Clubplanet Nightlife Community

how you see yourself

lafemcaliente

as opposed to how others see you..

everyone im sure is comfortable with themselves by now, so when you get a compliment, or if someone throws a derogatory comment your way.. you know how to handle it. but what if you have a misconstrued view of yourself, if you dont think very highly of yourself and yet others do? or vice versa? should you maybe subject yourself to be more open to others opinions or just keep thinking you know better than everyone else?

everyone im sure is comfortable with themselves by now, so when you get a compliment, or if someone throws a derogatory comment your way.. you know how to handle it. but what if you have a misconstrued view of yourself, if you dont think very highly of yourself and yet others do? or vice versa? should you maybe subject yourself to be more open to others opinions or just keep thinking you know better than everyone else?

ideally, yes, those with misconstrued self images should open to opinions and ideas, etc.

either people go further down the spiral and things get worse or they break out of whatever issue or obstacle that is in their mind. alot of the time its alot deeper that how they feel about their physical attributes...sometimes they need help too...whether from a friend, an enemy, a simple statement that really hits home, or whatever.

and i think there are many more people that think less of themselves than otherwise.

How does one determine if their opinions of themselves are misconstrued??

i would consider myself shy having low self esteem to a certain extent. i mean i'm not a bad looking guy nor a great looking guy but cause of this i don't tend to approch girls that much and when i end up doing so, we end up becoming friends. well yeah i do have a good personality but i'm not a big muscular guy and in clubs they seem to have the most luck and a skinny guy like me gets left out... but nowadays it seems that girls are just interested in looks as opposed to personality and other characteristics...

i'm not a big muscular guy and in clubs they seem to have the most luck and a skinny guy like me gets left out... but nowadays it seems that girls are just interested in looks as opposed to personality and other characteristics...

really? i dunno man...i think its all about personality...there's been soooo many instances where i've seen the well built guys just standing around looking while the average looking skinny guys are busy grinding and freaking the hottest chix on the dancefloor lol...

i'm not a big muscular guy and in clubs they seem to have the most luck and a skinny guy like me gets left out... but nowadays it seems that girls are just interested in looks as opposed to personality and other characteristics...

really? i dunno man...i think its all about personality...there's been soooo many instances where i've seen the well built guys just standing around looking while the average looking skinny guys are busy grinding with and getting freaked by the hottest chix on the dancefloor lol...

well i guess it's true if those guys just stand on the side watching every1 dance but if on the dance floor they will pick up girls... it all varys i guess one excuse which i see girls use alot is i'm hot...then i end up seeing them 5 minutes later dancing with some built guy..i mean why can't they just they they don't want to dance instead of using excuses?..this is where the looks over characteristics comes in

really? i dunno man...i think its all about personality...there's been soooo many instances where i've seen the well built guys just standing around looking while the average looking skinny guys are busy grinding with and getting freaked by the hottest chix on the dancefloor lol...

How does one determine if their opinions of themselves are misconstrued??

beauty is in the eye of the beholder..

take myself for example, i have a model type bone structure, very small and very petite.. and to some men i would be very attractive, while others would have a difference in opinion if they were into girls who were a little more vulumptuous(sp). not to say that either is wrong, its just a matter of opinion. regardless of opinions i know how i feel about myself and am comfortable and have come to terms with my looks. taking in the good with the bad will ultimately make you more confident all around, put things into a perspective of sorts.

but what im talking about specifically is that when someone is good looking, whether they be your type or not, its just a statement of fact. you should give credit where credit is due. on the same token, personality traits can be evaluated the same way.. if someone is particularly funny, articulate, sensative, charasmatic, outgoing etc. then regardless of whether those traits are viewed to a particular person as being sexy, they just are, on a larger scale.

i think that if you look good then you should have the confidence enough to project your self image as so, but i think that overindulgance in cockyness is absurd. likewise with personality traits. everyone posseses different traits about themselves that are sexy and attractive. and you should build yourself up on those things and be proud of yourself..

specifically, this thread was geared toward in individual whom i know.. personally i think they are very very attractive and yet they disagree with me and dont have the same projection of themselves. i think that not feeling good about yourself is the first downfall, everyone everywhere has something special and unique that makes them stand out amongst others... and sometimes they dont see these things. its a shame.. sometimes i think you need to re-enforce things to people when they dont have a good sense of the wonderful things about them

Guest gabo
beauty is in the eye of the beholder..

specifically, this thread was geared toward in individual whom i know.. personally i think they are very very attractive and yet they disagree with me and dont have the same projection of themselves. i think that not feeling good about yourself is the first downfall, everyone everywhere has something special and unique that makes them stand out amongst others... and sometimes they dont see these things. its a shame.. sometimes i think you need to re-enforce things to people when they dont have a good sense of the wonderful things about them

who is this about?

not to sound conceded, but when someone says i'm handsome, it doesnt always register.

I've been told thousands of times that I'm beautiful, but I never really believe it myself. Part of that of course is men hitting on me, so surely it must be bunk :laugh: Half the time I dont care, and the other half I feel like a goofy teenager...

I like when people notice my intelligence, because I always knew underneath my kinda carefree exterior is an intellectually curious mind. If someone is honest w/ me about me, and I respect their opinion, I'll listen, and process it. On the other hand, if it's just some jealous loser trying to bring me down to their level, they just make me laugh, and realize I'm better than I thought to inspire such hate! ;) I'm too self-concious to be oblivious to myself. I'm quiet around ppl I don't know too well, so surely their perception of me is not real. In time they realize I LOVE to goof around and am very deeply commpassionate. I see ALL of my flaws, and embrace them if I can't change them. I think I see myself as is, for the most part...

Does that answer your Q?

who is this about?

Whoever she is speaking of probably doesn't want to world to know about her low self esteem issue.

please tell your friend she's beautiful & wonderful everyday 'til she gets it!

and ask (or him?) why they feel that way, and squash it! ;)

Whoever she is speaking of probably doesn't want to world to know about her low self esteem issue.

please tell your friend she's beautiful & wonderful everyday 'til she gets it!

and ask (or him?) why they feel that way, and squash it! ;)

its actually not that this particular indiviual has self esteem issues, its more the fact that they dont see their full potential i think. i look at them in such high regard, from everything from the way they look to their great personality.. so its more an issue of just hoping that they realize this themselves instead of brushing compliments aside when they should embrace them.

:)

its actually not that this particular indiviual has self esteem issues, its more the fact that they dont see their full potential i think. i look at them in such high regard, from everything from the way they look to their great personality.. so its more an issue of just hoping that they realize this themselves instead of brushing compliments aside when they should embrace them.

:)

oooh, that's a lesson that was hard for me to learn, seeing someone limiting themselves... Some ppl never fully realize thier potential, but someone like you might help. :) It just depends on that individual. Could be age too. I was in my mid-20's before I realized mine. For one thng, I never thought I was that pretty, even tho ppl told me I should model. It wasn't until it was too late that I realized, hey maybe I could. I look back now, and wished I would've listened. I see this model/actress who I get compared to a lot, having a progressively successful career in entertainment. She is always a reminder that I have to realize my own potential, and pursue it like it's my last meal. So your friend has been told good things by others as well, and still no improvement?

you see yourself as voluptuous,

you are correcting my spelling,

or you like girls who are voluptuous

specify !

:whip:

i was actually just correcting your spelling :) but now that you bring it up...theres different degrees of voluptuousness, IMO...if you're talking renaissance-era voluptuous, then HELL NO lol...but i do like women that are curvaceous and aren't all skin and bones like many of the supermodels these days :) case in point: veronica zemanova :drool: she has the perfect amount of voluptuousness IMO...any more and she'd be a lil too chubby for my taste

i was actually just correcting your spelling :) but now that you bring it up...theres different degrees of voluptuousness, IMO...if you're talking renaissance-era voluptuous, then HELL NO lol...but i do like women that are curvaceous and aren't all skin and bones like many of the supermodels these days :) case in point: veronica zemanova :drool: she has the perfect amount of voluptuousness IMO...any more and she'd be a lil too chubby for my taste

thanks for the spelling help, i was a hurting a little try to remember how that stupid word was spelled. and yes, you're 100% right, the volumptuous fems of the past are not even close to anything most men would consider... the times and image have changed. i wish i knew the veronica chick you spoke of, i dont know her.. but im sure she is beautiful. myself anyway, is very little and teeny, and i dont have volumptuousness (i love this word now that i know how to spell it) of most fems but i still obtain the straight up model look.. but im shorter.. lol

either way, as i stated before, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.. you could be gorgeous and perfect to one individual, and not attractive to another. regardless of opinion i thin k everyone should become accustomed to themselves and confident in every aspect of who they are, from looks to personalilty.