Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What if Miami...

philippio

...were to have a new nightclub but designed reminiscent of one of the world's famous clubs of the past (with similar music formats)...

-The Hacienda in Manchester

-Limelight in NYC (in the period leading up to the Club Kids)

-Twilo in NYC

-Warehouse in Chicago

Would you go on a regular basis? Do you think Miami's nightcrawlers would know and understand what it's all about? Would such a venue survive? :D

NO

those clubs werent legacies because of there designs and whatnots,

they were legendary because of the patrons and their willingness to support the music and dj's.

its all about making a vibe .......

thats what those space were known for, the sick vibe you got when you were there......

just putting aside all the hassles of everyday b.s life, leaving the drama at the door, not worrying about the whole "to be seen and glamour thing"

but just to go and be yourself and dance like no one was watching.

there's plenty of great space's in miami, its just what you do with it

and the ora thats created

just my .02 cents

...were to have a new nightclub but designed reminiscent of one of the world's famous clubs of the past (with similar music formats)...

-Twilo in NYC

-Warehouse in Chicago

Would you go on a regular basis? Do you think Miami's nightcrawlers would know and understand what it's all about? Would such a venue survive? :D

mnn wouldn't work...although Amika is poppin off and thats in the old Shadow Lounge Spot...where others have failed BADLY....they have renovated and are having great success....though they aren't trying to follow the Shadow lounge music format. I do hear that some people from chicago are very interested in doing a series of parties though.

I agree its all about the vibe, and its unlikely the vibe in these legendary clubs could be replicated today, here in Miami especially. Not that I've been to all these places during their hey-day, but I do know that vibe and there are a very select few parties here these days that live up to it.

Rather than trying to copy the supposed "good old days", I'd rather see a club that leads to the future. An innovator. Someone with *new* ideas.

-Twilo in NYC

-Warehouse in Chicago

never been to any of the above clubs but as much as i would love to think it would work in miami it prolly wont. the everyday crowd just wants to be seen. very few know or understand the music. I for one would go on a regular basis as would everyone on the boards but we dont even make like 1/1 of 1% of the clubbers in miami. so I dont think it would work.

What space and crobar have done for the past 4 years is truly an amazing feat. :bowdown:

never been to any of the above clubs but as much as i would love to think it would work in miami it prolly wont. the everyday crowd just wants to be seen. very few know or understand the music. I for one would go on a regular basis as would everyone on the boards but we dont even make like 1/1 of 1% of the clubbers in miami. so I dont think it would work.

What space and crobar have done for the past 4 years is truly an amazing feat. :bowdown:

1/1 of 1%??? That's 1% genius! Where did YOU learn math? :D

u obviously never made it out of south florida too much.

why because I habe not been to the places that you been too. Ok let me start here. My afterhours experience.

1-The Mix

2-Groove Jet

3-Twilo

4-Follies Pigalle -Paris France

5-Red Light -Paris france

6-Red -Puerto Rico

7-Lazer -Puerto Rico

8-Cyber Zone -Orlando

9- Clubs in Ibiza

Many underground Loft parties in Chicago and surroundings cities. Ive been around. If I dont like Twilo doesnt mean I have not been around. I like the MIX because it was a small venue with great atmosphere. Twilo was too big. Too many chinese people.LOL

u obviously never made it out of south florida too much.

why because I habe not been to the places that you been too. Ok let me start here. My afterhours experience.

1-The Mix

2-Groove Jet

3-Twilo

4-Follies Pigalle -Paris France

5-Red Light -Paris france

6-Red -Puerto Rico

7-Rex -Paris

7-Lazer -Puerto Rico

8-Cyber Zone -Orlando

9- Clubs in Ibiza

Many underground Loft parties in Chicago and surroundings cities. Ive been around. If I dont like Twilo doesnt mean I have not been around. I like the MIX because it was a small venue with great atmosphere. Twilo was too big. Too many chinese people.LOL