Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Hip Hop Music...

Felix_Leiter

cuz ur not the only one in the world with an opinion :aright: ;)

hahaha...atta girl!

hip-hop is at its stongerst point ever, and people like this who think its cool to be "underground" or not so well known try to bring it down and say its garabge

10 years ago the hip-hop community would have never guessed that it would have been the most popular form of music in the WORLD

i dont get why people say its got "nothing good to say" or isnt "what it used to be"

hip-hop IS music these days...rock artists, country artists, and so on only wish they had the exposure and popularity hip-hop had today...so why say hip-hop is in a bad state?

i just dont get it

is just plain garbage..

no originality left...

same ol same ol..

and yet people continue to buy albums...

why?

Thats how I feel about club music now... You dont see me goin to the Music boards saying your all fags for listening to club music (cause most of them are). "Hey man I got that new track Danny was playin, but I cant give it out cause my boy gave it to me ONLY!" I really dont give a fuck about what others are listening to just as long as I enjoy my music.

BTW I dont buy albums... I burn them.

Listen to the new Talib Kwali album you might actually say some rap music is garbage just like most genres have garbage.

Thats how I feel about club music now... You dont see me goin to the Music boards saying your all fags for listening to club music (cause most of them are). "Hey man I got that new track Danny was playin, but I cant give it out cause my boy gave it to me ONLY!" I really dont give a fuck about what others are listening to just as long as I enjoy my music.

BTW I dont buy albums... I burn them.

Listen to the new Talib Kwali album you might actually say some rap music is garbage just like most genres have garbage.

i hear ya..

talib kwali is quality..

question though...

why doesnt Z100 or KTU or Hot97 play his jams?

hahaha...atta girl!

hip-hop is at its stongerst point ever, and people like this who think its cool to be "underground" or not so well known try to bring it down and say its garabge

10 years ago the hip-hop community would have never guessed that it would have been the most popular form of music in the WORLD

i dont get why people say its got "nothing good to say" or isnt "what it used to be"

hip-hop IS music these days...rock artists, country artists, and so on only wish they had the exposure and popularity hip-hop had today...so why say hip-hop is in a bad state?

i just dont get it

country music is not having a problem selling records, it has it's own audience. i doubt they agree with you

i hear ya..

talib kwali is quality..

question though...

why doesnt Z100 or KTU or Hot97 play his jams?

Cause the sad thing is they dont care what he has to say... The majority of the people that listen to those stations want party songs or catchy beats. Talib actually has something REAL to say ALL the time. If he made one party track or switched over for a second he would push units like the rest the bad thing is right now the people wanna hear about how rich you are or what you do to bitches. Time will tell if he does the Jada thing as well. Make 1 or 2 songs that will go mainstream and still keep his old ways for the rest of the album. That way he sells records but still keeps his street credibility.

I'm sure some of these guys are starting to get pissed that they are #1 in a lot of peoples minds but their banks are empty.

country music is not having a problem selling records, it has it's own audience. i doubt they agree with you

sure everyone is selling records, but nowhere close to the power and the pull that hip-hop has...consistantly the top singles and albums are hip-hop

its always like 3 out of the top 5 and 7 out of the top 10 single and albums are both hip-hop

granted, the others usually are country, but nobody is anywhere close to the appealing to the masses that hip-hop has

sure everyone is selling records, but nowhere close to the power and the pull that hip-hop has...consistantly the top singles and albums are hip-hop

its always like 3 out of the top 5 and 7 out of the top 10 single and albums are both hip-hop

granted, the others usually are country, but nobody is anywhere close to the appealing to the masses that hip-hop has

here is a great example of what i mean...the billboard charts as of today

the hot 100 (which is ALL categories of singles) -- top 5 are all hip-hop and r&b...7 out of the top 10 are h/h, r&b...11 out of the top 15 are h/h, r&b

the hot 200 (all categories of albums) -- the top 2 are h/h, r&b of the SAME ARTIST...the #10 album is a h/h, r&b album thats been out since march...6 of the top 15 are h/h, r&b...country is a close second with 4

a lot of people dont think billboard and soundscan are a good way to base an argument on, but they go by album sales and radio play, so you cant convince me its not

you sound like the 'tards at MTV who give away 2 different awards for hip-hop and rap

doesnt make sense...they're the same thing

r&b and hip-hop...2 different styles

rap and hip-hop...2 different words for the same music...how they got separated, me and alot of people would like to know

you sound like the 'tards at MTV who give away 2 different awards for hip-hop and rap

rap and hip-hop...2 different words for the same music...how they got separated, me and alot of people would like to know

no they are not the same music you twit..

rap is not the same as hiphop.

rap maybe evloved into hiphop..but they arent the same..

rap was before it became so commercial..

i want rap back

nah def not the same thing...

i think there's a point in what smokesums saying..

i don't think rap and hiphop are the same... sure they're related, and i never understood why there was a hiphop and rap award, with the same artists and songs, but i always thought rap was a part of hiphop, and hiphop had more elements to it..

but in rap, i think there are different sub genres among it... different styles within the school... and smokesums not happy with the style that's constantly shown on tv and radio, which is understandable, i'm not big on it either...

and kweli is on the radio... and he's getting bigger, b/c ppl seen him a few times on chappelle, so all of a sudden, ppl think he's cool now... blah whatever...

he's always been tight..

i think there's a point in what smokesums saying..

i don't think rap and hiphop are the same... sure they're related, and i never understood why there was a hiphop and rap award, with the same artists and songs, but i always thought rap was a part of hiphop, and hiphop had more elements to it..

but in rap, i think there are different sub genres among it... different styles within the school... and smokesums not happy with the style that's constantly shown on tv and radio, which is understandable, i'm not big on it either...

and kweli is on the radio... and he's getting bigger, b/c ppl seen him a few times on chappelle, so all of a sudden, ppl think he's cool now... blah whatever...

he's always been tight..

see..thats why youd be a great lover