Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Bling's Tiesto @ Space Review

Bling

Well well well.......

Let me start off by saying it was GREAT seeing Edgar V behind the decks @ Space once again,even if it was house that he spun it was great,and the set itself was just outta hand,the place was going nuts,played a few classics like love in traffic which was :bowdown:and towards the end of his set there was one track with a humming vocal type dam that shyt was insane.

On to Tiestos set......Ive herd better,ddint like nor feel the first 2 hours of his 3 hour set,to soft for my taste but doesnt mean they werent good tracks I was just expecting something else.But that last hour made up for the first 2 great tracks ive never heard before and when he dropped UNIVERSAL NATION the place :rock::clap2::hoparound:rock:im pretty sure it was the 2003 remix.Wow what a track ! ! !

The main floor was to packed,it was great @ the beginning,can move around and dance comfortable but around 1:45 am shyt got outta hand and went on to chill in the first room(hip hop) then upstairs in VIP for a bit looking down on the dance floor, great view.

Stayed till like 4:45

Good night,good to be back @ Space,great to see Edgar spin there,bitches everywhere,and like always great to hang with friends.

It was good seeing familiar faces....

As for November 24,its on on on on and on ! ! ! !

Great Night at Space. Great seeing everyone. Really liked EV's opener brought the crowd up perfectly. Tiesto's set had some fantastic tracks in it as well, although it was kind of short. Love that Find track and universal nation( :bounce::bounce: ).

thanks for the ticket leo u made my friends night.

peace

The night at Space started out great, ended....uhhh...cut short.

Edgar bringing it nasty with the house. The crowd was enjoying the beats Mr. V was dropping. Nice way to open up the night. :aright:

Tiesto comes on around 2am and for the first hour and half I'd say, wasn't anything spectacular, but still was good. Then he began dropping the nasty bombs, and the party was on.....well we thought it was. 5am rolls around and Tiesto is outta there :confused: 3 hours? Not expected. SOBETON mentioned guest DJ's usually spin 2-3 hours? Wrong! If you get a Tiesto, PVD type of DJ at Space, which is getting paid a lot of $$$, you better believe he's gonna play at least 4 hours. I do understand 2 factors were in play; (1) Hurricane Jeanne was near-by and he needed to get out (2) He had Tiesto on the Bay earlier. I'd believe the hurricane was the biggest factor because if you recall Tiesto did well over 4 hours in 2003. Shit, look no further than during WMC, did what, 5-6 hours? Sobeton, you still owe me a shot, bitch! :tongue:

It wasn't exptected, but at this point there is nothing you can do. After Tiesto, I think was Cedric, and that was the end of the night for me. Overall, was a decent night out at Space.

Great to see the usuals, and special thanks to Doug and Trancemonkey...THANK YOU!!! :D

Till the next one.....

SOBETON mentioned guest DJ's usually spin 2-3 hours? Wrong! If you get a Tiesto, PVD type of DJ at Space, which is getting paid a lot of $$$, you better believe he's gonna play at least 4 hours..
what I said is â€most guest djs at space play 2-3 hour sets in the mainroom, so I’m not sure why this would be any different for Tiesto.â€

the keywords in that paragraph are "MOST" and "Mainroom". :hoparound

the man is the most sought after DJ in the world...he's been number one for 2-3 years in a row...maybe the biggest DJ of all time...and you guys are bitching because he'll ONLY play a 5 hour set at Bayfront and THEN a 3 hour peak-hour club set at Space...

what other city gives you that in the U.S.???

biggest dj of all time? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

oh please the humour! :rofl:

biggest dj of all time? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

oh please the humour! :rofl:

Well, hes the first DJ to achieve many things.. I wonder who is then?!?! Oakenfold, Tenaglia? Sasha? Digweed? Zabiella ? .. As much you might hate Tiesto, he's the most recognize, the one DJ that will stay in history for been the first to make a Tiesto in COncert, sell out tickets just in hrs, and first to spin in the Olympics, among a bunch of other things... I know Oakenfold is great part of History as it is, so is Tenaglie and Sasha & Digweed.. but currently, Tiesto really has it.

Well, hes the first DJ to achieve many things.. I wonder who is then?!?! Oakenfold, Tenaglia? Sasha? Digweed? Zabiella ? .. As much you might hate Tiesto, he's the most recognize, the one DJ that will stay in history for been the first to make a Tiesto in COncert, sell out tickets just in hrs, and first to spin in the Olympics, among a bunch of other things.

:werd:

he was going off and stoped to soon,i wished he could of played from 1-6.great to see you bling down in the thick of it,where was tonie at,me and my girl wanted to introduce ourself's to her?sorry didn't get to meet koky maybe next time.

Tonie? Koky?

They were nowhere near @ Space kid....

Well, hes the first DJ to achieve many things.. I wonder who is then?!?! Oakenfold, Tenaglia? Sasha? Digweed? Zabiella ? .. As much you might hate Tiesto, he's the most recognize, the one DJ that will stay in history for been the first to make a Tiesto in COncert, sell out tickets just in hrs, and first to spin in the Olympics, among a bunch of other things... I know Oakenfold is great part of History as it is, so is Tenaglie and Sasha & Digweed.. but currently, Tiesto really has it.
Paul Oakenfold has outsold Tiesto in CD sales alone. Paul Oakenfold has also expanded as a producer, and Oakenfold actually produces he doesn't just throw his name on productions. :) no doubt Tiesto is at the top of his game and deserves major props. what lasting significance if any Tiesto will have on EDM remains to be seen. I'm sure others will disagree however ,IMO John Digweed is the most talented, and under rated DJ/Producer in EDM.

Paul Oakenfold has outsold Tiesto in CD sales alone. Paul Oakenfold has also expanded as a producer, and Oakenfold actually produces he doesn't just throw his name on productions. :) no doubt Tiesto is at the top of his game and deserves major props. what lasting significance if any Tiesto will have on EDM remains to be seen. I'm sure others will disagree however ,IMO John Digweed is the most talented, and under rated DJ/Producer in EDM.

john digweed rocks....... stil have to see him live.. though i dont think hes the most underrated

Personally, I enjoyed the set at the Bayfront MUCH better. Got there at 10:30pm and he had only been on for a few minutes, stood toward the back of the crowd at first and just took it all in....the visuals were great (and I dont like visuals). Then headed down the the side of the stage so I could get a better view and feel more a part of the action...BEST SEAT IN THE HOUSE!!!! I was just to the left of center only 2 rows back, standing on the seats. There was a nice cool breeze, I wasnt bombarded by the candy-ravers (they were on the floor dancing) and if I wanted to I could have gone down and danced with them because there was plenty of room. Tijs had LOTS of energy and it was fun being able to see Luis, Cedric, Bruno, Pod, Buster, etc having a great time back stage.

Got over to Space right after the Bayfront set and Edgar was throwing down some nasty house...this was my FAVE Edgar house set yet!!! About 1am I made my way to the platform in front of the booth so that I coule be sure to have a good view when my man (Tiesto) got on the decks. He got on at 2am and I could tell that he was a bit drained. His set was good but not as good as others that Ive heard him play and his energy seemed to be lacking. I decided to get down off the platform before I was shoved down and besides I wanted to dance too. Thank God for JMT!!!! Baby, you hooked it up for me nice and I really appreciate it!

I ended up leaving about 4 am. To be honest I was COMPLETELY sober and didnt feeling like dealing with the crowd. I hate to say it but I think I am done with these big events. I would have much rather heard a longer set at Bayfront than deal with the heat and crowds at Space. But thats just my opinion.

Personally, I enjoyed the set at the Bayfront MUCH better. Got there at 10:30pm and he had only been on for a few minutes, stood toward the back of the crowd at first and just took it all in....the visuals were great (and I dont like visuals). Then headed down the the side of the stage so I could get a better view and feel more a part of the action...BEST SEAT IN THE HOUSE!!!! I was just to the left of center only 2 rows back, standing on the seats. There was a nice cool breeze, I wasnt bombarded by the candy-ravers (they were on the floor dancing) and if I wanted to I could have gone down and danced with them because there was plenty of room. Tijs had LOTS of energy and it was fun being able to see Luis, Cedric, Bruno, Pod, Buster, etc having a great time back stage.

Got over to Space right after the Bayfront set and Edgar was throwing down some nasty house...this was my FAVE Edgar house set yet!!! About 1am I made my way to the platform in front of the booth so that I coule be sure to have a good view when my man (Tiesto) got on the decks. He got on at 2am and I could tell that he was a bit drained. His set was good but not as good as others that Ive heard him play and his energy seemed to be lacking. I decided to get down off the platform before I was shoved down and besides I wanted to dance too. Thank God for JMT!!!! Baby, you hooked it up for me nice and I really appreciate it!

I ended up leaving about 4 am. To be honest I was COMPLETELY sober and didnt feeling like dealing with the crowd. I hate to say it but I think I am done with these big events. I would have much rather heard a longer set at Bayfront than deal with the heat and crowds at Space. But thats just my opinion.

ur finally starting to grow up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:tongue::D