Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Protein pudding... awesome

So I saw an article in Muscle and Fitness recently for Stallone's new product line and one item that drew my attention was the protein pudding... but at like $3.00 a can/serving, that shit is just ridiculous. So - since I am trying to bulk up (goal is ten "as clean as possible" pounds over the next forty-five days) I need alternative ways to increase protein intake throughout the day without drinking more than two shakes :vomit2: .

1 - Box of Vanilla Fat Free/Sugar Free Jello Pudding (Instant Pudding - no carbs/sugar) $0.99

1 - Cup of Skim Milk ($3.40/gallon or $0.43/cup)

1.5 - Cups of Cold Water ($0)

2 - Scoops/servings OPTIMUM 100% Whey Protein Vanilla ($55.69/10lb bag or $0.36/scoop)

* Makes two servings and costs approximately $1.07 per serving.

Protein Content - 8 grams from milk and 23 (2x) grams from powder

Total of 54grams or approximately 25grams per serving.

Tastes exactly like pudding, just not as thick... :drool:

Almost forgot, concerning the mixture...

1 - I placed the contents of the Jello box into a large bowl with the cup of milk and mixed both thoroughly for around 30 seconds.

2 - I then added the two scoops of protein powder and 1.5 cups of water and beat the mixture with a wire wisk for another 1 - 2 minutes. Luckily this protein (O.N.) mixes pretty well compared to other proteins that I have tried; however, you need the time and wisk to make sure it blends better.

Bulls - your welcome!

I'll post anymore crafty meals that I can think of... best thing about this is that it is a dessert that's high in protein and low in carbs/fat. :)

I'll let you know when I get home tonight... Carbs are 3grams (2x) from the protein and I believe 12grams total from a glass of skim milk.

That would be around 9grams of carbs per each serving.

I will find out the calories in both the protein and the Jello.

Thats a good idea. I'm confused on the box of pudding.....I thought pudding came in a container. Or is that what you mean?

No the pudding that comes in a box is in powder form.

Now that it comes to think of it, you could buy the already made pudding, BUT chances are they might not have (1) no carb/fat versions and (2) it will be much harder to mix if you are not doing it from scratch... try mixing protein powder into a batter... I guarantee you that it will clump up.

got any idea on the calorie count?

Bullseye - here is what we are looking at

1 - Box Jello Fat Free / Sugar Free Instant Vanilla Pudding

100 Calories, 12 grams of Carbs, 0 grams of Protein

1 - Cup of Skim Milk

110 calories, 12 grams of Carbs, 8 grams of Protein

2 - Scoops of Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Protein Powder

220 calories, 3 grams of Fat (1.0 Sat), 6 grams of Carbs, 46 Protein

TOTAL for two servings:

430 calories, 3 grams of fat, 30 grams of Carbs, 54 grams of Protein

PER SERVING:

215 calories, 1.5g Fat, 15g Carbs, 27g Protein

* Guess it was higher in carbs than I thought, but 15 is still relatively low and for a dessert... very, very low...

You bastard!

Fuck I thought my price from bodybuilding.com was good. I will check out your place next time. Either way, compared to the price you would pay at GNC for lower quality protein, it is rather cheap even if you paid $75 for a 10lb bag. I will check your site out later though... thanks!

Bullseye - here is what we are looking at

1 - Box Jello Fat Free / Sugar Free Instant Vanilla Pudding

100 Calories, 12 grams of Carbs, 0 grams of Protein

1 - Cup of Skim Milk

110 calories, 12 grams of Carbs, 8 grams of Protein

2 - Scoops of Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Protein Powder

220 calories, 3 grams of Fat (1.0 Sat), 6 grams of Carbs, 46 Protein

TOTAL for two servings:

430 calories, 3 grams of fat, 30 grams of Carbs, 54 grams of Protein

PER SERVING:

215 calories, 1.5g Fat, 15g Carbs, 27g Protein

* Guess it was higher in carbs than I thought, but 15 is still relatively low and for a dessert... very, very low...

alot of calories, but not that bad either. thanks homie

alot of calories, but not that bad either. thanks homie

You could cut out the skim milk, but I think that helps the pudding stay a little thicker than if you mixed it with 100% water. Cutting the milk would save you 55 calories per serving, but you will also lose 6grams of protein as well.

You could cut out the skim milk, but I think that helps the pudding stay a little thicker than if you mixed it with 100% water. Cutting the milk would save you 55 calories per serving, but you will also lose 6grams of protein as well.

i was gonna cut it out anyway, i dont drink milk. probably will lose some of its creaminess this way, but im gonna give it a shot.

I'm not sure how creatine helps in the digestion of protein.

As for adding other supplements to mixture (including creatine or glutamine)... I would advise not doing so since the key to this recipe is keeping the flavor of the protein without making it grainy. Key is to keep a single type of food that you won't get sick of... therefore it has to taste great like it's original form.

You could however, make a Jello creatine dessert. That was what I was thinking about trying out next! Definitely would be no protein benefits and strictly creatine... but you could always mix creatine with a shake so it could be pointless since your body will benefit only from so much...

If anyone has any wierd recipes they would like to share, feel free to post away since I am willing to try them.

why dont u take creatine to help u digest all that protien.......

i dont have any problem digesting protein, milk just makes me :yuck: . and creatine was an expensive experiment, and i didnt even need it. i put on 10 pounds of muscle after i stopped thinking this was gonna be the poor man's steroids. i'm still 195 lbs. solid with or without it. save ur money. the only thing i take in excess is protein, in any type of form: chicken, fish, mixes, shakes, etc...

creatine helps transport protien thru ur body, unlike glutemin which many people are allergic to but dont know that....now if u take high-dosage protein say like 3, 55gm of protein in a shake servings along with ur regular meals then ur body would normally pass the excessive protein, if u take creatine, it helps ur body absorb phenomal amounts of proteins. for instance if u want to gain weight, I suggest take more than 200gms of proteins a day (assuming u weigh 195lbs).

i dont have any problem digesting protein, milk just makes me :yuck: . and creatine was an expensive experiment, and i didnt even need it. i put on 10 pounds of muscle after i stopped thinking this was gonna be the poor man's steroids. i'm still 195 lbs. solid with or without it. save ur money. the only thing i take in excess is protein, in any type of form: chicken, fish, mixes, shakes, etc...

creatine helps transport protien thru ur body, unlike glutemin which many people are allergic to but dont know that....now if u take high-dosage protein say like 3, 55gm of protein in a shake servings along with ur regular meals then ur body would normally pass the excessive protein, if u take creatine, it helps ur body absorb phenomal amounts of proteins. for instance if u want to gain weight, I suggest take more than 200gms of proteins a day (assuming u weigh 195lbs).

why dont u take creatine to help u digest all that protien.......

This is the first time I have ever heard of this. You must provide us with some evidence. Here is what I found on creatine.

Creatine (Cr) is one of the basic muscle energy stores, particularly in fast twitch glycolytic fibers. During exercise, phosphorylated creatine (PCr) is thought to be an immediate source for high energy phosphate groups with which to replenish ATP. There is some evidence to suggest that creatine only contributes significantly to ATP replenishment for the first few seconds of intense activity. Since PCr is generated from Cr by ATP, an ATP shortage will inhibit PCr synthesis.

The only reason to supplement with creatine is to provide short term energy burst while training (especially weight training).

Nautica

This is the first time I have ever heard of this. You must provide us with some evidence. Here is what I found on creatine.

Creatine (Cr) is one of the basic muscle energy stores, particularly in fast twitch glycolytic fibers. During exercise, phosphorylated creatine (PCr) is thought to be an immediate source for high energy phosphate groups with which to replenish ATP. There is some evidence to suggest that creatine only contributes significantly to ATP replenishment for the first few seconds of intense activity. Since PCr is generated from Cr by ATP, an ATP shortage will inhibit PCr synthesis.

The only reason to supplement with creatine is to provide short term energy burst while training (especially weight training).

Nautica

stuff is a waste of money