Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Coming to Vegas 9/24 to 9/27

fiyahbyrd157

You seem like a relatively bright individual so realize this is not a argument surrounding your recommendations. You're giving yourself too much credit. Yes I mentioned your recommendations in a few arguments but I don't really care if you promote Vibe or OPM or Ra Thursdays or Ice Fridays or Pub in the Club or any other spot that doesn't cater to your non-hip-hop circle of friends.

If you don't promote those spots, I will - thats a simple fix that we already resolved.

HOWEVER my point is that I don't care if 9 out of 10 regulars here are house music lovers, don't ever miscategorize urban clubs, and don't WORSEN the negative stigma that people like you give to these types of clubs.

Clubs that play primarily hip-hop, reggae and r&b in the main room are no LOWER than clubs that you support - that's really my main point.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest w/ you outofthebox, the one and only I went to OPM (in which I knew nothing of the club) my girlfriend 2 of her friends and I were denied free admission before midnight when we had free passes when it was a regular Friday night. This left a bad taste in my mouth right off the bat. Secondly, they used a metal detector and a pat down for all males entering the club and I could see why. Most of the people entering the place were underdressed compared to the clubs I prefer to go to and had tough guy attitudes like a fight waiting to happen if you accidentally bumped into someone. Who the hell wants to deal w/ that when their on vacation. That is generally the attitude and reputation that the parties you speak of tend to have, and not many people on vacation really want to deal w/ that crap. If thats the type of party your into - wonderful. Unfortunatley no one else on this particular board seems to be which means your wasting energy typing and preaching. NO ONE ELSE CARES!!!!

Having you even repeat the word "ghetto" is just irresponsible - don't you get it? What are you trying to sell here????

Let's think about this. If a spot plays top 40 music (you realize that most top 40 is now hip-hop), enforces a dress code, charges a pretty hefty door charge and locates itself in a high end location on the Vegas Strip, how in the world is it responsible to characterize it as ghetto.

There is only one COMMON DENOMINATOR among the clubs you categorize that way - and FACE IT - OWN UP TO IT BILLIE - THEY ATTRACT ****BLACK***** CUSTOMERS!!!! JUST ADMIT IT. All of your propoganda is centered around RACE - admit it - it is so obvious but you won't admit it.

Just admit it. Say this. My name is Billie. I am afraid of urban clubs. I do not feel comfortable partying with too many black people. I will never recommend a club that caters to the urban crowd because I am uncomfortable when surrounded by people who are black.

If you admit that, then its fine - because a LOT of white and asian people feel that way - HOWEVER.... HOWEVER.... I am making it my personal goal to open people's minds. Urban clubs and the SOUTH BRONX are DIFFERENT PLACES. And many people who come to Vegas WANT to party in that type of club. So there it is!!!

OPM does NOT use a metal detector and there hasn't been ONE real fight there since the day I've had any experiences there. And I'm sure there's more to your story about free admission but I don't even care. If it's your goal to badmouth a club because you know I support it, then so be it, make it personal on that level.. its just more irresponsible propoganda.

You said it: You wrote: Unfortunately the stigma that Urban clubs have is so because statistically it's true. Just like the stigma that are prodominetly asian clusb have. Fights, tough guys and shit like that. It's more about statistics than a stereotype for me

----------

This is EXACTLY why I'm here. Show me ONE published statistical report to support your assertion as if it were a fact.

Look, this is MY WHOLE POINT right here.

I party at hip-hop clubs in Vegas.

I RARELY see any fighting. People LOVE the music. The VIBE is great. It's peaceful. The drug scene is limited to a few people trying to smoke weed. The guys DON'T act all tough - that is a stereotype - the guys are just looking for ONE thing......... PUSSY. People hook up. People go back to their beds and have sex. This is what happens. All of the thug characterizations are EXTREMELY ISOLATED and OVER EXAGGERATED by people who are AFRAID of the scene.

P E A C E!!!

Man I don't think she'll ever get it. I wouldn't party at a spot with all asians either. I don't think that makes me a racist does it? I bet you'd laugh when I say that. But when I'd say I don't want to go to a party with all black folsk you scream racist at the top of your lungs. Personally I would want to party at a club with one majority race. I like my clubs like I like dj's. If they mix it up good I am there.

I never bad mouth Vibe because of the race of peopel it attracted. I bad mouth it because of all the f*ckers who dogged me as I walked by.

oh and you know one other thing I'll tell you I noticed at Urban clubs that I notice a hell of a lot more than mixed clubs (yes I have been to a few urban clubs) is that every guy standing around will reach out and grab a girl, whether it be by the arm or waist or whatever, trying to get their attention. What pisses me off is that they do it when I am standing there or to a girl when her man is standing there. Talk about no class. At least the clubs I go to most fellas know how to approach a girl properly. Please don't go and tell me I am singling out a race here, cause I am not. It's all about class and the proper Vibe for me.

I do get it.

You say you're not a racist yet in the same breath you make a blanket statement about clubs that cater to certain races, including your own... Just because you won't party with a club that only caters to one race - which is your own - that doesnt support your argument that you are not a racist - it only further proves you are.

Seinfeld even had an episode to poke fun at that theory. The anti-dentite. Remember the guy had to convert to make a joke about the religion because that somehow made it ok.

Regardless don't you think it's rather DUMB to BAD MOUTH a club because people OUTSIDE of it dogged you?

Anyway we're going around in circles. It's been real, well at least by me.

Yes this is going nowhere. I realize that you may not like me classifying a club into a certain genre but you know it, it isn't far from the truth. Would it make you happy for me to retract my statement regarding VIBE? In all honesty whether I do it or not 99% of the people on this board would never consider going there anyhow. My recommendation holds no weight over it.

You also forget that you are a local and maybe have a different in when it comes to clubs. Most of the people here are from out of town and want to go to all the most talked about places. They want the more popular spots such as Body English and Tangerine. If you classify those spots as "white snobby young professionals" aren't you making a racist stereotype yourself there? Calling me a snob because I choose to pass on OPM and VIbe is also a negative stereo type and classification as well. So before you get on your high horse and look down your nose at me, remember just because you and I have different views don't point your finger at me.

Dont' stereo type me into a catgegory for going to a particular club, then bitch when I classify a certain club by who I saw there. You made it a race thing, not me.

Think what you want, they use a wand @ OPM and had me empty my pockets when I went. I have nothing to prove to you and have no reason to lie. Not to say things haven't changed b/c this was back in April - but that is what happened when I went.

Regaudless, I am honestly drawing a blank here as far as why you continue to post. We got your point a long time ago. People on this board come here for advice on a certain type of party, music, and clientelle (sp?) in Vegas. The clubs you like don't fit into what they are looking for. Billle and I post about parties and clubs that we hear good feedback about. After my last experience at OPM, I wouldn't reccomend it to anyone looking to have a good time. The people on this board (and basically every city listed on Clubplanet) promote mainly for the dance music scene. If you are so concerned about how politically correct BillLe's post are, why don't you bring your drama to the other boards because they all do the same thing. Reccomend the same type parties with similar music & crowd in other cities around the country. Most of the people who come to the Vegas board are members of different boards looking for reccomendations for a good time based on what they are into back at home.

You should just drop it already - You loose. No one on this particular board cares about the garbage you continue to post aside from me and BillLe. They are here to find out about a good time. And I haven't heard any complaints so far. Go back to Napkinnights or start a messageboard for OPM or VIBE where you can bash these clubs all you want. Just keep your drama out of here.

Thanks and have a wonderful day!!

Pretty funny stuff. For some reason people dogged you in the Alladin Shops and then some brother hit on your girl right in front of you LOL. Maybe we should meet because you must be an interesting character in person haha.

See there again you assume I was rerring to an black person. The people that were outside the Alladdin were black and spanish that dogged me. But the fellow specifically, that reach out and tried to grab every girl that walked by, including the girl I was with (she wasn't my gf, I just someone I was with) was white. Like I said, it all boils down to vibe. Maybe at Urban clubs it's okay to do that, to be a tough guy and dog people, and that is why I don't go.

Are you so close minded that you think you represent the minds of every person who comes to this website?

According to alexa, this site is visited by thousands of people from all around the world. It is ridiculous to think that every one of those people agree with one point of view - so get over it - this isn't a closed community or it would be password protected.

Everyone that I KNOW who goes to OPM, and Ra on hip-hop night and who used to go to Juice on Sundays - well they have a GREAT time and many of those people DON'T like places like Body English and Tangerine. Once again I must remind you that people aren't JUST talking about those spots - or then nobody else would have lines to the door to get in.

And for you to place a CLASS on the type of clubs people are looking for - its just dumb. Different strokes for different folks - stop acting like you are the advice police now... This is a free country last time I checked so it is irresponsible to ask me to just shut up just because my thoughts are different than yours. I'm not asking you to shut up - I'm just asking you to OPEN YOUR MIND a little.

And Billle, don't even go there by trying to reverse the racist argument - I was reflecting on YOUR views, not my own - my views are simple - race should not matter when you RATE a club - it may be worth mentioning that a club caters to a certain group of people - and let people jump to their own conclusions - but to give a club a NEGATIVE stigma just because it caters to the urban crowd - well that's irresponsible -- if someone advertises an upscale urban night - they are promoting a peaceful well dressed party, and irresponsible comments only create a self fulfilled prophecy because then the people who feel they are part of the "in crowd" will just write it off when in fact they may have actually loved the product if they just opened their mind!!

It was you who threw the race card in there. When I said urban I never meant a specific race, I was referring to the type of crowd and people to be expected. Which I still see applies to Vibe.

If you see someone here asking where the hotspots feel free to make your recommendations, as will I. I will also still recommend it like I see it. You and your friends who don't like places like Body English and Tangerine are welcome to your opinion. Just as I am when I say I don't like OPM.

To make you happy I will edit my review of Vibe. But I am sure I will get the same reviews or comments from other folks if they ever went there. As of right now I am like 100-0 of spots I recommend. I recommend clubs that I see fit. Not in any posts in respones to any one else's thread have you seen me knock those spots. I just tend to recommend spots that I personally like, and spots that guests have told me they had the best time at.

So please be the voice of those clubs as I will be for the clubs I always recommend. You'll find the majority on this board will choose Body English over OPM anyday.

Period.

You're right. If MOST people who come to this board like to party to rock, house and hip-hop in a new beautiful club, they will DEFINATELY like Body English more than OPM.

However the key word is MOST. For the people who don't like rock - or don't want to battle a tough door policy - and want to just get their groove on to the hottest hip-hop, reggae and r&b with a packed crowd of down-to-earth patrons who are just looking to have a great time, then OPM may be the answer.

And life goes on. :pint:

How bout you lose the sarcastic comment in your top review and we can kiss and make up.

By the way Body English actually does rule. I wish they were open on Thursdays and I wish they actually did have one night dedicated to hip hop and reggae for the people who like that stuff - Baby's used to do that and it worked out pretty nicely.

By the way I think we may have one more disagreement LOL...

Rum Jungle does not look good - it is set up horribly for nightclub use. If you want to have no place to move and stare at a big bar then it's great. However if you want to go CLUBBING, pick a spot where you can see the dancefloor...

:)

Which comment? I'll edit it post haste.

Onto Rum Jungle, I like the lay out and the decor, but do agree it is not a great "club" lay out.

Body English plays mainly hip-hop. They do throw in the cheesy rock now and then but I don't mind. Who doesn't find themselves lip syncing when Bon Jovi's "Shot through the heart, and you're too late..." cheesy I know, I don't even like them, but it's addicting.

Here is a list of corrections to your reviews that you might find helpful. At least the stuff I know about...

Bikinis Thursday-Sun

Just added latin night on Sunday.

Body English Friday-Sun

DJ Vice on Fridays, DJ AM on Saturdays and Sundays - DJ AM is a big name mash-up DJ and dates Nichole Richie.

Club Rio Thurday-Sunday

Might want to mention Latin night is on Thursdays.

Curve Friday-Saturday

This spot may not be around too much longer ... inside tip.

Dragon Wednesday

Party is having trouble since Tangerine entered the picture.

HOB Friday - Sunday

This is a club that has lost it's luster. I remember when this place was jumpin.

Fridays are 80's and 90's

Saturdays are 70s.

Sundays just closed -- WAS JUICE until an actual thug fight occured outside the club in Mandalay - I know I know.

Ice Thursday - Sunday

Check your spelling in your review.

Moorea Saturday

haven't been yet but I hear it's an awesome spot. Topless area for MB.

They have new nights and the nights are not topless - only the days.

OPM Thursday - Sunday

Thursdays are not bi-fem anymore - they are now $1.25 drinks til the spot hits capacity.

Fridays and Saturdays are hip-hop and r&b main room -- house in orchid room.

Sundays are all reggae and hot.

And it's not free.

Ra Wednesday - Sunday

Thursdays all hip-hop and urban crowd.

Wednesdays special events - usually either mash-up or house/trance depending on event.

Rain Wednesday - Sunday

Sausage fest, sword fight, too many frat boys lip syncing ludacris. I'll pass

hahah great review!!

Prahna

Ibiza is supposed to re-open as Crave

I believe its alternative.

VIBE ( New Upscale, Urban club)

You can make up your own mind on this spot.

Haha.

You may also want to add i-bar at rio.

And dont forget whiskey @ Green Valley!!

Feel free to add that to the thread. Just post a reply and put it in there. My spelling is not too bad, it's my typing that sucks.

Curve is Thurs-Sat now. I know it wont be around for long. All the original hosts have been let go, and once the new club opens at the Aladdin it will be phased out. Talk of it being turned back into a restaurant. Thurs is Gravity. Free 42below vodka drinks.

Krave (formerly) Ibiza is reopening sometime in Oct. I believe someone here already posted that info up.

"Rain Wednesday - Sunday

Sausage fest, sword fight, too many frat boys lip syncing ludacris. I'll pass

hahah great review!!"

Would you think it was funny if it were a club with mainly black people?? Just a question.

Morrea - didn't clarify that it was topless only during the day cause I assumed most people would know the only topless night clubs is a strip joint.

And here we go again lol...

>"Rain Wednesday - Sunday

>Sausage fest, sword fight, too many frat boys lip syncing ludacris. I'll pass

>

>hahah great review!!"

>

>Would you think it was funny if it were a club with mainly black people?? >Just a question.

No I wouldn't because cutting on too many guys is one thing. Cutting on the urban culture is totally different -- but lets not go there again.