Clubplanet Nightlife Community

life, change, stability, etc

iamme

so we spend the first 22 years of our lives in constantly changing environments, friends, activities, etc. (i use 22 as a rough age...when most people are done with undergrad) and then it seems that everyone wants things to level out, settle down, and be the same for years and years.

i mean with everything...they're groups of friends, their habits, their schedules...something changes and they feel threatened, someone knew comes along and they dislike them right away because it threatens what they have become comfortable with and whats expected. for example, something as simple as a new employee in an office...some offices shun/ignores them because they are new and not part of their beloved nucleus there...

i dont think i could do that. i wouldnt want that. i dont want things to level out but rather build. am i wrong??

alot of the time i think that there's too much out there to settle down (not really talking about relationships here even though that could be applied) and that can be frustrating.

thoughts/comments/opinions/bashing?

i dunno, i guess since i'm 22, I haven't experienced everything you've talked about, I haven't finished undergrad yet either, but myself, i'm a person that's constantly evolving, and think i'll probably continue with this for a few more years....

but then i look at my sisters, they're 26 and 29 and their jobs have changed, their friends have changed.... they've settled in certain things, but continue to strive for change and better in other situations...

and i don't think that up until you're 22 things are constantly changing, i think once you hit high school and college, things start to change, but before high school, my life was pretty steady and never changing, i had the same friends since elementary school.. shit like that...

so we spend the first 22 years of our lives in constantly changing environments, friends, activities, etc. (i use 22 as a rough age...when most people are done with undergrad) and then it seems that everyone wants things to level out, settle down, and be the same for years and years.

i mean with everything...they're groups of friends, their habits, their schedules...something changes and they feel threatened, someone knew comes along and they dislike them right away because it threatens what they have become comfortable with and whats expected. for example, something as simple as a new employee in an office...some offices shun/ignores them because they are new and not part of their beloved nucleus there...

i dont think i could do that. i wouldnt want that. i dont want things to level out but rather build. am i wrong??

alot of the time i think that there's too much out there to settle down (not really talking about relationships here even though that could be applied) and that can be frustrating.

thoughts/comments/opinions/bashing?

ehh.. i totally hear what youre saying.. i used to be pretty easygoing in high school.. i def had typical adolescent behaviors and an oddness about me but things seem even more difficult now than ever before..and i understand what youre saying about "new" things. relationships, people whatever it is.. i suppose it's def part of just growing up and becomming a "normal" adult/member of society whatever you want to call it... and it's all strange and annoying.. but what can you do..

I never really had a childhood...I had more of childlike moments.

I do look back though and remember when I didnt have bills to pay

I'm 21 and I also feel like I'm constantly evolving. It seems that within the past year I have less time with my friends, and more time is focused on my bf, family, working, and getting myself financially situated. I went to college for a semester and I want to go back so I still have to work towards that.

I've had the same friends for years, and hopefully it'll stay that way. I need stability, but things usually level off for a bit, then take a turn in one direction or another.

I always want more...as soon as I get something, although I appreciate what I have I'm aiming for something better or a different goal, so a lot of the time, change is welcome.

yeah i know what you mean but you cant let it get to you. do your thing, be openminded, dont judge people & everything will be OK. i dont care if i walk into someones little bubble and they are an asshole. yeah, i have been uncomfortable in these situations before but now i work at a lot of different places and i dont feel like i fit in at any & i am happy i dont. i dont want to be a part of their miserable little bubble :laugh:

seriously, i feel bad for some of these people because they have been sitting in the same crappy chair for 20 years going no wehre. it may be comfy but its a waste of time...