Clubplanet Nightlife Community

New Club : Caine

Sounds pretty nice...

Raising Cain

Nightlife veteran Jamie Mulholland (Lotus, P.M., Quo) is preparing to unleash a brand new nightclub and lounge on Manhattan this fall. Mulholland’s latest venture, Cain, will be located on West 27th Street in West Chelsea, and is set to open the first or second weekend in October. Word is Mulholland’s recruited designer of the moment Robert McKinley (P.M., Table50) to handle the aesthetics detail; according to a press release from Cain’s publicists, the new, destined-to-be-the-next-hottest-spot’s space will “emulate and reflect the sophisticated and cosmopolitan nature†of Mulholland’s native home of Cape Town.

After returning from a countrywide tour of South Africa with McKinley, Mulholland found himself inspired by the urbane nightclubs and restaurants of Cape Town, and decided to launch a club based on the elements of South Africa – one that captured the essence and artistic nature of the Dark Continent. That club is Cain.

Throughout their travels, Mulholland and McKinley collected skins, horns, and beads that will transform the venue into “an escape from reality,†according to the press release. McKinley described the interior as looking like a “YSL Mombasa handbag that you can dance in.†We’ll just have to wait to see what he’s talking about.

The club, which will be a split-level with a maximum occupancy of 400 bodies, has a few celebrity owners as well, “but none that we will discuss,†says Steve Kasuba, Cain’s publicist. He did say that the club will be ultra exclusive, and extremely hard to get into – “The whole venue will be VIP,†he explains.

In other nightclub news, it seems Noel Ashman’s, at long last, decided on a name for his new club – to be housed in the former shell of Nell’s. He’s calling it N.A., and the club’s pre-grand opening party’s slated for September 7th. Ashman’s teamed up with several celebrities in this new venture: among them, former New Kid Joey McIntyre, former Yankees and current Orioles pitcher Jason Grimsley, Sex in the City star Chris Noth, former Yankee David Wells, and Swimfan star Jesse Bradford.

Also, it appears there’s another new club on the horizon for New York. Sources say Select, a new lounge on West 24th Street, will open late next month, and will be managed by Joe Vicari, a former partner in Show.

wasteof time and space and energy at places like this. Its cool if you like to chill with THAT TYPE OF CROWD then go ahead but mostly people on hear are MUSIC first and could care less who desinged it and what celbrities are helping out. BOTTLES AND MODEL places= PRANCERS NON DANCERS so no thank you. As for the whole hot women thingy after a while of fucking you learn its no big deal.

wasteof time and space and energy at places like this. Its cool if you like to chill with THAT TYPE OF CROWD then go ahead but mostly people on hear are MUSIC first and could care less who desinged it and what celbrities are helping out. BOTTLES AND MODEL places= PRANCERS NON DANCERS so no thank you. As for the whole hot women thingy after a while of fucking you learn its no big deal.

i agree....

i saw more hot chics in 718 and at cielo on sat nite than i did in marquee when i went a month ago.....

keep passing the stuck up model bitches to the left :rolleyes:

give me a nice flexible energetic dancer and we talking :D

i forgot to mention that iwas inside NELLS last thursday one of the silent partners showed me around. But it still looked very raw and would be suprise if they did finish up for opening. But he told me its gonna be strictly bottle service type o fplace on the main floor and that hes gonnna suggest to maybe make it into some music heads space downstairs.

Sounds pretty nice...

Raising Cain

Nightlife veteran Jamie Mulholland (Lotus, P.M., Quo) is preparing to unleash a brand new nightclub and lounge on Manhattan this fall. Mulholland’s latest venture, Cain, will be located on West 27th Street in West Chelsea, and is set to open the first or second weekend in October. Word is Mulholland’s recruited designer of the moment Robert McKinley (P.M., Table50) to handle the aesthetics detail; according to a press release from Cain’s publicists, the new, destined-to-be-the-next-hottest-spot’s space will “emulate and reflect the sophisticated and cosmopolitan nature†of Mulholland’s native home of Cape Town.

After returning from a countrywide tour of South Africa with McKinley, Mulholland found himself inspired by the urbane nightclubs and restaurants of Cape Town, and decided to launch a club based on the elements of South Africa – one that captured the essence and artistic nature of the Dark Continent. That club is Cain.

Throughout their travels, Mulholland and McKinley collected skins, horns, and beads that will transform the venue into “an escape from reality,†according to the press release. McKinley described the interior as looking like a “YSL Mombasa handbag that you can dance in.†We’ll just have to wait to see what he’s talking about.

The club, which will be a split-level with a maximum occupancy of 400 bodies, has a few celebrity owners as well, “but none that we will discuss,†says Steve Kasuba, Cain’s publicist. He did say that the club will be ultra exclusive, and extremely hard to get into – “The whole venue will be VIP,†he explains.

In other nightclub news, it seems Noel Ashman’s, at long last, decided on a name for his new club – to be housed in the former shell of Nell’s. He’s calling it N.A., and the club’s pre-grand opening party’s slated for September 7th. Ashman’s teamed up with several celebrities in this new venture: among them, former New Kid Joey McIntyre, former Yankees and current Orioles pitcher Jason Grimsley, Sex in the City star Chris Noth, former Yankee David Wells, and Swimfan star Jesse Bradford.

Also, it appears there’s another new club on the horizon for New York. Sources say Select, a new lounge on West 24th Street, will open late next month, and will be managed by Joe Vicari, a former partner in Show.

i hope somebody firebombs this place.. fuck all these glitzy and glammy clubs... i think my ideal club is as follows...

a foldable table holding up 2 turntables and a mixer (NO CD'S!!!!!)

4 brick walls

high ceiling

wooden floor with cigarette butts all over it

lots of bass

and maybe a strobe light or two...

THERE!!! that's a club.. no more.. no less.. just DARK and DIRTY

no fucking fancy blue waterfalls.. $6000 gatorskin couches.. abstract art pieces, vip tables, bottles of champagne, high heels, limo's pulling up in front etc. etc. :ghey: