Clubplanet Nightlife Community

yanks already done with loaiza

jtk4

Funny you say that, because I'm sure that's your biggest nightmare also. :)

after all these years of dissapointment, you really think the sox spend sleepless nites coz of the yamkees??? think again buddy. just the fact that the twins gave you all you can handle in this series is proof enuff the sox can your asses on a platter..that said.... get ready for then Angels...hope n pray they dont sweep or win the series..we are hot on ya tracks. Get ready to sweat everynite...courtesy of the mighty RED SOX !!!!!!!!

after all these years of dissapointment, you really think the sox spend sleepless nites coz of the yamkees??? think again buddy. just the fact that the twins gave you all you can handle in this series is proof enuff the sox can your asses on a platter..that said.... get ready for then Angels...hope n pray they dont sweep or win the series..we are hot on ya tracks. Get ready to sweat everynite...courtesy of the mighty RED SOX !!!!!!!!

LOL

Mighty... Is that what we're calling a .500 team since April nowadays??

BWAHAHHAHHHHAHH

yes the Redsox have spent 85 yrs of losing sleep cause thats all they do , Obsess over the yanks.

WORRY about your own team and their countless faiures and chokings over the past 85 yrs

well take care of our end...dont worry

Where did you get your source from jtk4?

Its listed in the rumor mill on Foxsports.com via NY post

so as of now strictly rumor , hell get a few more starts im sure

August 20, 2004 -- MINNEAPOLIS — If GM Brian Cashman gets an offer he likes from the Rangers for Esteban Loaiza, there is a strong chance George Steinbrenner will nix the deal.

"They have not come to me," The Boss told The Post yesterday, one day after The Post reported the Yankees and Rangers have swapped names in a proposed deal. "And if they do I may not approve it. I haven't seen enough of Loaiza."

Cashman received a list of four Rangers minor leaguers to pick from in exchange for Loaiza, the struggling right-hander acquired from the White Sox for Jose Contreras on July 31. The Rangers asked this week about starter Jon Lieber and reliever Scot Proctor. Steinbrenner wasn't asked his feelings about a possible deal for Lieber.

The Rangers are desperate for another starter since, after Ryan Drese and Kenny Rogers, they don't have much as they try to win the AL West or cop the Wild Card bid. They are second to the A's by one-half game in the division and were tied with the Red Sox in the Wild Card race.

Without knowing Steinbrenner's position, the Rangers believed they had a "50-50" chance of landing Loaiza. The Rangers included Double-A infielder Jason Bourgeois, Triple-A utilityman Ramon Navar and Triple-A pitchers Ryan Snare and Sam Narron on the list for the Yankees to pick one or two.

"This is the season of rumors," Cashman said. "I am not denying clubs are asking about our players."

Steinbrenner's faith in Loazia has to be akin to a horse player's hunch, because the 32-year-old veteran hasn't shown much in three starts in pinstripes. He won 21 games and was runner-up in the AL Cy Young race last year, but is 0-1 with a 6.75 ERA as a Yankee and has allowed 23 hits and nine walks in 171/3 innings. Since he isn't expected back next year and is a long shot to be part of the Yankees' October roster, it makes sense to get something for him.

Loaiza, who is slated to start tomorrow against the Angels at Yankee Stadium, said he would be stunned if dealt.

"I am a Yankee. What else can I say?" Loaiza said. "I would be disappointed, but that's baseball. I haven't done a good job."

Loaiza said trade talk was new to him.

"I haven't heard anything," Loaiza said. "I am just trying to do the best job possible."

after all these years of dissapointment, you really think the sox spend sleepless nites coz of the yamkees???

No not because of the Yankees.. because of Texas and Anaheim who are hot on your ass for the wild card.

Hell.. even Cleveland is closer to your team in the wild card race than the Red Sox are to the Yankees.. :laugh:

slow down, i was just posting what i read.

For the first time in a while the yanks are not built for the playoffs. You need great pitching, defence, and timly hitting. Right now the yanks are winning just like the rangers used to win in the late 90's, a stupid lineup that makes bad pitchers cry. In the playoffs when teams face good pitching you see where the team is at.

Been a good season so far, we both have had injuries, we are getting payback from last year, something like 900 dl days or something. last year we had 400, and that was mostly giambi.

I see you guys got spencer back :)

the angels gave the yamkees a drubbing last nite.. even georgieboy was so ashamed by the mercernaries performance that he ordered the tv-yes network guys to pull the plug b4 the end of the game. Nice try with "power failure" excuse. 5 zip !!!

With the way the yamkees have been playing lately, fuck the wildcard, we are going for the whole thing.... :)

baseball is all about slumps and hot streaks. the yanks are not playing good right now, and they were not playing good at the beginning of the season either. Ups and downs, that is the way it goes.

they are up 7 and we still have 6 games against each other. :spin: