Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The one BUILDING i wish i could have PARTIED AT

a very good point mattm20 but MEL CHEREN(the financial backer of the garage) is still alive and i would trust whatever he does is in good taste. Look at LARRY LEVANS bday at SPIRIT and all the other ones b4 that one. VICTOR ROSADO is also still alvie and he was larrys number 1 choice to cover for him and /or succed him. I was just wishful thinkin i guess. At least i can say i was in the building earlier this yr.

:cry: I wish I could of partied there too, and maybe it's just me I just like clubs in that Downtown area.........oh that would be amazing if they re-opened that spot, Victor Rosado, Danny T, Timmy R. are just a few I would love to see in there, oh wait not to mention all the B&S people :clap2:

Let's :hug: ( I mean get together, not hug LOL) and buy it! :clap2:

There were alot of gays at the Garage as was the case in all the clubs in the mid - late 80's. There were also alot of straight people there. I caught the tail end of the garage went there 2 or 3 times before the closing party ... In those days if you wanted to hear real house music you had to go to a place where there was a mostly gay crowd... thats just how it was back then... The Garage also had the absolute best sound system in the city at the time hands down...The systemwas actually sold to Ministry of Sound and shipped to London after the closing.... Rumor has it the system itself was worth over 400K at the time...

Not like I ever went there, but I have read up on and heard a ton of stories about the Garage from people who use to frequent it and from what I've heard it was mostly gay but there was definitly a mix in there but it was a membership club. You had to be with a member to get in, which is awesome! If that place ever did become a club again I would hope they would do something like that for it as well I know I would be right up there getting my membership :)

Not like I ever went there, but I have read up on and heard a ton of stories about the Garage from people who use to frequent it and from what I've heard it was mostly gay but there was definitly a mix in there but it was a membership club. You had to be with a member to get in, which is awesome! If that place ever did become a club again I would hope they would do something like that for it as well I know I would be right up there getting my membership :)

It was definately MEMBERS ONLY.... I only got in at the time because my older brother worked for Richard Long. Richard was the engineer that designed the sound system and most of the time worked the equipment. He now owns RLA and still builds Kick ass sound systems... On "special nights" my brother assisted Richard there and thats how iI would get in. The thing I remember most is it was the first time a saw a large group of gays... and most of them were black... i was really shocked my first time there. The other thing that sticks out was the search on the way in... I dont care what security guy at what club everyone complains about, these guys searched you from head to toe... literally. I was kind of immature to appreciate what was happening there but looking back now I'm glad I got to experience it.