Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Is what ricky did really wrong?

jtk4

I was thinking that what happened to the dolphins, and what happened to almost every NFL player is the same.

Eddie george pretty much got let go, even though he had a contract. Ricky let the dolphins "go" even though they had a contract. I guess the timing could of been better. The NFL is really hippocritical when it comes to shit like this, the players always get fucked. Unlike baseball or NBA when the teams mostly get fucked. I guess with the nfl there is the signing bonus which is real money.

Just food for thought.

I was thinking that what happened to the dolphins, and what happened to almost every NFL player is the same.

Eddie george pretty much got let go, even though he had a contract. Ricky let the dolphins "go" even though they had a contract. I guess the timing could of been better. The NFL is really hippocritical when it comes to shit like this, the players always get fucked. Unlike baseball or NBA when the teams mostly get fucked. I guess with the nfl there is the signing bonus which is real money.

Just food for thought.

The timing was awful but other than that I really have no problem with what he did... If you have a job and you don't like it anymore you quit... simple as that! Take the money and run!! Would you rather spend the prime years of your life getting punished on the gridiron for 16 weeks a year or eat lobster on the beach with a model on each arm??

yeah, the timing was horrible...had he done it a week or 2 before, they could have gotten eddie george...

...he FUCKED his teammates, the fans and the organization big time...

what pisses me off is that most people would do anything to be in the position he is in, but he is willing to give it all up for some fuckin weed...i hope its good stuff...

i dont know how NFL contracts work, but players like Eddie George might have a clasue in their contract that the team will pay him a certain amount of $ if he is cut.

if any of the co-signing parties to a contract failes to complete the contract, the affected party is entitled to compensation . . . one would think.

i have no problem with what he did, if he wants to retire, he can retire. but it was an extremely selfish thing to do at this point in time. if i would've been him i would have either called it quits after last season ended or a month ago, not now. or i would have played the final year of my contract and called it quits.

Smoke it up Ricky... I hope you invested your money properly!!!!!!!!!!!

I think the fact he fucked his teammates / fans over is pretty shitty. But if the guy was unhappy, then I can't blame him. He should have retired though 5-6 weeks ago so the Fish could get another RB.

:pint:

Smoke it up Ricky... I hope you invested your money properly!!!!!!!!!!!

I think the fact he fucked his teammates / fans over is pretty shitty. But if the guy was unhappy, then I can't blame him. He should have retired though 5-6 weeks ago so the Fish could get another RB.

:pint:

:werd:

Sup babes, I am licking my chops for the 33 nationally televised games for the Heat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its one thing to retire or quit a job but to do it at this point is very bad timing.

This is the begining of the season and the team was counting on him being there, I mean he was the teams star and he just quit. He should of quit after last season or at least before training camp started this year.

I bet he is just pissed off at the NFL for the big fines for his drug use and he thinks he is sticking it to the league but really he just fucked his teamates, coaches and fans.

Anyone who ever played any competive sports knows the most important thing besides winning is NOT letting down the team and that exactly what he did, FUCK him, and I hope the rest of the league remembers what a self centered NON team player he is when he trys to come back next year.

I bet he is just pissed off at the NFL for the big fines for his drug use and he thinks he is sticking it to the league but really he just fucked his teamates, coaches and fans.

Thing is, the NFL is not a league you can "stick it to". They don't market the stars the same way that the NBA does. Jordan could "stick it to the league". Shaq could "stick it to the league" by retiring. Ricky's not even the best as his position, not even top five. He's just sticking it to his teammates because he's a stoner.

Thing is, the NFL is not a league you can "stick it to". They don't market the stars the same way that the NBA does. Jordan could "stick it to the league". Shaq could "stick it to the league" by retiring. Ricky's not even the best as his position, not even top five. He's just sticking it to his teammates because he's a stoner.

Agreed:

If you read my post closer I said he "THINKS" he is sticking it to the league but he is only fuckin his teamates.