Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Spirit saturdays turning from 21 to 18 to get in...

NO WAY they are retarded if that happens...i can see it now...

Associated Press (AP):

NEW YORK- Yet another New York City nightclub was shut down this past Saturday night, adding to the list of city hotspots that have been closed due to drug contamination in the past year. Spirit, 26th b/t 10th and 11th, was closed after a Free Love party Saturday led to 8 overdoses by kids ranging from 15-19 on the date rape drug "GHB". One patron was found unconcious next to a dumpster outside of a back door, suggesting that bouncers threw the child out the door to avoid responsibility. The patron was found wearing an undersized armani exchange tank top, fake gucci sunglasses, and had more holes in his jeans than in his brain after his rough night. Authorities say the teen had white sticky residue on his face, suggesting a violent rape. However, the teen replied from the comfort of his hospital room that "it was my icespiker".

In other news, DJ Johnathon Peters left his residency at Spirit and will hold a yearly resident DJ position at birthday parties for all SF and Spirit patrons who fit the description above.

yea young kids can be irresponsible, but black was 21 and that still got shut down on the first night... i donno i mean yea you dont want to be in a club with 16 year olds running around, but if it 18+ and strictly enforced at the door, that is totally cool because a lot of 18-20 year olds can still have a good time wihtout being too stupid.

Yes there is some immature 21+ people, but the percentage is alot lower then the 18+ age group. But either way the jp attracts a ceratin type of crowd for the most part, i dont think it really matters what the age restrictions are.

Anyone know what time this party closes down. Is it even afterhours at all.

about 7:45 or so on regular weeks, closer to 9 on them nites

and no spirit is still strictly 21+, however you friend might have been talking about the fact that lots of 18 year olds get in by putting a $20 under their ID at the door

Yes there is some immature 21+ people, but the percentage is alot lower then the 18+ age group. But either way the jp attracts a ceratin type of crowd for the most part, i dont think it really matters what the age restrictions are.

There is NO way Sats at Spirit will change to include the 18 + crowd!! Unless they give a doorman some flow, the 18 + crowd will be left out. I don't think all of the 18+ crowd is immature, but a majority are though. I don't think an 18+ crowd will be good for JP's nights. Unless the night is pretty slow for weeks. It doesn't seem to be the case though. I think most of the 18+ crowd (if they were allowed to particpate) would be in the hip hop room rather than the main floor.