Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What The Hell Is Wrong The Mets?!?!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:laugh:

oh you mean someone like Vlad? Nah, why would we want someone like that

because of injury problems silly...why would we take someone that's had injury problems?

Oh wait...Zambrano had elbow trouble before? Let's trade him for our top prospect...surely he won't end up on the DL like Kazmir will in a few years LMAO!!!

Peterson the great strikes again!! What a f'n joke!!

Oh wait...Zambrano had elbow trouble before? Let's trade him for our top prospect...surely he won't end up on the DL like Kazmir will in a few years LMAO!!!

gotta admit the Mets look like assholes for not getting Vlad because of his "bad" back yet they go ahead and get rid of one of the top pitching prospects out there (who they said was untouchable during the pre-season) for a pitcher with an elbow problem. Hey, I'm an optimist when it comes to the Mets (even though I always get bit in the ass for it) so hopefully the trade ends up turning good and they both pitch well for us next year.

because of injury problems silly...why would we take someone that's had injury problems?

Peterson the great strikes again!! What a f'n joke!!

How is this petersons fault??

He said he can fix Zambrano's control problems and also said that Kazmir wouldn't be ready until 2006 at the earliest...

and he can fix zambranos control problem....its not his fault the MEt higher ups and their medical staff are a complete fuckin joke

never heard anything bout the second comment ...well he might be ready to go next year....so what

how is it his fault? the mets are in the position theri in because they have the second coming of the Dolans as their owners , they cant evaluate talent for shit (alomar/matsui/cameron/vaughn etc.) and their medical statff is the laughing stock of MLB from the mo vaughn fiasco , to never checking out Vlad , to the utter disgrace that is Jose Injureyes, now to this with never checking out the xrays of zambrano

and he can fix zambranos control problem....its not his fault the MEt higher ups and their medical staff are a complete fuckin joke

never heard anything bout the second comment ...well he might be ready to go next year....so what

how is it his fault? the mets are in the position theri in because they have the second coming of the Dolans as their owners , they cant evaluate talent for shit (alomar/matsui/cameron/vaughn etc.) and their medical statff is the laughing stock of MLB from the mo vaughn fiasco , to never checking out Vlad , to the utter disgrace that is Jose Injureyes, now to this with never checking out the xrays of zambrano

The ownership made the trade at peterson's suggestion...that's how it's his fault.

I do agree with you about all the other stuff though - they want to make money and try to tease fans by making attempts at getting stars, making excuses about phantom injuries, lowballing players and putting a mediocre squad together. Haven't been to a game at Shea since May 2002 and don't plan on going for a loooooong time.

The ownership made the trade at peterson's suggestion...that's how it's his fault.

I do agree with you about all the other stuff though - they want to make money and try to tease fans by making attempts at getting stars, making excuses about phantom injuries, lowballing players and putting a mediocre squad together. Haven't been to a game at Shea since May 2002 and don't plan on going for a loooooong time.

All peterson said was that :give him 15 minutes and he could straighten Zambrano out ...and so far he was 2-0 3.8 era 14 innings pitched 14 strikeouts and only 6 walks which was the problem for him ...

so in a limited mount of time with him , he did a pretty good job with him

Peterseon cannot take any blame for this... which is your medical staff and higher ups problem

All peterson said was that :give him 15 minutes and he could straighten Zambrano out ...and so far he was 2-0 3.8 era 14 innings pitched 14 strikeouts and only 6 walks which was the problem for him ...

so in a limited mount of time with him , he did a pretty good job with him

Peterseon cannot take any blame for this... which is your medical staff and higher ups problem

6 walks in 2 games is that great man...the medical staff is utter garbage - no argument there. I can see Zambrano never being the same because of the elbow.

What I'm ticked off about is that Peterson said Kazmir isn't good enough to be on their team and that he wasn't ready and management followed along. Kazmir will be light years better than Zambrano not three years from now, but NEXT YEAR. And when Kazmir pitched, Peterson ducks the questions and blames shit on the scouts. Fuck him

Sad and shameful what the organization has become

6 walks in 2 games is that great man...the medical staff is utter garbage - no argument there. I can see Zambrano never being the same because of the elbow.

What I'm ticked off about is that Peterson said Kazmir isn't good enough to be on their team and that he wasn't ready and management followed along. Kazmir will be light years better than Zambrano not three years from now, but NEXT YEAR. And when Kazmir pitched, Peterson ducks the questions and blames shit on the scouts. Fuck him

Sad and shameful what the organization has become

well hes actually been 3 starts for Zambrano so 6 walks is pretty good especially when thats been the knock on him (his control) and he hasnt hit a batter yet either as a mEt which is a feat in itself

...i just think your balming the wrong guy ....every pitcher that has come in contact with this guy has nothing but praise for him ...and your starting pitching has been one of your bright spots this yr

and no Kazmir should not be pitching in the bigs this year ...maybe with a good spring next yr. you could call him up

I still think it s the fact that the guys frame /size is so slight is the only reason why the mets were willing to let him go.

outside of guidry /pedro how many 5'10-6'0 180 lb fireballers have succeded and had longevity in the past 20 yrs??

well hes actually been 3 starts for Zambrano so 6 walks is pretty good especially when thats been the knock on him (his control) and he hasnt hit a batter yet either as a mEt which is a feat in itself

...i just think your balming the wrong guy ....every pitcher that has come in contact with this guy has nothing but praise for him ...and your starting pitching has been one of your bright spots this yr

and no Kazmir should not be pitching in the bigs this year ...maybe with a good spring next yr. you could call him up

I still think it s the fact that the guys frame /size is so slight is the only reason why the mets were willing to let him go.

outside of guidry /pedro how many 5'10-6'0 180 lb fireballers have succeded and had longevity in the past 20 yrs??

no use...he just wants to comlain...he dont listen...

Actually it's only been 2 guys that have been good...Leiter and Glavine...and Glavine has come back to earth the past 6 starts...so it's just Leiter really. What has he done for Seo, Ginter, Heilman, Franco, etc etc...what I'm saying is that your pitching coach is only as good as your staff...hence all the hype for Peterson when he was with the A's

There was talk that the A's staff would be in the shitter when he left. Umm, think again.

OVERRATED

P.S. I don't talk about Benson at all because he'll be with the Braves next year - PROMISE!! Mets already lowballed him with a 2 year $12 million contract. Suckers!

thats not my job....all i do is watch...i'm not a GM, i dont pretend to know how much goes into aquiring players....

i just like baseball, and no matter how good or bad, i still like the mets....

Nuff said...some fan you are...not giving a crap if they don't win

Actually it's only been 2 guys that have been good...Leiter and Glavine...and Glavine has come back to earth the past 6 starts...so it's just Leiter really. What has he done for Seo, Ginter, Heilman, Franco, etc etc...what I'm saying is that your pitching coach is only as good as your staff...hence all the hype for Peterson when he was with the A's

There was talk that the A's staff would be in the shitter when he left. Umm, think again.

OVERRATED

P.S. I don't talk about Benson at all because he'll be with the Braves next year - PROMISE!! Mets already lowballed him with a 2 year $12 million contract. Suckers!

mets led the league in era for more than half the season and still have a team era under 4 and are like 5th best in the NL , given up the least amt of Homeruns...and the extremely pathetic defense behind them that was suppose to be a plus for them this year hasnt helped, as well as the shitty offense ....when you dont get good run support its hard to win games ...

i remember a bunch of quality starts out of glavine/seo/trachsel this yr that they lost cuz no run support

Matt ginter/aaron heilman are dead weight and shouldnt even be considered major league talent

um yeh what happened to barry zito??? and doesnt take away what he had taught them coming up ...they just dont forget that

I know a pitching coach is not the factor that makes or breaks a championship team ...but there are good ones and bad ones and he falls into the good category ...players wouldnt talk him up as much if that wasnt the case

benson has stated he would sign regardless with the mets if they trade for him...so lets see