Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Good friends doing the heron how do i stop them?

stonedcl

I have a couple of freinds i grew up with doing H ..

I heard from many people that did it with them but when me and a couple of friends confronted them they said no, then they did it a couple of times but deney having a problem. They started with Oxy-contin and now are doing the H..

What sould i do?-+

I heard from many people that did it with them but when me and a couple of friends confronted them they said no, then they did it a couple of times but deney having a problem. They started with Oxy-contin and now are doing the H..

What sould i do?-+

There was an EXCELLENT article in the science section of the NYTIMES yesterday on this exact subject. It is VERY long and Technical, but it will enlighten you on ways to beat opiate addictions.

Apparently there is a new drug out called buprenorphine, and it is working very very well. However, only a few doctors in NY can perscribe it, they must go through training first. It blocks the brains ability to enjoy heroin or oxy for 3 days after every pill is taken, and it is MUCH less harsh and addictive than Methadone, and less embarassing and more discreet as well.

The only problem is that sometimes it is not strong enough for VERY heavy users.

Seriously, look it up on the net, buprenorphine, it is supposed to be a great new drug, and find a doctor that would prescribe it for your friends.

the article can be found here, but you will need to register for the website to view it.

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/08/03/health/03addi.html

There was an EXCELLENT article in the science section of the NYTIMES yesterday on this exact subject. It is VERY long and Technical, but it will enlighten you on ways to beat opiate addictions.

Apparently there is a new drug out called buprenorphine, and it is working very very well. However, only a few doctors in NY can perscribe it, they must go through training first. It blocks the brains ability to enjoy heroin or oxy for 3 days after every pill is taken, and it is MUCH less harsh and addictive than Methadone, and less embarassing and more discreet as well.

The only problem is that sometimes it is not strong enough for VERY heavy users.

Seriously, look it up on the net, buprenorphine, it is supposed to be a great new drug, and find a doctor that would prescribe it for your friends.

the article can be found here, but you will need to register for the website to view it.

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/08/03/health/03addi.html

my ex took it at rehab in NJ, she liked it.....

take them to a cemetery..i'm serious. i could find a few plots for you. stay there all day! have them look into a hollow grave...shoot i would throw them i a coffin if i could...death is the only road they are on now...i have plently of people that would tale to them...not to scare you but, if they do this for too long, they are going to die young anyway from damage. you can pm me if you want more info.

u can do it a couple times or alot of times....and not get addicted.........hollywood and rumor overstate its addictiveness [by bumping alone) (IMO)

sorry my friend but I think you just had some crack....

heroin (just like crack) is mad addictive - it's hard to stop once you start taking it.

nothing ever wrong from talking to someone about them harming themselves.

just don't expect them to act on it. as with most things, they have to want to quit.

even with smoking, friends, my gf all were on me for a while about quitting. i heard them but wasn't ready to quit. eventually i did.

obviously we're dealing with a much more addictive substance when dealing with heroine but same principal holds - they have to want to stop.

theres always "THE INTERVENTION"....

Ok lets think....take them to fucking rehab...or beat their ass or something!!!

BEFORE THEY END UP LIKE THIS :gang::2guns::sperm:

Tell them it will also make them constipated.... :constipa:

I read an article that said when officials usually find heroin addicts dead, there is usually about 22 pounds of feces..Shit! in thier body because they can't shit!...It fuks em up so much.

By you not doing anything you are killing them :duel:

maybee this is all extreme but be a good friend!

take them to a cemetery..i'm serious. i could find a few plots for you. stay there all day! have them look into a hollow grave...shoot i would throw them i a coffin if i could...death is the only road they are on now...i have plently of people that would tale to them...not to scare you but, if they do this for too long, they are going to die young anyway from damage. you can pm me if you want more info.

BRAVO- your post is one of the very few, honest- and true real posts ive ever seen on any of these boards!!!! bravo!!!

What sould i do?-+

remain silent...or kss your friend good bye..your choice..all the reasons listed why friends shouldnt get involved are lame, bullshit answers from people with no fucking guts, or just dont care...any other reason they give you ie" not their persona" are fucking bull shit

• 2 weeks later...

What sould i do?-+

i dunno why you would try to help them....they don't want ur help babe..

trust me.....they'll rip u a new ass b-4 they take any good advice from a friend...i had it done to me when i saw one of them...

there not worth helpin b/c they oviously don't want to help themselves...

they'll learn one day....i just hope it won't be to late

• 2 weeks later...

You can do all you want to do. You can take them to rehab. You can ship them to the north pole. You can isolate them in a sanitarium. You can beat the shit out of them.

You can drive yourself crazy trying to get your friends/loved ones/family members clean, but they won't stop until they want to.

They won't stop until THEY see it as a problem. They won't stop unless they have finally been BEATIN' BY THE DOPE. You can beat them all you want. But until the dope beats them down to a pitiful and incomprehensible demoralization, they won't stop.

heroin.. crack... oxy ... i dont care what drug it is or how addictive it is, it can be beat It doesnt happen often because people dont have the financial resources to do what is necessary to get it out of thier system.

First off you have to eliminate the supply....The person has to be sent somewhere where it will be impossible to get the drug. Rehab and prison are not those places... drugs a readily available there.... The best place would be some remote cabin in the woods r something like that. The person has to also have help in dealing with the physical symptoms of withdrawal which are painful just to watch. That person has to be someone that the addict absolutely trusts and respects. The physical pain and suffering will subside over time and this is where many people become fooled... 28 days doesnt reverse the psychological addiction. The addict will need alot of support during this time and should not be left alone untill his life is completely back to normal..... Most important is that you should expect the addict to relapse ... it's almost guaranteed..... at this point people who were helping feel hurt and feel like they're wasting thier time... The relapse is the true test of your committment to help... if you alienate this person during the relapse there is no hope for them on thier own.... If you show that addict that you're going to do whatever it takes to help them it will instill in them that they have a valuable friendship... something to live for.... help them find new ways to occupy thier time... an addict's two worst enemies are cash and boredom. No matter how hard they cry or beg ... DONT EVER GIVE THEM CASH .... If they need something get it for them... food.. clothing etc. nothing more.....

These are all my personal opinions.... I've been through rehab and can honestly say it did absolutely nothing for me. Obviously if you never start using drugs you're much better off since there's not much hope when you develop a serious addiction. There's no hope because nobody cares about a junkie and nobody is willing to do what it takes (financially and physically) to turn them around. Do I still use drugs... yes..I view it the same way as you would view going out for a drink on a friday after work .. but my life has gone from rock bottom to very comfortable over the course of the 7-8 years it's been since I kicked the base habit...Keep one very important thing in mind.. people will say he cant be helped unless he wants to be.... Drug addiction in itself is a cry for help...

I will agree and say that not everyone will recover from alcohol and/or drug addiction. There are such unfortunates. They are

naturally incapable of grasping and developing a manner

of living which demands rigorous honesty. There are those, too, who

suffer from grave emotional and mental disorders, but

many of them do recover if they have the capacity to be

honest.

There is no need to isolate to a cabin in the woods.

Homeless people living in shelters do it, prisoners do it, and believe it or not; people in 28 day rehabs do it too.

However, if a person wants to get sober, and stay sober, the only thing they have to change is everything. If nothing changes, nothing changes.

what you can do is evaluate how much they mean to you. how far are you willing to go. and make sure you love them enough to be ok with them hating you.

i also have two friends who are functioning addicts...functioning meaning they arent dead yet. i let them know i know what they do and gave no shit. just let them know they can always come to me and i will not judge. nor will i give them money. but i will wipe the puke from their faces and the shit off their asses when they decide to kick. i check in on them every so often but all in all there is little i can do. they re grown adults.