Clubplanet Nightlife Community

God's Speed to My Florida Friends ...

lalate

Please donate to the redcross if you can for the hurricane relief effort...

I did :)

oh man i was waiting for this crap... hell no~! i would donate, but they get us ever 4-6 years... i would contribute something only if the ppl receiving this money moved and rebuilt somewhere else... its like a never ending cycle of diminishing returns...

oh man i was waiting for this crap... hell no~! i would donate, but they get us ever 4-6 years... i would contribute something only if the ppl receiving this money moved and rebuilt somewhere else... its like a never ending cycle of diminishing returns...

So all of Florida is supposed to move somewhere?

Interesting.

So all of Florida is supposed to move somewhere?

Interesting.

youre not supposed to move anywhere... but dont go asking for money knowing this shit happends... if you had a car and everytime you drove down a particular street it broke down... and you asked me for money, id say okay no problem... second time, or third time, id say stop going down that street~! so same logic here, if you know your neighborhood is prone to hurricanes, move or suffer the consequences... same for those goofballs that live with earthquakes, and those hicks that have tornados run up their driveway... you dont hear me asking for money everytime it snows or asking ppl from down south to come up here and help us shovel right~!?

youre not supposed to move anywhere... but dont go asking for money knowing this shit happends... if you had a car and everytime you drove down a particular street it broke down... and you asked me for money, id say okay no problem... second time, or third time, id say stop going down that street~! so same logic here, if you know your neighborhood is prone to hurricanes, move or suffer the consequences... same for those goofballs that live with earthquakes, and those hicks that have tornados run up their driveway... you dont hear me asking for money everytime it snows or asking ppl from down south to come up here and help us shovel right~!?

....florida was hit with four hurricanes in a six week period.......if you think that is "normal" then you're out of your gord.........besides i dont think your analogy is a fair one......weather is not controllable........not yet at least.....if we get blasted by the worst winter in history and your home is effected, will you still sit there and not ask for help, simply because you live in the northeast???.....

i think marko's thread started off with the question of why people would move to a hurricane prone area full time in the first place.

Kind of like people who go on vacations to the Islands during hurricane season. I just don't see the logic.

On the flip side tho....this season there have been more hurricanes in x amount of time than I can ever remember. Obviously we have no control over nature...and aid should be given where it's needed.

There are very few areas in the world that are not subject to extreme weather/natural disasters. We get winter out here, they get hurricanes down there, they get earthquakes in california. I remember travelling on a plane when i was a kid and the guy next to was getting off in Chicago - I was flying through to Jersey. The announced the outside temp as -30. I looked at this kid and said, "That's ridiculous. Why do you live in such cold?" and he simply stated, "This is my home." Sometimes it isnt about threats, odds, and calculations - it's just being where you are most comfortable and I will reiterate the fact that I don't agree that being in a "danger" zone means you can not ask or should not ask for help.

....florida was hit with four hurricanes in a six week period.......if you think that is "normal" then you're out of your gord....

no but this isnt the first hurricane theyve ever had, nor the last...

This areas hurricane past:

1871 Aug 16th 115mph from the SE, developed east of Bahamas.Eye passes just west while moving NW.

1871 Aug 25th a 105mph hurricane comes ashore while moving NW

1876 90mph Oct 20th

1896 85mph Oct 9th

1898 80mph Aug 2nd

1899 120mph just offshore moving north Aug 13th

1906 80mph June 17

1928 a hurricane just north aug 7th 100mph heavy damage

1928 130mph sept 16th.

1933 2 hurricanes in 1 year heavy damage

1939 80mph aug 11

1948 90mph sept 22

1949 140mph aug 26,roof blown off ft pierce hotel heavy damage

1950 hurricane King 25 miles to the west oct 18th with 80mph winds causes heavy bch erosion & moderate damage here

1964 aug 27th hurricane Cleo 75mph winds to west causes minor damage here

1964 Hurricane Isabell hits from the SW with 115mph winds Oct 15 after hitting the west coast

1979 hurricane david brushes 50 miles to east with 85mph winds minor damage

1995 hurricane erin brushes to north with 85mph winds bar 29.12 minor damage

1995 t.s jerry 10†of rain

1999 oct 16th hurricane irene hits just east with 75mph winds 1 moble home roof blown off,1/3 county without power.Newspaper article

.2004 Sept 5th, Hurricane Frances hits with 105mph winds. Many trees down,signs damaged power out for days a very large & slow moving hurricane..Ft Pierce K-Mart on virginia ave partially unroofed. Lady luck building collapsing into water. In Port St Lucie downed trees & roof damage. Ft Pierce marina boats ended up on top of eachother.Roof of sunrise theatre partially torn off. Some people taken to hospitals with injuries from falling debris. In Port st lucie siding peeled off trailers.

but i blame it all on the taliban... theyre going after florida with these man-made hurricanes because a bush is there too... theyre building these WMD's (weather making devices) out of cuba in cohoots with the commies...

.besides i dont think your analogy is a fair one......weather is not controllable........not yet at least.....if we get blasted by the worst winter in history and your home is effected, will you still sit there and not ask for help, simply because you live in the northeast???.....

HOME INSURANCE~!

... what about the tornados?

same.... houses built on reinforced concrete foundations and concrete block/brick walls aren't going anywhere.... the worst that can happen is broken windows/door and roof damage ..... the house itself isnt going anywhere.... It takes about 1,000 psi of water just to clean stains/graffiti from concrete/brick walls

same.... houses built on reinforced concrete foundations and concrete block/brick walls aren't going anywhere.... the worst that can happen is broken windows/door and roof damage ..... the house itself isnt going anywhere.... It takes about 1,000 psi of water just to clean stains/graffiti from concrete/brick walls

in all seriousness you bring up a valid point... how come these ppl do not construct there buildings out of concrete and brick~!?

...my first thought would be $$.......then perhaps aesthetics.......but finance would prob be the cause.......i used to live in apartments in a part of jersey that were never meant for longterm housing......they were set up as temp housing for factories built during WWII for planes, parts, etc.....after the war, they left the buildings and people just moved in.......now everything is falling apart and keeps getting upgraded year after year......