Clubplanet Nightlife Community

maybe this is asking too much...

dgmodel

how come when you purchase something, or order something, or ask for something you receive an invoice, or something along the lines of a piece of paper stating what youre receiving... but when youre voting for a presidential candidate there isnt an invoice you get saying what youre getting with your vote... (at least i havent come across it yet..) i wonder why they dont have in simple english on piece of paper all the candidates stances... for or against this, for or against that... abortion here, fcc there, no war, war etc... how come we dont have something like that~!?

• 4 weeks later...

yeah true... i was speaking with my father about this and i was telling him my situation and he said something along the lines of me being lazy and i just research each candidate.. then i called him a herb and then he told me about a site that i forgot but has each candidates/senators voting history and what they stood/stand for... but ill have to ask him again this was before i left...

i'm sure there is something online that states all the relevant and important issues that each candidate supports. i doubt either candidate supports all the issues i believe in, but kerry is more appealing on so many levels. bush and his family legacy need to go away.

how come when you purchase something, or order something, or ask for something you receive an invoice, or something along the lines of a piece of paper stating what youre receiving... but when youre voting for a presidential candidate there isnt an invoice you get saying what youre getting with your vote... (at least i havent come across it yet..) i wonder why they dont have in simple english on piece of paper all the candidates stances... for or against this, for or against that... abortion here, fcc there, no war, war etc... how come we dont have something like that~!?

its simple really... whatever vote you cast is private..hence the lil booth you hide in when casting your vote. thats how republicans get to vote democratic without having to face the wrath of their comprades :)

its simple really... whatever vote you cast is private..hence the lil booth you hide in when casting your vote. thats how republicans get to vote democratic without having to face the wrath of their comprades :)

True but...you should be able to get a "receipt" for your vote if you ask for one. This may eliminate the problem we seem to have in Florida every election....damn old people. :D

yeah true... i was speaking with my father about this and i was telling him my situation and he said something along the lines of me being lazy and i just research each candidate.. then i called him a herb and then he told me about a site that i forgot but has each candidates/senators voting history and what they stood/stand for... but ill have to ask him again this was before i left...

......your dad sounds like the coolest.......bring him out next time for some cocktails........but he said the same thing my dad would have said - get off your ass and research that shit.......my dad threw me that line when i was talking about hiring my friend that works for amex as a financial advisor........