Clubplanet Nightlife Community

SF up for sale...who's going to buy it......

tony41

Bernie, how do you know everything? Where did you pull that from? I guess when you're in the know, you're in the know....?

LOL actually i foudn that out by accident, i was watching the news and cought a story on channel 2 rite after the raids and they had the owner of manhattan lumber on TV saying how good of a tenant RG was and how he always paid his rent on time, etc... and then said that his lease was terminated and they were looking to re-lease the space to a new tenant...all on the 5'oclock news lol

That place was pretty much done in 2000. I went of couple of times over the past couple of years and it was capital W WACK.I felt like i was in some sick video game and it would not stop :mad: BANG BANG BANG..it was not even house music it was wack music. Zombies from wall to wall :gang:and you cant really blame them because what the hell else are you going to do to make you enjoy hours and hours of the same hard beats. The place was amazing from 98 - 2000.

anyone who uses the word RELAIBLE SOURCE is always unreliable. I found out thru people in the know, now i sound stupid saying that myself. But yes it is sold, and dependng on how things go halloween,thanksgiving, or nye will make a lot of people happy. Sats nights will also cater to a certain crowd, still not sure about friday though just a bunch of rumors.

anyone who uses the word RELAIBLE SOURCE is always unreliable. I found out thru people in the know, now i sound stupid saying that myself. But yes it is sold, and dependng on how things go halloween,thanksgiving, or nye will make a lot of people happy. Sats nights will also cater to a certain crowd, still not sure about friday though just a bunch of rumors.

Exacly what makes your source so much more reliable then mine? Is it bc you are such a good dancer? Or maybee your connections at Webster hall let you in on the secret.

The reality is there hasn't been a trial yet.... if there even will be

Untill the criminal proceedings are over there is no telling what will happen with the space or it's contents. If there is still a lease in place and rent is being paid (Highly doubtful) than the space will remain "in limbo". If the equipment is still in there it will be removed at some point and sold at public auction if Richard is found guilty. It's very unlikely that a nightclub will ever operate in that location ever again. There are things that go on behind the scenes and I can assure you that the new wave of "Megaclub" owners would grease any palm to make sure that building never reopens as a club unless they're operating it.... Community boards want to see "Upscale Entertainment Venues" that promise to keep everything squeeky clean.

The reality is there hasn't been a trial yet.... if there even will be

Untill the criminal proceedings are over there is no telling what will happen with the space or it's contents. If there is still a lease in place and rent is being paid (Highly doubtful) than the space will remain "in limbo". If the equipment is still in there it will be removed at some point and sold at public auction if Richard is found guilty. It's very unlikely that a nightclub will ever operate in that location ever again. There are things that go on behind the scenes and I can assure you that the new wave of "Megaclub" owners would grease any palm to make sure that building never reopens as a club unless they're operating it.... Community boards want to see "Upscale Entertainment Venues" that promise to keep everything squeeky clean.

Squeeky Clean,in clubland...in NYC? NYC club scene was built on SEX,DRUGS and Music.

If the equipment is still in there it will be removed at some point and sold at public auction if Richard is found guilty.

that can only happen if the gear was owned by RG, i've been told the lites and sound were all leased, therefore the gvmt cant take them since RG never owned them in the first place. Just how you can be a convicted drug dealer and get ur leased car taken by the DEA but they gotta turn it over to ur bank cause it was never yours and the bank had no way of knowing you'd do anything illegal with it

As far as the space it was leased, Manhatten lumber started looking for a new tenant about 2 months after the raid (assuming 2 months of back rent)

As far as a new club opening there, just watch and see ;)