good silver

peace

the MASK

i had a friend's party to go to this sat, n was NOT intending on goin to spirit...but of course...situation changes n there i am lol. all i can say is i thought it was a theme party and i missed the flyer...that place was BEYOND packed...5th week now and by far the most ppl. WHERE DID they come from?? music was good, security is RIDICULOUS in there, but i suppose better than crappy , had fun as always :)

haha . u seem to be always going to spirit no matter what .. cool .. it is good to like a place and relate to it .. i personally feel like that towards avalon .. and back in the time (far ones that is) pladium and garage ..

what do u mean security is rediculous? too soft? too strict?

peace

the MASK

well i work sat, so fri nites are out...so one nite a weekend i get to go out...and most of my friends go to spirit. no matter what place it is, i'd rather chill with as many of them as possible when none of us live near each other really, and don't see each other much during the week , or at all. so yea, i do like the club, and the music is good, and everyone i wanna see is there...so THERE I AM lol. i meant by the security being RIDICULOUS is that...for once they were light on the searches at the door, then CRAZY inside,,w/ flashlights, searching ppl, throwing ppl out EVEN AFTER they didnt find anything, just to be assholes. thats annoying, but even so, its better to have them around w/ stupid DRUNKS start fights in vip, and guys get overagressive w/ girls lol.

haha . u seem to be always going to spirit no matter what .. cool .. it is good to like a place and relate to it .. i personally feel like that towards avalon .. and back in the time (far ones that is) pladium and garage ..

what do u mean security is rediculous? too soft? too strict?

peace

the MASK

Timmy was awesome......the music was great IMO.....dancers def. incredible. Awesome d.j. booth in that place....

Can't wait for Aug. 8th......I'll definetly be there...

well i work sat, so fri nites are out...so one nite a weekend i get to go out...and most of my friends go to spirit. no matter what place it is, i'd rather chill with as many of them as possible when none of us live near each other really, and don't see each other much during the week , or at all. so yea, i do like the club, and the music is good, and everyone i wanna see is there...so THERE I AM lol. i meant by the security being RIDICULOUS is that...for once they were light on the searches at the door, then CRAZY inside,,w/ flashlights, searching ppl, throwing ppl out EVEN AFTER they didnt find anything, just to be assholes. thats annoying, but even so, its better to have them around w/ stupid DRUNKS start fights in vip, and guys get overagressive w/ girls lol.

i hear ya . cool .. i am like that too and the times where i move between clubs a lot has passed .. even tho .. my crew want to discover DJs and so i am with them too .. akhhhhhh

ya .. id rather a tough security then a soft one .. coz they keep the place in order at least

do u know if cisco is still there .. he is a bodyguard .. black dude .. with dreads???? him and i used to go to pladium some time ago . and he retired from the dancing seen .. only to work as bodyguard now .. great guy .. :)

peace

the MASK

hey KAHN dont forget as well that aug 17th at spirit the LARRY LEVAN bday party. And shagodiva not to start drama just my curiousity i know you tend to love jp but have you heard any other djs on a consisten basis, just curuious. I tend to meet a lot of younger peoplelike jp and THAT CROWD but once they go out and discover other soundsand parties they cant believe they liked him in the first place. Once again just asking no drama intended. And one more thing KAHN when timmy playe crobar on june 23rd it was the best night i ever had at crobar. Check out his nex cd that out now in stores.