Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Best Sound System In NYC?

Twilo is hands down the best

Vinyl is pretty good too but i think exit has the second best in the city

LL is good but it used to be terrible. At the first GC in september it sounded really good and loud and i was very surprised. I think GC must have done something w/ the sound, adjusting the acoustics or whatever but it sounded good

-Rob

------------------

"No sane man will dance" - Cicero -

hmr3.gif

Phazon...all digital...combined with some of the best DJs on this planet...really how can you go wrong with that???

For the non-believers - just show up for PvD tomorrow, and you shall see!

But...for the best show, just watch Sasha on the decks.

------------------

Music saved my soul!

Thank GAWD for Twilo!

[This message has been edited by raver_mania (edited 11-09-2000).]

Originally posted by mattyparsons:

twilo is the only club i've ever been to where i can hear the next day. everywhere else i get cotton ear for a day or two.

That's the greatness of Phazon.......

Mikey

------------------

Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger......

Media32975.jpg

TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cwm23.gifcwm23.gifcwm23.gif

------------------

A man makes his sunshine, and he makes his rain. Look at what you have, and where you are, before you say, "I've had a horrible day" Appreciate what you have, and realize how much others wish they could have that much. Live Life, and LOVE IT! --Me

"The Suspense is TERRIBLE....i hope it'll last!" -Willy Wonka

Sleep...Ah..Those little slices of death. How i loath them. - Edgar Allan Poe

flash.jpg

a true test of any system is whether straight-up techno sounds good on it. . .

went to Exit, and while it's a great design, it didn't really thrill me too much. . . loud, but a bit harsh. . .

never been to Vinyl. . .

i agree that Limelight had it kickin' the last Gatecrasher night. . . they did something to the system, and should they keep it up, i'll be going back much more. . .

but the hands down best is Twilo. Phazon is next to godliness. . . and Carl Cox and Richie Hawtin both sound like butter in that room. . . warm thumping techno with so many levels. . . arrrgghhhh!! love it. cwm35.gif

------------------

i wanna give you everything, i wanna give you energy. . .

what about the worst sound system?

i'd have to say the nagging hole of a mouth that the last girl i dated had.

the hairs on neck stood up, my ears hurt and would ring for days on end, my stomach would just churn to no end... tongue.gif

------------------

you can judge the quality and content of one's character by the way they treat someone that can do nothing for them...

twilo no doubt. but you have to consider that although exit and LL systems cant compare, they do a good job given the difficult task of trying to tune a system to such cavernous environments, without using any sound deadening on the walls.

I don't know HOW MANY different posts we have to have before we realize the ANSWER to the this question.

TWILO!! TWILO!! TWILLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOO!!!!!

BlueAngel

------------------

“No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power.” - P.J. O’Rourke angel.gif