Clubplanet Nightlife Community

*********hey anyone else hear bout the CAFFEINE reunion party....

Caffeine Reunion Friday September 17, 2004

In 1991 a diverse Underground Dance Culture was just beginning to come together. Caffeine was created to nurture and expand on that culture. In the process, it became one of the most influential and groundbreaking clubs on the East coast. As the first weekly underground club in the New York, Caffeine cultivated some of today's top DJ talents. The doors to Caffeine have been closed since 1995 but many have longed for them to open again. The wait is over. The original Long Island underground has surfaced once again. Caffeine is back again for a one night only reunion.

Micro

Frankie Bones

Scott Henry

Onionz

X-Dream

Dave Trance

Doors: 9PM-5AM

Ticket price: $20 in advance | More @ the door.

*PLEASE PURCHASE TICKETS IN ADVANCE. THIS EVENT WILL SELL OUT. BE SURE TO ONLY PURCHASE TICKETS FROM THE OUTLETS LISTED BELOW.

Ticket Locations:

NYC

Satellite-212-995-1744

LONG ISLAND

East/West 631-451-0034

Music Industry 631-547-7283

Funtazia 516-520-0090

NJ

Café Sounds 973-509-2233

VIP Records 732-866-9984

PENNSYLVANIA

611 Records 215-413-3150

MASSACHUSETTS

Satellite 617-536-5482

CONNECTICUT

Spiritual Emporium 860-524-9719

www.ticketweb.com

2686 Hempstead Turnpike | Levittown, NY 11756 | 516.520.1332

Directions:

From New Jersey/Staten Island/Brooklyn

Take the Belt parkway east to Southern state parkway east. Take Southern state parkway to Wantagh parkway North (exit 27N). Wantagh parkway north to exit number W3 E towards route 24 east/Farmingdale. Turn left onto Loring Rd. Make a quick right turn into parking lot behind OTB. The club is next door to OTB.

From NYC/Queens

I-495 east (L.I.E) to Northern parkway east (exit 38 towards Meadowbrook parkway). Merge onto Wantagh pkwy via exit number 33 towards Jones Beach. Wantagh parkway to exit number W3 E towards route 24 east/Farmingdale. Turn right on Hempstead Turnpike. Turn right at first traffice light onto Loring Rd. Make a quick left turn into parking lot behind OTB. The club is next door to OTB.

From Eastern Long Island

I-495 west (L.I.E) to Northern parkway west (exit 38 towards Meadowbrook parkway). Merge onto Wantagh pkwy via exit number 33 towards Jones Beach. Wantagh parkway to exit number W3 E towards route 24 east/Farmingdale. Turn right on Hempstead Turnpike. Turn right at first traffice light onto Loring Rd. Turn right onto Loring Rd. Make a quick left turn into parking lot behind OTB. The club is next door to OTB.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::bounce:

This sounds like so much fun!!! Micro, X-dream, and Pleasurehead have been HUGE favorites of mine from the very beginning... i wish it wasn't the same night as Howells and Tenaglia....ugh

damn that sucks, i REALLY dislike tenglia, that s why i will not be there, i would like to see howells by himself :spin:

oooh. sounds fun. i lost contact with a lot of people that went, i hope they come so i can see them again. you don't notice enough how people have an effect on you...........i am wery on the venue, i hate that place. i'll give it a go.....you peps better come to make is a great night..........

..........................p.s. will they bring the bus too? i'll bring the smokes :bounce:

\

Im so glad somemone else agrees with me!

im also not into dt.. or howells for that matter...

im definitely gonna check this out... like daniela said i started edm with micro, xdream and pleasurehead... i think they all spun at the first party i went to... i hope they do sets from that time... that'd be sweet..

was caffeine also a club?? i used to buy records there occasionally when it was in massapequa but i didnt know if there was an actual caffeine club... regardless.... im there.. probably solo..

how old are you?

obviously not old enough to have gone to caffiene,

this way before my time, heres my view on it,

this is like 15 minutes from where i live, the only things we have on LI are the crazy donkey and mirage (nuff said) i drive a hour to the city every weekend and some, for similar partys, anything that happens on LI,im all about supporting...... :clap2:

besides iv seen all the all these djs already (cept for trance) i know EXACTLY what to expect, i already know the partys going to be good,

plus drinks that cost 10$ in the city are like 5 here

im also not into dt.. or howells for that matter...

im definitely gonna check this out... like daniela said i started edm with micro, xdream and pleasurehead... i think they all spun at the first party i went to... i hope they do sets from that time... that'd be sweet..

was caffeine also a club?? i used to buy records there occasionally when it was in massapequa but i didnt know if there was an actual caffeine club... regardless.... im there.. probably solo..

massapequa is the town i live in, i know what yuor talking about, that place was on Front street

from what i understand from ppl who went there when it was a party at some club out in Dix hills, LI has a looong history in the underground scene, there used to be a lot of partys out here, (BEFORE MY TIME)

after the caffeine partys stopped they opened up that clothing store

Caffeine and Voodoo were on Grand Blvd in Deer Park. It closed in late 1994 early 1995. The store originally called Bugg Clothing and Backdoor Records was changed to Caffeine, The Store in 1999 or so. The whole purpose of creating Caffeine the nightclub was to give those who didn't feel comfortable in the college/guido/black clubs and bars somewhere to go and feel like they belonged. Caffeine was held on Friday Nights and Voodoo was held on Saturday Nights. We continued the Caffeine vibe by opening Pure and Area 51 in Huntington. Pure was Thursday Nights Area 51 Was on Saturday Nights. After that was over we moved to Fabulous Jacks in Island Park where we began Natural and 2 years Later React. There is a short history on Caffeine. Consequently I now run a nightclub called 2686 where the Caffeine and Voodoo Reunion will be held. The nightclub is different than any other on Long Island. Coming in September, Nation starts on Friday nights. As for the rest of the nights of the week: Tuesday=Latin Night, Wednesday=Gay/Lesbian Night, Thursday=College Night, Friday=Nation, Saturday Night=Ritual

caffeineflyer.jpg

voodooflyer.jpg

Yeah I saw a flyer for this in East/West in Ronkonkoma this weekend, I am there for this. Going to be a dope night. Yeah the Danny's will be playing but how much is MADE charging for that event. Besides this party is going to be dope.. Been awhile since I have seen these guys spin... Looking forward to a great night.

MO

massapequa is the town i live in, i know what yuor talking about, that place was on Front street

from what i understand from ppl who went there when it was a party at some club out in Dix hills, LI has a looong history in the underground scene, there used to be a lot of partys out here, (BEFORE MY TIME)

after the caffeine partys stopped they opened up that clothing store

i have family in massapequa park... nice area.. i could probably throw a rock from their house and hit the old caffeine.. i used to go out there a lot to visit but once that store closed i didn't go as much.. ill probably be spending the night there because it's a long drive back to staten island after putting back a few drinks... unless i go for the oh so classy camping out in the back of my truck move...

Yesss

Caffiene was in Deer Park...remember drivin out htere form queens thinkin i was way out in the sticks

Now i live out here ...my times have changed

ONIONZZZZZZZZZZZZZZz

And Xdream times have changed ...now theres an adult XXX shop in deer park called Xdreams

• 3 years later...