Clubplanet Nightlife Community

USA vs Puerto Rico in Olympic Hoops

pookie23

...just shows you how the NBA game has turned to shit!! No fundamentals, no teamwork...all about ME ME ME...

oh, and to all the NBA players that opted out because of security concerns and other BS reasons... :bigfinge::bigfinge:

Represent your GOD DAMNED country...because if it wasn't for your COUNRTY, you wouldn't have a fuckin job!

Pathetic

You know what is pathetic all of the Americans thinking that the Dream Team is unbeatable. Open your eyes and stop been so ignorant the so called Dream Team has been beaten two times by more than fifteen points. Same sign of ignorance that the players have. Everything is like I cant believe it, the USA team getting beat by an underrrated team. Not so fucking underrated when we beat the Dream Team by who knows. Im out, ha, Go Puerto Rico.

I think you guys need to understand that it's not 100% on the caliber of the US Team. The problem relies with the fact that the teams they are playing plays together throughout the year together. They might have the benefit of adding some "NBA" players for the olympics, but their nucleus is pretty much the same. Now you take various players from the NBA and put them on one team (USA) and it will take a while for them to understand playing with each other, different plays, etc. Additionally, the age of these individuals has a lot to do with it as well. Experience was key in the earlier "Team USA" basketball wins. The original dream team was over 30+ years in age versus a paltry 22-23 years in this olympics. Experience would allow these players to transition much easier.

Basketball is a "team" sport...

Funny that you mention the Pistons... I think this USA team could really benefit from Wallace (x2) right now. Plus if I were to get greedy, I would throw down Garnett as well. Not saying the defense is terrible, but I think the USA team is top heavy on offense...

Funny that you mention the Pistons... I think this USA team could really benefit from Wallace (x2) right now. Plus if I were to get greedy, I would throw down Garnett as well. Not saying the defense is terrible, but I think the USA team is top heavy on offense...

ill agree with the wallaces being able to help esp on the boards but saying this team is top heavy on offense,they dont have anyone who can hit the jumper on a consistent basis...watching them against p.r there was no fluidness to there offense whatsoever..........brown should not try and corral this team,there strength is to run cause they sure as hell cant beat any team from the outside

ill agree with the wallaces being able to help esp on the boards but saying this team is top heavy on offense,they dont have anyone who can hit the jumper on a consistent basis...watching them against p.r there was no fluidness to there offense whatsoever..........brown should not try and corral this team,there strength is to run cause they sure as hell cant beat any team from the outside

I did specifically say "offense," not "great shooters" from the perimeter... most of these European teams shoot the ball from the outside... that's their game. I think the US needs to post up more and get these teams into foul trouble quickly. And someone needs to explain to me why they shot the ball from behind the arc so many times... 3-24 I believe.

EDIT: I agree with you on that last comment... run the damn ball! It's like an all-star game with these guys, they will score if they are allowed to "run with the ball."

I did specifically say "offense," not "great shooters" from the perimeter... most of these European teams shoot the ball from the outside... that's their game. I think the US needs to post up more and get these teams into foul trouble quickly. And someone needs to explain to me why they shot the ball from behind the arc so many times... 3-24 I believe.

...especially when the international 3-pt line is three feet shorter than the NBA.

As for the NBA champion going to play - don't think it's possible because most those teams have international stars and they will play for the respective countries.

the play is to blame, but the biggest part of why the US is getting beat is because our best players want nothing to do with playing in the Olympics.

Lets see who sat out this summer: Shaq, Kidd, Garnett, Pierce, Wallace, Carter, Kobe..........kudos to the players that actually have gone out to represent our country because its the players that sat out that are the disgrace to the US, not the players out there even though they looked like they didnt give a shit.

i think the US players were scrwing around with the hot greek mamacitas the night b4 and were just wornt out to play....

Kobe raped a chick so he is probably not allowed to leave the country with the trial/proceedsing, etc. Well, maybe he didn't rape her... :swallow:

They shot 18% from behind the arc. Puerto Rico wasn't even defending our 3 point shots. It truely was painful to watch.

Carlos Arroyo looked nasty, he bitched Amare Stoudamire when he faked that pass into a layup. I hope Amare's ankles are doing okay today.